Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of these TV bowhunting "PRO's" really need to just quit!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these TV bowhunting "PRO's" really need to just quit!!!!

They need to quit hunting big game animals and stick to shooting carp..
    Being laid up the last 2 weeks nursing shoulder surgery I have been watching more TV than I normally would in 6 months..
    That being said I have been watching quite a few of these JegLeg hunting shows..
    I'm blown away and disgusted at how many TV yahoos are perfectly fine with "coming back tomorrow" after evening hunts to track bucks that clearly hit vitally.. Mortally wounded.. They announce it the minute they get out of the blind/stand and before zero effort is taken to find the animal... Unreal.. Then they return the next morning and find the deer easily.. It didn't go 75 yards and guess what? Coyotes have ate or destroyed everything but the head BUT WAIT they are perfectly fine with that because they "found the rack"!!! This really burns my azz!!
    They obviously do not know how irresponsible this is or do not think this is wrong because they are always so proud to have just found just the "Rack"... They are in it clearly for the wrong reason.. I just wittnessed this on a show called "The Final Decent" and that's is just one of many..... They also do other things that make it obvious that they are clueless but I'm done typing!! That some serious BS!!!

Seen it time and again. Burns my rear too.
    You leave a deer overnight in my woods and something will eat it.
    I love the way the camera angles try to hide the mess the ‘yotes left

Comment

Self produced hunts on youtube are lightyears ahead of the TV hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Being laid up the last 2 weeks nursing shoulder surgery I have been watching more TV than I normally would in 6 months..
        That being said I have been watching quite a few of these JegLeg hunting shows..
        I'm blown away and disgusted at how many TV yahoos are perfectly fine with "coming back tomorrow" after evening hunts to track bucks that clearly hit vitally.. Mortally wounded.. They announce it the minute they get out of the blind/stand and before zero effort is taken to find the animal... Unreal.. Then they return the next morning and find the deer easily.. It didn't go 75 yards and guess what? Coyotes have ate or destroyed everything but the head BUT WAIT they are perfectly fine with that because they "found the rack"!!! This really burns my azz!!
        They obviously do not know how irresponsible this is or do not think this is wrong because they are always so proud to have just found just the "Rack"... They are in it clearly for the wrong reason.. I just wittnessed this on a show called "The Final Decent" and that's is just one of many..... They also do other things that make it obvious that they are clueless but I'm done typing!! That some serious BS!!!
        Where have you been ? That’s the main reason I stopped watching hunting shows about ten years ago.

Comment

I see the following scenario also...**the shot***...hits deer 2” in front of hindquarter. There’s fist bumping and the proverbial “schmoked him”! Yes you schmoked him if you were aiming for the small intestine/paunch combo.

Can’t they just say “oh crap that was terrible?” And then do everything they can to find the deer? They do seem to have a good rate of finding them though.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Glad it’s not just Me! I don’t watch hunting shows anymore unless they are on YouTube!
            I also can’t stand the danged music they play amongst all of the Fake hunts ! Sorry- you got me started

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Where have you been ? That’s the main reason I stopped watching hunting shows about ten years ago.
              I haven't watched many if any in a long time because I try to stay busy but I remember the last one I did watch discussed me then too.
              Some guy was bow hunting a really big buck in North Texas. The buck came in broadside at 18 yards. He draws, shoots and hit the buck perfect!! Mortally...
              The problems all started when he knocked his kriptonite coated, super light weight arrow tipped with some panzy *** tiny 75gr BH.. The arrow penetrated maybe 3-4 inches and the buck ran off and was never found.... The need for speed and lack of having a clue about setting up a hunting rig caused a great buck to run off crippled and surely die..
              A good setup would have blew smooth through that buck even at a 45lb draw..
              Last edited by PondPopper; 05-02-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Infomercials for hunting gear.................

Comment

For sure---I gave up on them too.

Comment

Most of the shows on television give the true sportsman a bad name. More of a outdoor fashion show infomercial, than anything that resembles true hunting. I quit watching years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                      I see the following scenario also...**the shot***...hits deer 2” in front of hindquarter. There’s fist bumping and the proverbial “schmoked him”! Yes you schmoked him if you were aiming for the small intestine/paunch combo.

Can’t they just say “oh crap that was terrible?” And then do everything they can to find the deer? They do seem to have a good rate of finding them though.
                      Oh yea I know that guy. The one who is always schmocking or schlocking something at 70-100 yards with no sights...
                      I would love to know what his TRUE wound/kill ratio truly is.... On second thought I probably don't want to know!! He has a hail of a fan base which is also distubing to me..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Infomercials for hunting gear.................
                        Well, mostly for junk and gimmicks anyway!

Comment

Check out The Hunting Public and The Element on YouTube, by far the best Hunting content I've come across. None of the infomercial nonsense and you can tell these guys live to hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            Check out The Hunting Public and The Element on YouTube, by far the best Hunting content I've come across. None of the infomercial nonsense and you can tell these guys live to hunt!
                            Oh yea I have watched a few of those videos by those Public Land hunting fellas. Those guys are on their A game. That long haired young man is a hunting machine!! Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              Glad it’s not just Me! I don’t watch hunting shows anymore unless they are on YouTube!

I also can’t stand the danged music they play amongst all of the Fake hunts ! Sorry- you got me started
                              Yeah, same here. I watch Michael Waddell and Cameron Hanes. These dudes motivate me....but I watch them in moderation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X