Any landscaping drainage guys on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If so would this be acceptable for a tie in to an existing 6 inch pipe that you did the drainage on?

Cut the hole in the side of a six inch pipe and tied in a 4 inch pipe for 3 additional drain boxes I added.

They wrapped this bag around the hole to act as a T I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Black Ice; 04-28-2021, 09:47 PM.

well when the pool guys were laying out pipes I'm glad I came home to check, they had tangled electric wires and pvc.
    This looks about the same type fine quality work you have.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
      well when the pool guys were laying out pipes I'm glad I came home to check, they had tangled electric wires and pvc.
      This looks about the same type fine quality work you have.

I’m getting a pool done now and they are the ones who told me to check with my builder/ drainage guys because they said the drainage was full of water.

Comment

It will work but not optimal. Looks like a last minute add on. Do u have sandy soil???

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
          It will work but not optimal. Looks like a last minute add on. Do u have sandy soil???

It was a last minute add on. I’m dealing with 3 different companies and probably should be 5 considering how many people cut the drainage and the septic tank having to be dug up that’s a few feet away.

Right now I’m just wondering if it’s common practice to cut a hole for drainage in the side of a pipe and shove the new pipe to the back wall of existing pipe.

Soil looks sandy but I’m not and expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            It was a last minute add on. I’m dealing with 3 different companies and probably should be 5 considering how many people cut the drainage and the septic tank having to be dug up that’s a few feet away.

Right now I’m just wondering if it’s common practice to cut a hole for drainage in the side of a pipe and shove the new pipe to the back wall of existing pipe.

don't shove the smaller pipe all the way into the bigger pipe. just asking for trouble just slide in enough that it will stay and may use some flex tape to keep it in place. would be better to use a tee than cut a hole in it

Comment

With all the irregular cuts and gaps, my concern would be the sand/soil plugging off the piping in near future

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                With all the irregular cuts and gaps, my concern would be the sand/soil plugging off the piping in near future

That’s my last drain I can look in before in runs to the ditch.

That’s about 12 to 15 feet before the first patch in the line going downhill towards the ditch.

Comment

100% **** job. I’d make them dig it up and replace it. Two things: 1. Gaps around the connection will cause erosion and allow silt into your drain line. 2. The smaller pipe dropping all the way to the flow line of the larger pipe will restrict flow and lead to a blockage eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    100% **** job. I’d make them dig it up and replace it. Two things: 1. Gaps around the connection will cause erosion and allow silt into your drain line. 2. The smaller pipe dropping all the way to the flow line of the larger pipe will restrict flow and lead to a blockage eventually.

This is exactly what I say as well

Also this is a **** poor example of not having pride in your work. Short cutting at its finest to just hurry up and get out of there instead of doing the job right. The owner of that company should be firing someone if they hadn’t already done that
                    Dam shame

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

It is not common practice. That is lazy af.

Comment

Man, that is terrible. Will be blocked up like a fat glob in an artery in little time. "Nice try, boys. . . start over."

Comment

Post 9 and 10 sum it up.

Complete trash work.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                            It is not common practice. That is lazy af.

Easy... his contractor had fish to catch!

Comment

Working...
                            X