Polaris pool cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris pool cleaners

Does any one use the Polaris 9550/955 robotic pool cleaner? It is worth the price? Or is just better to buy the Polaris TR369 or something similar?

Is the robotic pool cleaner something you have to set up to use everyday? I know the regular Polaris will come on and clean when pumps running, just not sure how the robotic thing works all together?

Any help would be helpful

Not sure which one we have but our system has a booster pump that runs the Polaris. I schedule it to run one hour each day and it seems to be enough. It was here when we bought the house and worth every penny in my opinion. I grew up having the old style pool vacuum that took up my time, would hate to do that again.

Comment

Sorry no help, I have the Polaris 280 and just got done putting a tune up kit in it,(wheels gears bearings) runs like new now. also was having trouble with it getting stuck near the steps, My wife posted the problem on FB (pool care for dummies) Guy told us to put the jet in the back in the 11:00 position and it worked like a dream, has not got stuck since.

Comment

I have the P825 and it is life changing. I thought we had a good pump-driven "leave-in" cleaner that came with our pool build and it lasted about 3 years....and wasn't that great. The robotic is one that I use as needed (every day this time of year due to pollen), but let me tell you - I would seriously consider paying double if I had to replace it.

Comment

We have 9500 series and Love it it cleans very well even if I let the leaves build up a couple of days.

Comment

So the robotic one is the way to go but it sound like u put it out in pool let it clean and then u bring it back inside?

Comment

I’ve got a Pentair Racer on a booster pump. Works good. We used to have one of those old timey Polaris contraptions with the 3 big wheels and no reverse. That thing was like a heat seeking missile to all the paces in the pool it could get stuck.

Comment

I run a Dolphin robotic cleaner without a booster pump, low voltage power inverter. It was odd getting used to at first but does a great job cleaning small particales and dust from the pool. Requires cleaning filters after use.

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                  I run a Dolphin robotic cleaner without a booster pump, low voltage power inverter. It was odd getting used to at first but does a great job cleaning small particales and dust from the pool. Requires cleaning filters after use.

ac
                  I do the same. I keep mine in the pool except when we have a lot of people over. I don't think you are supposed to do this, but no problems and have been doing this for years. My wife nags me if it is on the deck or garage.

Comment

I have the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic. I was so tired of repairing my Polaris 380. It has been great the last few years, until this week. I contacted the manufacturer and they have opted to warranty the unit even though it only has a 1 year warranty. I have to cover shipping to them, is all. That says something about a great company.

The Nautilus is a set and forget for 1 wk period unless you are using the pool. You can have it clean every day or 2 days or 3 days in a wk. They recommend removal for swimming.

Comment

Following! My Polaris is on it's last leg. 3 yrs old. POS.

Comment

We have the dolphin 30i and it works really well. You can set it from the app on your phone for set times weekly.

Comment

I am in the market for a new cleaner a well. I am a pro at rebuilding the Polaris models running on the booster pump. I have done a lot of research the last few days and a classmate owns a pool cleaner service in Austin swears by the Hayward Tiger Shark.

He said to make the move away from booster pump models and go straight electric due to better cleaning, more efficient and wall scrubbing feature.

Comment

Following

Comment

Robot all the way. We provide all of our customers a Dolphin M400 or Pentair Prowler 930 after we builder their pool. I have a Dolphin M400 in mine and it does a great job. I leave it in the pool except when someone is swimming. I clean the filters every 2-3 days which take like 5 mins. Even a smaller cheaper Dolphin S200 will do a way better job cleaning than the Polaris and your pool equipment doesn't have to be running.

Comment

Working...
                              X