Deer Lease cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Lease cost

So I was a little curious what other guys are paying for their deer leases in the Hill Country area. Our owner was thinking about raising price and was going to look at the market. So I figured I would ask all of y’all.
    Description of ours
    2,400 hunt able acres (seasonal lease, we can go during off season 3 times but no hunting)
    Nice house with water (included in price)
    Axis, deer, few hogs. (He does helicopter hunts during summer to help with hog population) been on for 5 years and shot 4 axis this year. We do not kill them every year
    Average 130s on trophies
    This is a big deal for on this one, the owner is the nicest and one of the most respectful guys, couldn’t ask for a better owner
    10 hunters - 3,250

That’s a good price

Comment

That's a steal compared to what he could get. I like your # of hunters per acre!

He could prob add 5 more hunters and get $3500 per hunter if he wanted.

Just my opinion from what I've seen on here. Some folks pay crazy $$$ if exotics are available.

Comment

not to bad in my opinion

Comment

Not being able To use It year round I think your paying to much

Comment

My Lease is in Ozona. 16 Members on 6,500 Acres. $1,500 + $500 for feed/Supplies per member. No Exotics . 1 Trophy, 1 Cull, 2 Doe, and 2 Turkeys allowed. Guest can come but must hunt off members allotment. Unlimited year round access

Comment

Sounds like a solid deal even if there is a price bump.

You will probably see how good of a deal by the number of PM's you get saying "if there is a opening let me know"

Comment

He can get more if he wants.

Comment

East Tx 5k + protein.

Comment

You’re doing alright with that deal, agree would be better if it was year round hunting.

Comment

We have 3200 Acres, 10 hunters, cabin, year around access, NO exotics and pay $3K per gun.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Not being able To use It year round I think your paying to much
                        This. And having hunted in that area for about 8 years with a similar setup but we had year round access but had to call before we were going, I'd be willing to bet that he might be "day leasing/sub leasing" it during the off season for exotics.

Comment

That is a pretty good deal

Comment

My lease in Kendall County is 1300+ acres
                            8 hunters
                            Electric, water, propane included
                            Has a decent bunkhouse but also has water and electric hookups for your RV
                            Also has an old ranch line shack that has been fixed up with a nice kitchen, restroom/shower area and a “living room” area with satellite tv (we pay for) and a big stone fireplace

Some axis and blackbuck with typical or slightly better than typical whitetail (way overloaded on WT)
                            Guest privileges

Hunting during season only but have unlimited access year round

Cost is $2550 per
                            Divided in 3 payments

Comment

Is there any bird hunting or fishing to do on the 2400 acres? What about predator hunting? Sounds like a fairly decent deal, maybe a little high due to it being seasonal but not bad overall. The fact that you can kill axis is a huge plus... but if you had the chance to hunt them (and hogs) year around that’d be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                              X