Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not worth it. Just buy the 280

Comment

My Polaris bit the dust, so went with the Dolphin Nautilus. Happy so far while using a fraction of the cost to run.

Comment

The best thing about the 280 is you'll never miss it once you throw it away for a decent robotic one. Game Changer!

Comment

After spending $80 in parts at Leslies and about 4 hours jacking with an old 280 I lost my mind.

Grabbed it by the tail, started swinging it around to get it up to exit velocity and launched that POS as far as I could.

Kind of a redneck Scottish hammer throw.

Wife witnessed the whole meltdown and just turned around and went inside the house.

Comment

LOL... POS they are! Great description

Comment

Polaris enough said! Junk

Comment

Pentair 930 here. Works great

Comment

I have a Dolphin M400, older unit 7 years, and it does a fabulous job. We had a Polaris years ago and there is no comparison, Dolphin all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                    After spending $80 in parts at Leslies and about 4 hours jacking with an old 280 I lost my mind.

Grabbed it by the tail, started swinging it around to get it up to exit velocity and launched that POS as far as I could.

Kind of a redneck Scottish hammer throw.

Wife witnessed the whole meltdown and just turned around and went inside the house.

Almost got my coffee to come thru my nose For whatever reason I got a very clear visual of what you described.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Robot all the way. We provide all of our customers a Dolphin M400 or Pentair Prowler 930 after we builder their pool. I have a Dolphin M400 in mine and it does a great job. I leave it in the pool except when someone is swimming. I clean the filters every 2-3 days which take like 5 mins. Even a smaller cheaper Dolphin S200 will do a way better job cleaning than the Polaris and your pool equipment doesn't have to be running.
                      Piney woods, what’s the difference between the dolphin nautilus cc+ and the s200? Any that would be better in a situation where there will be several days before it’s cleaned out? For our pool at the coast that we’re at regularly but not everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        Piney woods, what’s the difference between the dolphin nautilus cc+ and the s200? Any that would be better in a situation where there will be several days before it’s cleaned out? For our pool at the coast that we’re at regularly but not everyday.
                        We don't use either of those specific models so I can't honestly comment on them. We primarily sell the M400 or M600 from Dolphin or the Prowler 930 from Pentair. Both are made by Maytronics. I believe the S200 has the same basket/cartridge size as the M400 which I have. I have some very big trees close to my pool and I can go a few days between rinsing the filter. During the fall, it needs to happen daily. The Prowler 930 and M600 both have much bigger basket capacity and would go way longer between emptying but are quite a bit more expensive. I have heard from my rep that the S200 is one of the best bang for your buck models available but have not tried them yet.

Comment

We don't use either of those specific models so I can't honestly comment on them. We primarily sell the M400 or M600 from Dolphin or the Prowler 930 from Pentair. Both are made by Maytronics. I believe the S200 has the same basket/cartridge size as the M400 which I have. I have some very big trees close to my pool and I can go a few days between rinsing the filter. During the fall, it needs to happen daily. The Prowler 930 and M600 both have much bigger basket capacity and would go way longer between emptying but are quite a bit more expensive. I have heard from my rep that the S200 is one of the best bang for your buck models available but have not tried them yet.
                          Thanks for the response, pm headed your way.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                            I was in the same boat and researching pool cleaners. I went with the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus from Maytronics. I have only had it 2 weeks but it is the best pool purchase I have made. It has dual filters that are nothing like the bag filters on the Polaris 280. It has fine mesh screens and it picks up everything, fine pollen and sand. It will only run for 2 hours at a time but I think it's far more efficient at cleaning than the Polaris 280.

I read several complaints about the wire being out on the pool deck and in the way but that is not an issue for me. My Polaris had been down since Laura so the pool bottom was dirty but this new one made short work of it. I am beyond impressed with the performance. It has 3 settings if you want to leave it in the pool where it will clean once a day, every other day or every third day.

I purchased off Amazon for $779 and it arrived in two days, unpack, toss into the pool, plug it into the wall and press start, it's that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              I was in the same boat and researching pool cleaners. I went with the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus from Maytronics. I have only had it 2 weeks but it is the best pool purchase I have made. It has dual filters that are nothing like the bag filters on the Polaris 280. It has fine mesh screens and it picks up everything, fine pollen and sand. It will only run for 2 hours at a time but I think it's far more efficient at cleaning than the Polaris 280.

I read several complaints about the wire being out on the pool deck and in the way but that is not an issue for me. My Polaris had been down since Laura so the pool bottom was dirty but this new one made short work of it. I am beyond impressed with the performance. It has 3 settings if you want to leave it in the pool where it will clean once a day, every other day or every third day.

I purchased off Amazon for $779 and it arrived in two days, unpack, toss into the pool, plug it into the wall and press start, it's that easy.
                              Yep, that is their most popular model for online sale and I've heard good things. I'm sure they have the same twin basket/cartridge type as most of their other models. There is absolutely no comparison between a good robot cleaner and the old school pool side cleaners. Mine came with fine and course filters. I leave the fine one in all the time and it's amazing what it picks up.

Comment

Yep, that is their most popular model for online sale and I've heard good things. I'm sure they have the same twin basket/cartridge type as most of their other models. There is absolutely no comparison between a good robot cleaner and the old school pool side cleaners. Mine came with fine and course filters. I leave the fine one in all the time and it's amazing what it picks up.
                                I think there was an option for a unit with fine filters in the purchase and I know I did not select that line as it was a few hundred more from a different seller. I am 99% sure I have the fine filters in mine due to the amount of fine sand that I am cleaning out. I do like the fact that it picks up all the small pebbles that get in the pool, how they get there I have no idea??

I would recommend this pool cleaner to anyone. You can spend a little or a lot more on the wifi/bluetooth models but I don't see the need once I have used this one. Very efficient and easy to use.

Any idea how often you should remove the impeller to clean?

Comment

Working...
                                X