JFT Turkey Tour 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JFT Turkey Tour 2021

After last year's butt whoopin, I had to get JFT back in the game I’m not sure how much of a “tour” it’ll be this year, but we’ll be hunting as much as we can.

Season starts this weekend and Kayden is hoping to get her 2nd bird. Last year she got a jake and she said she wants a big gobbler this time! I'm pretty dang excited to get her out there again

After that, it’ll be the same ol story for PoPo and I. We’ll hit our usual spots in Karnes & Wilson and we are planning to hit New Mexico mid-April. I also plan to hit East Texas and maybe jump on a plane to the west coast or something….we’ll see how it plays out.

While it has been picking up lately, the birds seem to have been impacted by the winter storm and are running behind. I just recently started seeing/hearing gobblers. Heck…a few of our honey holes are birdless With the nice weather, I expect things to get back on track here pretty quick!

This is probably the flock Kayden will be hunting Saturday morning

3 big gobblers and 29 hens on Saturday morning

Comment

My favorite thread of the year! In for updates and hope to get a few hunts in this year.

Comment

Kayden’s jake from last year

Comment

In to watch JFT and the real star PoPo!! We went from 1-2 gobblers on our place all last year to 8ish on the place this year based on cameras this season. We must have had a die off or a big kill of some sorts combined with a few bad hatches because we went from can't beat them off with a stick for 5-6 years to "where did all the birds go?" the last two. Might be another year before we can host Team PoPo with any success...

Good luck to y'all....If anything changes between now and then I'll let y'all know.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            In to watch JFT and the real star PoPo!! We went from 1-2 gobblers on our place all last year to 8ish on the place this year based on cameras this season. We must have had a die off or a big kill of some sorts combined with a few bad hatches because we went from can't beat them off with a stick for 5-6 years to "where did all the birds go?" the last two. Might be another year before we can host Team PoPo with any success...

Good luck to y'all....If anything changes between now and then I'll let y'all know.

Maaaan I could go for some jalepeno poppers, ribeyes and cobbler!!

Comment

May never happen again but it dang sure would be cool to get another one of these!

Comment

In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                  Maaaan I could go for some jalepeno poppers, ribeyes and cobbler!!

You and me both!!! Been awhile for me too..

Hopefully some more mature birds show.

Comment

Good Luck Clay!!

Hope to get in the woods too. Not many birds this year, but seen a good one at the end of deer season that had some big hooks!!

Comment

I'll be hunting a new place out west this year. Not high hopes but there are a few around. Had a couple of pretty bad storms this winter so curious to see how that affected everything.

Comment

Let's do this!

I haven't done a lick of scouting or knocked the dust off my yelpers yet. DSD army is ready for action though. The gobbling I heard at the end of duck season in Medina county was bananas and means most of the jake cartel from last year lived. Hopefully they survived the ice storm. Got enough birds around some of the other places I hunt to keep things interesting anyways.
                        Attached Files

Comment

In !!!!!

Comment

Just got my Colorado tag in the mail today! I'm pumped to give that state a shot. I'll also be in New Mexico a couple of weekends when their season kicks off. Finally the best season if the year!

Comment

Was thinking about knocking Colorado off my states to harvest a spring bird in as well. We’ll see how the spring shapes up. Texas and New Mexico will take priority. Time is limited this spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X