Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    No, the yips have everything to do with being indecisive and losing your mojo. The kind of thing that happens when Earl has you built up and brainwashed that you are the greatest golfer, person, humanitarian the earth has ever seen. Then it comes out that you are a real person that makes really big mistakes. The guy was very sheltered as a child and young person. He has a lot of mental issues that I think contributed to his game slipping more than any injury. But I'm no pro golfer so it is just my opinion.
    to a degree you're correct, he was sheltered, and yes I'm sure the whole ordeal shook his confidence, but the one year he was healthy after that incident he won 5 times, and became number 1 in the world again...he's been healthy 2 seasons since his last major....that will create confidence issues, swing issues, and the list goes on..

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      And they didn't have a fubar'd back.
      And they didn't have SWING COACHES, COMPUTER MODELING & or EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS leveraging computer modeling technologies to optimize gear to swing tempos.

Note stat number two in Jack's MAJOR RECORD.

Nicklaus finished 1st place in 18 MAJORS
      Nicklaus finished 2nd place in 19 MAJORS.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        And they didn't have SWING COACHES, COMPUTER MODELING & or EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS leveraging computer modeling technologies to optimize gear to swing tempos.

Note stat number two in Jack's MAJOR RECORD.

Nicklaus finished 1st place in 18 MAJORS
        Nicklaus finished 2nd place in 19 MAJORS.
        See post #188

Comment

See post 167

Comment

And I can add.....when Jack won 18 Majors and finished 2nd in 19 Majors

The guys he played against had more MAJOR WINS in the group that played against him...meaning, they had Major playing experience with WINS meaning, these guys didn't fold like a CHEAP SUIT ON SUNDAY!

You can slice it anyway you want about players now versus then but, then - the best players had what it took to take a MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP. Their experience at that level far surpassed the up and coming KIDS Tiger played against. The 10 or so group of guys, who each in their own right, held many Majors under their belts, gave Jack a run for his money...Major after Major - the same 10 or so guys with each, well capable of handling 4 days of MAJOR Play without blowing up and with MAJOR records under their belts.

That's the DIFFERENCE

Jack played years and years more than Tiger at a supreme level - this says a lot about Jack's play.

And the back stuff....you have to swing within your physique to play decades - Jack got it, Tiger doesn't get it. Jack played at 1/2 throttle and this approach allowed him to play well into his 50s at a very high level. Jack was the smarter player.
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Majors

Jack won 18 of 164

Sam Snead won 7 of 118

Tiger won 14 of 76

To say Jack is the greatest because he won more majors is ridiculous.

Also they didnt have the WGC's back then. WGC's arent far off from majors when you look at how stacked the fields are. Tiger owned them. Tiger will probably come up short of Jacks major wins but nobody has ever put together a 10 year run like Tiger did. Doubt we see one like it again in our lifetime.

Comment

Tiger who?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Golf is a dying sport....they are struggling for anything to keep it afloat.
                  Expect to see many retailers getting out of the business here soon.
                  Unfortunately so is Hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                    And I can add.....when Jack won 18 Majors and finished 2nd in 19 Majors

The guys he played against had more MAJOR WINS in the group that played against him...meaning, they had Major playing experience with WINS meaning, these guys didn't fold like a CHEAP SUIT ON SUNDAY!

You can slice it anyway you want about players now versus then but, then - the best players had what it took to take a MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP. Their experience at that level far surpassed the up and coming KIDS Tiger played against. The 10 or so group of guys, who each in their own right, held many Majors under their belts, gave Jack a run for his money...Major after Major - the same 10 or so guys with each, well capable of handling 4 days of MAJOR Play without blowing up and with MAJOR records under their belts.

That's the DIFFERENCE

Jack played years and years more than Tiger at a supreme level - this says a lot about Jack's play.

And the back stuff....you have to swing within your physique to play decades - Jack got it, Tiger doesn't get it. Jack played at 1/2 throttle and this approach allowed him to play well into his 50s at a very high level. Jack was the smarter player.
                    no tigers dominance from 1999-2009 is the greatest stretch of any golfer ever, even jack said so, jack was just more consistent in the long run....

I wont argue jack being the greatest, but between them its 1a and 1b and a coin flip between the two..don't be biased, you could argue Ben Hogan was the greatest or even Arnie...its tough to compare between the generations

Comment

Majors

Jack won 18 of 164

Sam Snead won 7 of 118

Tiger won 14 of 76

To say Jack is the greatest because he won more majors is ridiculous.
                      Someone gets it. Again, he has a 24% win percentage. Next closest active player is Spieth at 8.3% and Phil at 7.8%. Jack was 18% I believe, with smaller fields too.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Golf is a dying sport....they are struggling for anything to keep it afloat.
                        Expect to see many retailers getting out of the business here soon.
                        Several contributing factors, but pace of play is horrendous and is damaging it for sure.

You see the the people on Golf channel talking about how we need to fix that, then the next show on is Michael Breed telling you how you need to take 56 practice swings, line it up, wiggle your ***, take 37 dufner waggles, then hit the ball. Then when you get on the green it is another song and dance before you putt. It is ridiculous.

I do everything I can to avoid metroplex golf courses for this reason. Last time I played Champions Circle in Ft Worth it took 6+ hours.

Comment

Several contributing factors, but pace of play is horrendous and is damaging it for sure.

You see the the people on Golf channel talking about how we need to fix that, then the next show on is Michael Breed telling you how you need to take 56 practice swings, line it up, wiggle your ***, take 37 dufner waggles, then hit the ball. Then when you get on the green it is another song and dance before you putt. It is ridiculous.

I do everything I can to avoid metroplex golf courses for this reason. Last time I played Champions Circle in Ft Worth it took 6+ hours.
                          Twin lakes in canton, tx is the ticket, I live 20 mins from it....not too far from dallas, oh and I agree about the pace of play, everyone needs a routine but a long routine can work against you and can be frustrating for golfers in that group

Comment

Negative ghost rider

Comment

Michael breed is a great teacher but some of the stuff he tries to implement for drills works *** backwards for newbies....almost like he's making crap up on the fly for the show....

Comment

I think it is a shame what he did too his family and his life, but, he has been one of the greatest golfers of all time. As stated by other TBH members he has had a tremendous impact on many peoples golf lives. I lost a lot of respect for him but still would like to see him set a few more records.

Comment

Working...
                                X