Mesquite Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite Academy

Stopped in today and you would think they are closing the store down. 80% of the shelves empty. Displays torn down and overheard an employee say no more trucks received at that location.

That is a pretty popular store, I wonder what is going on.

Comment

So what did you buy?

Comment

The whole state of Texas; OTRoad transportation was shut down due to the slippery roads all last week. Not many goods were delivered in any industry including: Food (think grocery store meat and dairy), sporting retail, pharma, most anything. It's gonna take a week or two to catch back up.

I've been waiting on a lithium trolling battery that I bought Feb 3rd that's been stuck in Utah since last week due to our Texas weather, and weather out west. They just got it back on the road last night. And it's in Ft. Worth now. I should have it delivered sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          The whole state of Texas; OTRoad transportation was shut down due to the slippery roads all last week. Not many goods were delivered in any industry including: Food (think grocery store meat and dairy), sporting retail, pharma, most anything. It's gonna take a week or two to catch back up.

I've been waiting on a lithium trolling battery that I bought Feb 3rd that's been stuck in Utah since last week due to our Texas weather, and weather out west. They just got it back on the road last night. And it's in Ft. Worth now. I should have it delivered sometime tomorrow.
          I took video. That doesn’t explain why shelving units were taken down and stacked, bins stacked up, team sports, camping, footwear and basically every department emptied! Not a single fishing pole or lure was on the shelf. Everything gone pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            So what did you buy?
            Walked in, went to gun counter, looked around and walked out taking video along the way.

Comment

Then sounds like a remodel. Or a shutdown since ya put it like that.

Comment

It is a painful store to walk into even if the shelves were full.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Then sounds like a remodel. Or a shutdown since ya put it like that.
                  Remodel is a good guess. Probably be something similar to Terrell location soon.

Comment

hope they bring back the worm bar on the remodel.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      hope they bring back the worm bar on the remodel.
                      Man I sure miss that!

Comment

The worm bar! Used to love that as a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Stopped in today and you would think they are closing the store down. 80% of the shelves empty. Displays torn down and overheard an employee say no more trucks received at that location.
                          They are opening the replacement store on March 10. This is their normal process when replacing a store. New store is not as big. Should be easier to shop.
                          Last edited by captainsling; 02-24-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Walked in, went to gun counter, looked around and walked out taking video along the way.
                            Didya ask an employee what was going on?

Comment

I believe they are relocating down the street by Target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X