Tank blind build dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank blind build dilemma

I got a poly tank from a friend that measures 5’ - 4” wide by 12’ tall. My thought is to make one gun blind and one bow blind by cutting the tank in equal halves, or make the gun blind 5’ tall and make the bow blind 7’ tall. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Files

I would make em 6 ft each. You could prob find some kind of banding to go around bottom and cheat a little more height out of em if need be.I’m 6 ft tall and really like to be able to stand straight up in my blinds if at all possible.Just my random thoughts but in for the pics get after it.

Comment

Thanks Redbear
      Of course my wife came up with the idea to make rifle blind 5- 1/2’ tall and the bow blind 6-1/2’ tall. I may have married a genius.

Comment

Well not only that, but she is short and does not bow hunt.

T

Comment

I would go 6 and 6, but I am 6' 2 and hate having to stoop over inside hunting blinds.

Comment

I would go 5 ft 9 1/2 and 6 ft 2 1/2.

Comment

I have 148" to chop up what I'm leaning toward is gun blind height 70" and bow blind height 78". Plan on marking it up and cutting it in to next week. I will take pictures on the start of the project.

Comment

TTT
                Don't have the time to make this happen.

Comment

You could also make them the top of pit blinds to get your desired heights. Possibly cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter with soil temp.

Good luck T-Roy
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-07-2021, 12:39 AM.

Comment

My dad makes these all the time! Make sure you clean it out good if it was used to store any chemicals. Also, be careful when you cut it to avoid any cracking or splitting. Especially if its been in the sun for a while, it may be brittle.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                      TTT
                      Don't have the time to make this happen.
                      If you don’t have time and change your mind on building the blinds I may be interested in the tank.

Comment

Working...
                      X