Family sized rifle blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family sized rifle blind.

My 4 year old daughter started going to sit on a few evening hunts this past season. My 5'x4' box wasn't big enough to keep her from banging the walls and got cramped if she brought anything with her. Hoping my almost 2 yr old will join us in a couple years i felt like i needed a bigger blind.

Wish i had taken more progress pics. But it's framed out of 1.25" sq tubing and sided with LP smart siding. 3/4" ply and carpet on the floor. 3/4" ceiling and leftover U panel cover sheets for the roof. DIY sliding plexi windows using plastic trellis caps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice....

Comment

Looks good congrats.

Comment

Nice looking blind.

Comment

That is a great looking blind

Comment

Forgot to add pics of the pics of the spotter/vid camera mount i made and added to the 8 inch C purlin shelf all the way around.

Also added a high shelf and cup holders

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Best part was the cost.

Got damaged sheets of the smart siding for $5 a sheet with very little damage other than the edges which i trimmed with 1x4s anyway
              Traded out the steel for doing a skull mount for my boss.
              Had the tin and got the carpet from a friend's remodel job.
              Paint was some mis tint from sherwin Williams i got for $10 for a 5 gal bucket.

Basically paid full price only for the screws and 3/4" plywood and a few 1x4s and 2x4s and a tube or 2 of caulk and silicone.
              I figure i only had about $150 to $200 in it then my time.

Comment

Heck yeah! Gotta have room for the family, well done!

Comment

Now that is a fine blind you built, and good for you dad making it big enough for your two kids to join you. Nice touches inside and outside, really like all the “shelf” space inside. Will keep things off the floor on those muddy days.

Comment

Very nice! Only thing left is to add mail box. You live in that baby.

Comment

What were the final dimensions you went with?

Comment

Good looking blind! Where did you pick up the damaged smart siding? That's a steal.

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                        Best part was the cost.

Got damaged sheets of the smart siding for $5 a sheet with very little damage other than the edges which i trimmed with 1x4s anyway
                        Traded out the steel for doing a skull mount for my boss.
                        Had the tin and got the carpet from a friend's remodel job.
                        Paint was some mis tint from sherwin Williams i got for $10 for a 5 gal bucket.

Basically paid full price only for the screws and 3/4" plywood and a few 1x4s and 2x4s and a tube or 2 of caulk and silicone.
                        I figure i only had about $150 to $200 in it then my time.

Comment

That is awesome. That sucker will be hot though with that black paint on it.

Comment

Very nice. Care to explain how you built the window frames and hinges? I have 2 deerview windows but will need a couple extra for a build im working on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice, hope you enjoy your extra room with your daughter. Nothing like taking kids hunting!

Comment

Working...
                              X