• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say yes

Comment

Yes, unless you are under 17 years of age

Comment

Poles or not, yes you need one. One is also required to take crabs , shrimp, and other aquatic life forms.

And the maximum size of a throw net is 14' in diameter (aka 7 foot throw net).

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
          Not until the GW shows up.

Comment

I would highly recommend listening to what he is telling you

Comment

Pretty sure he ^^^ knows the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                If all your doing is throwing a cast net for bait?
                yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

Not sure if any said yet, but netting bait fish is "fishing".

Comment

Close thread.

Comment

I was down at the Texas City Dike many years ago and when I finished a wade a couple of fine gentleman had two 12" reds on a grill. They were there with nothing but cast nets. Obvious they were just taking a break, all their stuff was strown around. I went and sat at my truck to take a break myself and could see them from where i was sitting. Eventually i got aggravated and called the GW. I sat there and waited for 30 minutes and called back, they told me they were on their way. They never came and the cast netters went right back to work.

A couple weekends later I was putting in at the end of the TCD, a female GW comes rolling up and boards our boat, checks for horns, life preservers, alcohol, all of our fish and gave us a ticket for being a life vest short. They had to drive by at least 10-15 people castnetting, fishing without licenses, public drunkenness, you name it. I complained and told her that I had recently called them about law breaking just a couple miles from where we were and the GW told me the judge himself would be on her doorstep if she wrote all those tickets. She knew she messed up the second she said it, she clammed up, finished with us and left. I realized right then that you have nothing to fear from a GW unless you look like you can and will pay a fine and wont cause a boatload of paperwork.

I am not anti law enforcement by any stretch.....just stating what I have learned over the years. Take your $50K truck park it in the bar ditch, get you a cooler, tie it to a string and take out in the bay with a castnet within site of any road. GW will be there in a jiffy to cite you. But I see ALOT of that by a certain segment and they operate freely.

Comment

Working...
                        X