UTV Mechanics - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTV Mechanics - help!

Let me preface this with I'm not a mechanic so go easy. Long story short I bought a second hand Kawasaki Mule 4010. Great deal, love the machine but first outing the back left wheel about came off. Quick assessment it was pre-existing and lugs were buggered up bad. Got it home, pulled the hub, replaced the studs and now can't get the hub back on because it is hitting the brake pads. I'm sure there is away to tighten them up to slide the hub back on but I can't figure it out. Tell me what to do.

look up how to do it on youtube………...I learn how to fix anything and everything on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      look up how to do it on youtube………...I learn how to fix anything and everything on youtube
      Agree 100% but haven't found one on this topic

Comment

Y’all take a deep breath...slow down and..

Comment

Are you saying the stud heads are not seated and are hitting the brake pads? They should not be circumferently out far enough to make contact with the pads. You got pics?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pads or shoes?

Comment

Need to post pics

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Run the rotor tight with a lug nut so you can hang the caliper/brake pads

Comment

Are you trying to seat the studs and having issues?

If so, slip a piece of small thick walled pipe over the stud, washer and tighten it down until it sets

Comment

The drums are press fit onto the axles. Check out the attached PDF.
                    The file is for a 3010, but it's pretty much the same setup.

You don't have to have the special kawasaki tools. Put a long pry bar between 2 of the studs, and let it rest agains the floor as your tighten up the center nut. No step for a stepper!

Send me your email, and I can try to send you the whole manual.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Palmetto; 01-12-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Ill get pictures later today. All is done I'm just trying to get the drum back on and it is hitting the the brakes - they released when I pulled the hub/drum and now are larger than the ID when I try to slide it back on. See - told you I wasn't a mechanic, can't even explain it right

Comment

A spring probably broke or came loose between the shoes. And there should be an adjustment between the shoes with a toothed wheel on it.

Comment

Try cracking the bleeder valve on the wheel cylinder and squeezing the shoes together.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                            The drums are press fit onto the axles. Check out the attached PDF.
                            The file is for a 3010, but it's pretty much the same setup.

You don't have to have the special kawasaki tools. Put a long pry bar between 2 of the studs, and let it rest agains the floor as your tighten up the center nut. No step for a stepper!

Send me your email, and I can try to send you the whole manual.
                            Thanks for this by the way, it helps. I did a few thing out of sequence lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                              Thanks for this by the way, it helps. I did a few thing out of sequence lol.
                              Heck, if you don't do some things out of sequence then you don't learn anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X