• Show
Clear All

Soooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^drool

Reminds me of Sartins in Nassau bay

Comment

thinking i should have spent more time crabbing. Looks great!

Comment

Dam Chris! Glad everyone is ok!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            Well boys luck strikes again for me....

Nut came off the ball at 65mph

Saw your post on Bite Me podcast page. Yikes.

Did y’all have the tow chains crossed? Always wondered if that really helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post

We came in hot on a railroad crossing last trip to big lake and my boat popped off the hitch. Crossed chains caught it and all was well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                Indeed, congrats Syl!

I'm hitting the sack now, hitting Galveston Bay in the morning. I'll report back tomorrow afternoon.

*WARNING* croaker will be harmed, don't judge me!
                Never got around to updating, it was a streaky kinda day. Every spot we hit produced a few fish real quick and then went cold. Ended up with 9 trout and 7 reds so still a pretty good box and great times with my dad and my buddy Will.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post

Yeah they were crossed but we were going down hill so when I slowed down the trailer went up under the truck probably have to much slack in my cable/chains

Comment

Yeah they were crossed but we were going down hill so when I slowed down the trailer went up under the truck probably have to much slack in my cable/chains
                    My dad's bass boat has cables on the trailer like yours does. Every time I hook up his boat, I think those cables have too much slack in them. Did you have any damage to the boat or trolling motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                      My dad's bass boat has cables on the trailer like yours does. Every time I hook up his boat, I think those cables have too much slack in them. Did you have any damage to the boat or trolling motor?

Trolling motor has a bent skeg and busted mount, boat has some cracked gel coat interior/exterior. Trailer bumps are bent up pretty good and the tongue has some damage.

Working with insurance hopefully get everything resolved sooner than later.

Comment

Trolling motor has a bent skeg and busted mount, boat has some cracked gel coat interior/exterior. Trailer bumps are bent up pretty good and the tongue has some damage.

Working with insurance hopefully get everything resolved sooner than later.

Really sorry to see this happen. Hope the insurance doesn't jack you around with it and you can get back on the water soon.

Comment

Question for y’all. What leader line do y’all use? I’ve been using 20 lb flouro; but this past weekend, I threw a gold spoon and most of the trout I caught would throw it when they came up and shook their head. Thinking about using mono instead to get some stretch in the line, since I use braid. The only mono I have is 15 lb

Is it worth the switch? Or just keep using the braid/flouro combo and expect to lose some fish with treble hooks?

Comment

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Hope everyone is safe from this storm

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                              Question for y’all. What leader line do y’all use? I’ve been using 20 lb flouro; but this past weekend, I threw a gold spoon and most of the trout I caught would throw it when they came up and shook their head. Thinking about using mono instead to get some stretch in the line, since I use braid. The only mono I have is 15 lb

Is it worth the switch? Or just keep using the braid/flouro combo and expect to lose some fish with treble hooks?

I rarely use a leader at all, and if I do it’s 20# fluoro. I mainly use a leader in the surf when ladyfish are bad. Somehow those jokers will cut you off with braid quick. I don’t throw spoons but never had a problem with fish spitting a hook due to no stretch. Maybe if you’re using a broomstick for a rod and keep your drag locked down you would need some stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                I rarely use a leader at all, and if I do it’s 20# fluoro. I mainly use a leader in the surf when ladyfish are bad. Somehow those jokers will cut you off with braid quick. I don’t throw spoons but never had a problem with fish spitting a hook due to no stretch. Maybe if you’re using a broomstick for a rod and keep your drag locked down you would need some stretch.

Caught a bunch of ladyfish last weekend, they’ll jack up some flouro quick too. Using a medium action with medium fast tip Waterloo so it’s not exactly stiff lol, as for drag these trout were in the 14-14.5” range so I didn’t think they should be taking drag at all

Comment

Working...
                                X