Had to say goodbye to my sidekicks yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to say goodbye to my sidekicks yesterday

I put a post on here a couple months back about my dogs who were becoming aggressive towards my grandson and who had bit in the past. Well, after months of putting it off in an attempt to find them a place to live out there days I had to have them euthanized yesterday.

My grandson is at the house quite often and the dogs just kept pushing their limits. I know I made the right decision, but fellas, let me tell you... it HURTS. I've never had to put down a dog that wasn't very sick, and watching them take my dogs back yesterday SUCKED.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can’t tolerate a biting dog around kids. Zero tolerance and no 2nd chances. Hate you had to do it, but I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As someone that got tore up baaaaaaad when I was a kiddo by my uncles dog I can tel you that’s the right thing to do. It’s just not worth the risk. I had my first plastic surgery to reassemble my face in 1st grade and my last in 9th. And lots in between. So good on you for recognizing the seriousness.

Comment

Unfortunately, they were your dogs and even more unfortunately, you have the right to kill them……but you could have at least took them to the animal shelter and let them take their chances of getting adopted by someone that would view them as a little less disposable. Too bad we can’t get rid of humans this easily that exhibit behavior we don’t particularly care for.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
          Unfortunately, they were your dogs and even more unfortunately, you have the right to kill them……but you could have at least took them to the animal shelter and let them take their chances of getting adopted by someone that would view them as a little less disposable. Too bad we can’t get rid of humans this easily that exhibit behavior we don’t particularly care for.
          "At least took them to a shelter". For what? To potentially bite someone else's kid?

He tried to rehome, couldn't find a suitable one, didn't want to potentially pass on the liability to another family, and made the right decision for his family. Tough and terrible decision, but unfortunately sometimes it has to be made.

Comment

Is the air thin up there on your high horse?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
              "At least took them to a shelter". For what? To potentially bite someone else's kid?

He tried to rehome, couldn't find a suitable one, didn't want to potentially pass on the liability to another family, and made the right decision for his family. Tough and terrible decision, but unfortunately sometimes it has to be made.
              Not everyone looking for a dog has kids. And what is the difference in him re-homing them vs the shelter?…..does one scenario keep them from “potentially” biting someone more so than the other? Accept that there are other view points than your own.

Comment

Not everyone looking for a dog has kids. And what is the difference in him re-homing them vs the shelter?…..does one scenario keep them from “potentially” biting someone more so than the other? Accept that there are other view points than your own.

Big difference actually. He would know for sure anyone getting the dogs from him directly would know of the biting potential. No guarantee that info would be relayed by a shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

With him re-homing he could tell the folks about them being aggressive towards children…Try to keep up.

Comment

Not even going to bother trying to explain that one.

Comment

Sorry you had to do that, I know it had to be a tough decision, but I sounds like it was the right one.

I remember in 5th grade a friend of mine was attacked by a neighbors dog. She had to have major plastic surgery to heal. She was never really the same, emotionally or physically.

Comment

3 months I tried to find them another home. I tried to take them to animal shelters, no kill shelters, breed rescue groups, adoption sites and all the same answers. They were either at capacity with a long waiting list or would not take dogs who were known to bite. I was looking everywhere. This grown man was a blubbering mess yesterday, so don't think I took the decision lightly. I'm tore up over what I had to do, but I refused to let my grandson get bit. But make no mistake, I tried everything

Comment

Life is hard on the prairie. Things must be done.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                            3 months I tried to find them another home. I tried to take them to animal shelters, no kill shelters, breed rescue groups, adoption sites and all the same answers. They were either at capacity with a long waiting list or would not take dogs who were known to bite. I was looking everywhere. This grown man was a blubbering mess yesterday, so don't think I took the decision lightly. I'm tore up over what I had to do, but I refused to let my grandson get bit. But make no mistake, I tried everything

You did the right thing.

Comment

Prayers Up for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X