Birria Tacos De Res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birria Tacos De Res

Made these today....good lawd. Were a hit with the family and will definitely have to try them again.

I couldn't find all ingredients for the homemade Adobo sauce, so used a mixture of chipotles in adobo sauce (out of can) and pre-made Adobo sauce. Added in some sautéed onions. Marinated meat (2lbs of chuck roast and 2lbs of short ribs) in the mixture for about 18hrs. Started cooking meat on smoker and then once in stall moved to pressure cooker to finish faster. In pressure cooker I put all of the hybrid Adobo cause mixture with the meat. 30 min in pressure cooker, then shredded meat, added about 2 cups of sauce and put in pot on stove on med-low heat for about 20 minutes. Dredged corn/flour tortillas in sauce then on cast iron griddle, smothered with cheese, raw onions, cilantro, and then put meat on it. Served with the Adobo sauce in the bowl and sour cream.

Only pic I have, I’m slacking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slayr; 01-10-2021, 05:17 PM.

id be getting the chorrdo

Comment

that looks good.I will copy and try it out.

Comment

They look great. I have lived in South Texas my whole life and have only heard about them a couple years ago. Where have they been all my life. Thanks for sharing.
        Last edited by blfx4; 01-10-2021, 05:22 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by blfx4 View Post
          They look great. I have lived in South Texas my whole life and have only heard about them a couple years ago. Where have they been all my life. Thanks for sharing.
          You’re welcome. Doing some reading on different recipe pages, looks like it is originally from Jalisco, Mexico and were a special occasion type dish.

Comment

Made them a few weeks ago and they were tasty

Comment

I’ve never heard of these, but I’m intrigued. Very intrigued...

Comment

Those look amazing. I love them.

Comment

Goat tacos are delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Made them a few weeks ago and they were tasty
                    I’ll definitely be doing again.

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    I’ve never heard of these, but I’m intrigued. Very intrigued...
                    Try em out! Tons of recipes out there for them, also.

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    Those look amazing. I love them.
                    Yep!!

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                    Goat tacos are delicious.
                    I’m sure you could substitute other meats (lamb was mentioned in several), but I used beef.

Comment

I’m going to be making some soon . I’m going to use the dried chilies. I’m a big fan of making my own sauces with them . Brings a lot of flavor .

Comment

Birria Tacos are the "in thing" right now. Some are great and others are too greasy. It's all about the consomme being all flavor and no grease. They are messy tough, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X