Another Semi Live Kansas Thread!!! 11/7-11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Semi Live Kansas Thread!!! 11/7-11/15

I know we have several awesome Live Threads running, but I enjoy reading them so much when I am awaiting my own trips that I thought I might add to the excitement if I could.

After not drawing a tag in 2018 and spending my vacation in South Africa for 2019 I am finally returning to the Sunflower state. The plan is to depart tomorrow afternoon for our 10 hour trip.

My good buddy Ben(Boyles77) is joining me this year for his first ever Kansas hunt. Ben has never hunted the midwest and is quite excited!

Ben and I managed to make a decent scouting trip back in September and even hung up a few cell cams on some good trails/scrape lines. We have a few potential prospects thus far, but one deer in particular really has my attention. He is a main frame 6x6 with some trash. The deer is high and tight with main beams that curl up so, naturally we are calling him "Curly".

We are not planning on being in the stand on Saturday at all, and as warm as it is we will probably not be in one much on Sunday, we will just be getting more cams out and things ready for the week. They are calling for a cold front to hit Monday that I am looking forward to really flipping the switch. I historically would choose the 10th-12th for my three favorite days of the year, and with the weather they are calling for those days I am fired up!!

We have only planned to hunt public ground, but as of today we might have an opportunity to hunt a good piece of private down the road a bit. I will update on that if we get the opportunity.

Some of my stand locations will have great signal, but some will be terrible. I will try and update as often as I can.

For now I will post a few pics of Curly to start the thread off!! Long drive tomorrow, but I doubt I get much sleep tonight. 24 hours and I am Kansas Bound!!!

Any Kansas guys want to guess on score??
    Attached Files

Best of luck!

I'll be in a stand in KS unit 12 next Wednesday morning through ???, looking like we might be hitting it just right behind the front and may hit the rut also... Shoot straight!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Safe travels and good luck.

Comment

good luck and safe travels I'm going to guess 168 inches

Comment

Good luck and shoot straight
                Curly will gross over 170"

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                  Best of luck!

I'll be in a stand in KS unit 12 next Wednesday morning through ???, looking like we might be hitting it just right behind the front and may hit the rut also... Shoot straight!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm in a stand as we speak in Unit 12. Beautiful evening and lots of deer movement so far

Comment

Geez he’s a Brute good luck

Comment

I am so pumped and ready to go!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Enjoy!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment