Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iron Will Broadheads. Think I’m going to pull the trigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Will Broadheads. Think I’m going to pull the trigger.

I killed my first deer with a bow in 1986. I’ve killed over a 100 deer with a bow and probably 1000 pigs. I’ve laughed the last 10 yrs watching all the people on TBH and elsewhere get all wrapped up about the “newest” stuff since I’ve never had an issue with the “old” stuff.

I just realized that between me and my son we have have killed 23 hogs in the last 3 months with our bows and I’m out $180 in broadhead blades. I’m going to buy some good heads and just resharpen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your name Wilt Chamberlin?

Comment

would love to have the opportunity at 1000+ hogs with my bow

Comment

You won’t be disappointed

Comment

Iron Will are perhaps the best overall head I have ever shot. When I travel and the pressure is on I shoot iron will. If you are killing vast numbers of pigs and deer I would consider something tough as nails and easy to sharpen. Like a vpa or even a Montec cs. Easy to touch up with a simple ******* file. That being said, you can resharpen an iron will abd I have only broken one.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
            Iron Will are perhaps the best overall head I have ever shot. When I travel and the pressure is on I shoot iron will. If you are killing vast numbers of pigs and deer I would consider something tough as nails and easy to sharpen. Like a vpa or even a Montec cs. Easy to touch up with a simple ******* file. That being said, you can resharpen an iron will abd I have only broken one.

I respect you opinion Doc. I’m looking at the IWs because as an engineer I deal with tool steel every day and the flat cutting edges have to be easier to sharpen than a curved blade.

I’m thinking I can buy $400 of heads and we’ll be good for a couple years.

Comment

1,000.... wow.... :-)

Comment

You will love them! Scary azz sharp too!

And they penetrate like crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  1,000.... wow.... :-)

That’s really not that many if you hunt every day. I hunted almost every night for 4 years while I was in college.

We kill 350-400 a year on our place on the Sulphur River.

Comment

I killed 8 with the same SlickTrick.... before I lost it. They Teagarden easy and you don’t need to have your credit score checked

But if ya just want something new, they seem like awesome heads.

Muzzy 100g 3 pk ... $9 on sale. Resharpen easily.... kill pigs dead

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I killed 8 with the same SlickTrick.... before I lost it. They Teagarden easy and you don’t need to have your credit score checked

But if ya just want something new, they seem like awesome heads.

Muzzy 100g 3 pk ... $9 on sale. Resharpen easily.... kill pigs dead

I’ve killed a metric crap ton with slick tricks (that’s what we shoot now) but the new ones seem to have softer blades and I don’t like the chips and dents in the blades after they stick in the ground.

Comment

If you like iron wills but want an even wider cutting head, that is just as well made, don’t rust, check out German kenitics. I much prefer them to my IW’s. In fact I sold all my iron wills, to buy more GK 125gr. XL and 175 gr. XXL ‘s. Both are truly great heads, I just like a mech. size hole, and the penetration and durability of a great coc head.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          If you like iron wills but want an even wider cutting head, that is just as well made, don’t rust, check out German kenitics. I much prefer them to my IW’s. In fact I sold all my iron wills, to buy more GK 125gr. XL and 175 gr. XXL ‘s. Both are truly great heads, I just like a mech. size hole, and the penetration and durability of a great coc head.

I have no doubt the GK is a great head. Just looks like the IW will be easier to sharpen with a jig since the blade angles are straight. I’m looking at the IW wides for what it’s worth. I like the bleeders also.

Comment

I have seen 3 or 4 tips chipped on IW heads in the last year. They are still awesome heads that are scalpel sharp out of the box. And if they honor their warranty the way Magnus does, a chipped point here and there is not really that big of a deal. I have been shooting German Kinetic heads since 2009, and have only experienced one broken blade in all that time. I hunt a lot and shoot lots of critters.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought some IW. They were sharp but my pocket knife is sharper. Maybe be I’m obsessive. Nice broad heads I dig them. I’ll try them out soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X