Drill stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drill stem

where is a good cheap place in Central Texas to buy some drill stem for a fence

Call Arc of Pride welding 979 220 5410 out of Milano, have bought a bunch of drill stem from him
    Last edited by waffles; 06-14-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Elite steel in temple

Comment

there is also a place in Georgetown, Capitol Pipe, I think.

Comment

If you want to get a better price ask for schedule 40 pipe then tubing then drill stem, big difference unless of course you know the difference and are wanting some very heavy duty fencing material.

Comment

2 3/8" or 2 5/8" production tubing is used a lot for fence
            Drill stem is pretty stout stuff.
            Last edited by texasair; 06-14-2020, 09:47 PM.

Comment

We bought 72 joints for 2k but that was probably close to a year ago now. This was 2 3/8 that had been brushed and cleaned.

Comment

2 3/8 and 2/7/8 pricing has jumped from 28.00 a joint to 40 plus a joint. I just priced out some 4.5 inch for a entrance marque and it came in right at 160.00 a joint.

Comment

bought 2000' 2 months ago and it was $40 a joint. that was the cheapest I could find for #1 2-3/8 drill stem. last year I paid $27 a joint. wish I would have finished my fence out then... Prices on wire fence have jumped up quite a bit also the last few months...

Comment

Originally posted by CWaller30 View Post
                    We bought 72 joints for 2k but that was probably close to a year ago now.
                    Weed sure has gotten expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                      2 3/8 and 2/7/8 pricing has jumped from 28.00 a joint to 40 plus a joint. I just priced out some 4.5 inch for a entrance marque and it came in right at 160.00 a joint.
                      I miss the days when I could get it for 40 cents a foot but unfortunately, that was when a lot of rigs were being stacked.

Comment

be prepared to pay over $50/joint for 2 7/8"

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "joint" refer to when talking about pipe? I just started searching for 2 3/8 pipe to use for a small stall and can't seem to find any.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                            Forgive my ignorance, but what does "joint" refer to when talking about pipe? I just started searching for 2 3/8 pipe to use for a small stall and can't seem to find any.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                            1 piece

Comment

Look on your local Craigslist as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X