Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids and Go-Karts : How many grew up on one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Always had fun trying to see how hard we could turn before throwing ourselves out of the passenger side. What a blast.

Comment

Back before Armor all was invented there was this stuff called "Son of a gun", it was the same thing. I cleaned my go kart up and armor all'd the tires and seat. I went hauling butt down to the dead end to spin around and slide right off the seat.

Comment

It's awesome to see that so many others have memories on carts.

We put radios and storage boxes on ours and we even had an ol lawn mower trailer that we built storage boxes in and pulled behind us. We kept extra gas, ropes and a small air tank in it. We would go miles from home down the backroads of hill county.

Comment

I got my son a go-kart and a 50cc dirt bike i have them both governed down I don't trust him on a wide open throttle the kart tops out at 40 and the bike at 35 he loves them take him riding on the weekends.! Him and his cousin in this pic.!
          Attached Files

Comment

Has a Simplex Go cart and a mini bike. Cops always caught me on the cart. Mini bike I would hide in the weeds if they were coming. I live in the hills of Pa. could see them coming.

Comment

Never had a go cart...ran the wheels off an orange Suzuki quadrunner though. That thing would scoot.

Comment

never had one but my cousin did so I bought my boys 4 and 7 one of those 175 cc off road types, I was gonna buy a 90cc but they will out grow it quick, beside I can drive this one

Comment

Great thread! And don't hold me accountable for this is anyone gets hurt!! but Dad had an old polymer bottom from is airboat that he cut into about a 4x4 pc and we tied that on the back of my go cart with about 25' of rope, man you talk about fun. Imagine your buddy passing you on a pc of polymer after a long fast right hand turn! Man the good ole days

Comment

Do you know what brand go kart that is??

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                    When we were kids all the neighbors had go carts and we would run the wheels off of them. So after my boy mastered his suped up power wheels (6v truck running 24v) I thought it was time. I built him this hand me down and geared it WAY down. I have to sit on top of the seat to ride it, but when I do it will pull the front tires off the ground when I take off.

Cass is almost 4 and Jolie is 2-1/2 and the will ride this thing all day if I let them. Making memories they'll never forget.
                    [ATTACH]726981[/ATTACH][ATTACH]726982[/ATTACH][ATTACH]726983[/ATTACH]

He even gives his older brother a ride[ATTACH]726984[/ATTACH]

At wide open throttle this thing is a brisk walk. Maybe 4mph, but he thinks he's Mario Andretti
                    I bought a single seater same brand. But I dont know what brand it is. Great shape used. Super Dave do you happen to know the manufacturer of the kart?

Comment

Dad built us a couple go carts when I's about 5 or 6. They went WAAAY too fast (didnt think so back then).

When I was about 10, he built a buggy and put a VW motor in it. It would fly!

Comment

Originally posted by Clove View Post
                        I bought a single seater same brand. But I dont know what brand it is. Great shape used. Super Dave do you happen to know the manufacturer of the kart?

Carter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

GBaby and his 4wheeler.

He now has a mini bike as well.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yep.... brought back some memories... back in the mid/late 70's they were pretty basic but alot of fun.....

Comment

I was just talking to my wife about getting our kids a go cart or something. We live in the country and have all kinds of room for them to ride it .

Comment

A neighbor down the road from us had one, and was I guess in his late 20's or early 30's and he worked for Sears back in the day.
                                He had mopeds and go karts, and would let us young kids in our early teens ride them whenever they pulled them out.
                                Doing 360's downhill at full throttle on a gravel road with slicks was a pretty cool thrill!
                                How I lived lived through my youth and didn't kill myself is a mystery to me.
                                Last edited by Jimbo47; 03-11-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X