X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was great! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay_Bur
      This video is beautiful and scary at the same time. Perhaps this is my perception, because I am a beginner and have not hunted game larger than a hare. Deer, for example, I feel very sorry for. They are beautiful, graceful. How did you do it? Was it a pity to hunt deer at first, or was there no such problem? I would like to understand for myself whether it is worth trying to develop my hunting passion or be limited to what I have?
      Your questions are simple and straight forward, but the answers can be incredibly complicated, and may be different for every hunter. Why do you hunt, why do you kill, how does that make you feel, how do I bring myself to kill and how should I feel…very complicated. I will say that you have come to a great place (TBH) to explore those questions. Ask these questions on TBH and people will tell you how they feel, how they view the ethics of hunting, and their thoughts from a spiritual perspective. Start the conversation, post your questions “around the campfire” and I’m sure you will get some respectful and thoughtful answers. Keep in mind bow season opens in two days, so don’t be surprised if responses are a little slow at first. I do think it’s a good topic, and TBH’ers in general like to reflect and share on these questions.

Comment

Great video! Shows a bunch of shots we all worry about. I like the slow mo and seeing the reaction to the bow. Just curious, what kind of FPS are you shooting in the videos?

Comment

Now you got me all pumped up!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
            Great video! Shows a bunch of shots we all worry about. I like the slow mo and seeing the reaction to the bow. Just curious, what kind of FPS are you shooting in the videos?
            Most of these shots were with a Mathews Z7, 350 grain arrow going around 315 fps.

Comment

Man you are a hell of a shot! really enjoyed this !!

Comment

Great video, thanks for posting it. Now I’m really excited about this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great video. What broad head were you using ?

You definitely were putting them in the dirt.

Comment

That was cool!Amazing how those deer can move that fast.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                      Great video. What broad head were you using ?

You definitely were putting them in the dirt.

I use Slicktricks, most of these are Slicktrick Magnums, some are GrizzTricks. I now use Wicked tricks. All have done great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay_Bur
                        Thanks for the answer. I just watch the video and I get some kind of mental stupor or something. I will follow your advice and try to figure it out, I will ask the forum members for help. I just thought I would be considered a weird or overly moralist.
                        It might help if you understand that deer, like hare, are prey animals. Being graceful has nothing to do with the fact that they naturally have a short life span. If left unhunted populations would boom to the point of destruction of food sources resulting in mass starvation.

Predation is a must in order to keep the herd healthy. A deer that is left to live its natural life does not live happily ever after. At about 8 or 9 years old on average his or her teeth get worn to the point that food can not be digested. The deer starves down over months in winter and gets weak. Then coyotes catch him and start eating his hams while alive. It is a grotesque miserable death.

In short, hunting insures populations are kept in check, provides great meat for the hunter, and provides a humane death of mature animals when properly managed. Hunting is the most natural process on earth. The circle of life completed.

Steve
                        Last edited by GarGuy; 10-02-2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Great video....

Awesome video, enjoyed watching... some great shots on there also.

I agree with GarGuy, I have personally seen this with a nice buck that managed to make it thru 6 seasons only to disappear from his usual routine one spring. I hate to think how he died...

There are several stages to a persons hunting life and if you do it long enough you will experience them as well. The experiences and enjoying nature is not always about the harvest, it's how you get to that point.

Comment

Comment

Nice vids.

Comment

Great video! Loved the slow motion and no music as it really helps to see what the animals are doing after an arrow is launched.

Comment

Working...
                                X