Dove hunting at granger PHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting at granger PHL

i scouted out some places to dove hunt. The places that looked the best for dove hunting (open fields) is occupied by alot of cattle and my book and map that i got in the mail says its public hunting land. this is frustrating, ive seen old shotgun shells, there are signs posted public hunting land. but still occupied by cattle. hunt or no? feels like a waste of money to be hunting on someones ranch. then i get shot or arrested HAHA! GATE 5 if anyone knows the layout. san gabriel unit. its a long stretch of backroad past 390 and 391. thanks for any useful info.
    Last edited by bowshooter1994; 08-27-2018, 05:54 PM.

I hunt several public places that have cows on them until hunting season starts. Private being leased by TPW, or forest service lets owners graze too for a fee I’m sure. The place we hunt birds most is private land livestock that is in the program. We pick up our shells tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When in doubt check with the Corps of Engineers office at the north end of the dam.

Comment

For dove hunting there check out the Sore Finger unit.

Comment

They have cattle in some units all the time. You need APH permit to hunt there. Other than that, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bowshooter1994 View Post
            i scouted out some places to dove hunt. The places that looked the best for dove hunting (open fields) is occupied by alot of cattle and my book and map that i got in the mail says its public hunting land. this is frustrating, ive seen old shotgun shells, there are signs posted public hunting land. but still occupied by cattle. hunt or no? feels like a waste of money to be hunting on someones ranch. then i get shot or arrested HAHA! GATE 5 if anyone knows the layout. san gabriel unit. its a long stretch of backroad past 390 and 391. thanks for any useful info.

I hunt here often, you are good to go. Not just for dove either.

Comment

Have a good friend who owns property that borders Granger wma. We have done well in yrs past. I've never hunted the public land there, but we can see the trucks lined up off the road. It's honestly been years and years now since it was good around Granger for dove

Comment

And be ready to move. Last year I was the first person in the field. Within 2 hours I could see 10 others that set up by me, then they were shooting in my direction and only 100 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by captainmike View Post
                  And be ready to move. Last year I was the first person in the field. Within 2 hours I could see 10 others that set up by me, then they were shooting in my direction and only 100 yards away.
                  no kidding, it is pepper city

Comment

Still looking for a spot here in Lubbock. Running out of time!

Comment

Opening day was good for me out there. Also, heard lots of shots coming from primitive camp area.

Comment

Working...
                      X