Lets see some 3rd gen Dodge trucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see some 3rd gen Dodge trucks!

I just got one of my old hotshot trucks back from my son. I let him use while he was looking for a truck...that was over a year ago..LOL! Mine is a 04' CC, 2wd, 5.9HO,6 speed. Its a beast and ran the dog out of it. I bought it new, got it home and pulled out the passenger front/rear seats-built a bed. Feet under the dash and head at the back of cab, I had a small fridge/TV and cloths rack behind driver seat. I ran it like an 18 wheeler OTR. The first 11 months I put over 100k on it. It pulled a 40' GN from day one. When I left hotshotting, it served as a daily driver for a short period of time. I eventually sold it to my father when he was needing a "new" hot shot truck, he put the finishing miles on it to break the 500k mark. When he finally retired, the old truck was given the title of "ranch truck" and like most it was used hard and put up wet. Sat outside and eventually became offroad truck only, driven around the pastures etc. I finally talked my father into selling it back to me. I got it home, cleaned it up some. Got it street legal and drove it some before letting my son use it for a year. This one was my favorite hotshot truck that I ever had. All I did was straight pipe the exhaust and run the dog out of it. It pulled some heavy loads all over the place. I had a 90 gallon tank in the bed with a gravity feed setup, it was awesome. I remember one time I went 9 days without turning it off. I was up north in the snow/ice sub zero temps in Minnesota, Wisconsion and bordering states-it was cold! Enough of memory lane, I got side tracked...my apologies. I am going to redo this old truck. I am thinking about a color change. I am PJ dealer and I really like the PJ red that they have. I am thinking color change to that and installing a PJ Utility Steel Truck Bed(GT). Change the interior from cloth to vinyl and remove the carpet. I want to make more dog friendly so I can take my old white dog with me. Lets see some pics of your rides. I need some motivation!
    Attached Files

Sounds like a great truck.

How many miles on it now?

It would be interesting to see a list of major item replaced over the years. It's had to have had a few clutches and a couple front end rebuilds.

Engine ever opened up?

Comment

Sold this one in 16.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BBD79DDE-A337-4F26-B830-A7A068C96623.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	24632431

Comment

I had the frontend rebuilt just before I let my son have it. I was talking to my father about it, he had the fuel pump replaced at dealer New Braunfels not long after he got it from me. I think there was a issue with them back then? . He did not remember the details. Transmission has been rebuilt, injectors replaced a few times, AC stuff, 2 clutch's, 3 radiators. Still has original rear-end with no work done on it. The motor has never been opened up not does it have a oil leak. Has had 2 water pumps that I know of. The motor is stock, never been opened up, we never hot rodded/tuned it etc. We both were pretty religious on maintenance changing motor, trans and rear diff oil.
        I went to a local upholstery shop today and ordered new vinyl floor and material needed to do the seats. I am going with a 2 tone vinyl on the seats. I think it will look good and be work/dog friendly. I still thinking about paint, RUBI513 is helping go red, Dodge..thats sharp looking!

Comment

I’m a Ford guy but i like those old third gens!

Comment

We’ve redone and sold quite a few 3rd gens. Here’s a couple clean ones we sent out.

Fresh out of the paint shop yesterday-

Comment

This is my 2003 Dodge 2500/5.9 HO/48RE transmission 4x4. It has 156000 miles and never been chipped. Not even thinking about selling it.
              It has been a great truck to me.

Replaced transmission booster pump......2017
              Replaced entire dash....2018
              Replace driver seat cushion.....2018
              Replaced all front end steering parts.(wasn`t bad when I had it done).....2019
              Replaced diesel lift pump....2020
              Replaced rear u-Joint....2020

Comment

Working...
              X