• Show
Clear All

Drawn lake Whitney

2nd draw success
    Antlerless/spike muzzleloader hunt
    First week of January

Anyone else? Anyone hunt this before?

Thanks

Hunted twice with muzzleloader. Easy hunt the first time multiple opportunities dad got a doe I got a good sized spike.
    Second time was after a bad flood no success.
    Stands were pop up blinds and they had fed the deer up good. We hunted in December both times I think.
    Bring a comfortable chair.
    Several old timers from the area that show up for stand by say its usually a great hunt.
    Staff was good as is usual on these hunts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rberg View Post
      2nd draw success
      Antlerless/spike muzzleloader hunt
      First week of January

Anyone else? Anyone hunt this before?

Thanks
      I camp a weekend there every October. Neat little park for sure. Always see quite a few deer when we’re there. Not sure how they do the hunts, I.e, if the park is shut down, where they place blinds, etc)
      Three years back saw a really nice buck in the first clearing on the right as you drive past the HQ. maybe 140” or so.
      If you’re hungry, go eat at Bobby’s burgers in Whitney. Some of the best, greasy, cooked on a flat top burgers you can find. We’ll always eat there our first evening in the park. Good luck

Comment

The brochure said hunters can camp there, so I’m calling to make reservations.
        As with other park hunts, the park is closed during the hunt dates and it is doe/spike hunt.

I’ll definitely try the burgers

Comment

In the State Park or ? Also, how long you gonna be there? I'll pm you my number in case you need some help or anything. Big ol home made pies as well as great food at the Whitney cafe as well.

Comment

Blinds are placed in the park. I've hunted next to the bathrooms beside picnic tables etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
              Blinds are placed in the park. I've hunted next to the bathrooms beside picnic tables etc.

Ha! Prolly hunt out of your camper! See plenty when we camp there!

Comment

I originally had won a tag at Whitney for muzzleloader Ant/spike Jan 6-8. Decided not to buy it since it was a Muzzleloader Hunt. Must have missed that when applying. Best of luck to you! Glad you were able to win the second draw.

Comment

Thanks
                  You never know with the first week of January
                  It could be 80 or 18
                  Hoping for cool but not too cold

Comment

Working...
                  X