Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody used the Sierra Game Changed TGKs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody used the Sierra Game Changed TGKs?

I got a couple hundred of the tipped game kings to do load work in my 6 creed. Anyone tried them?

Title should say game changer. Stupid auto correct

Comment

I load them for a friend in a 270 wsm. Had good luck with them so far. They seem to be a good balance of toughness and expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jealous you have a 6mm bullets to pick from, this 6.5 craze is getting out of control!

Comment

I haven't tried them out on game but my rifle absolutely LOVES them. Hoping to head to the ranch this weekend and shoot some pigs and see how they do.

Comment

I’m doing load development for a 6.5 PRC using the 130s. Shows promise so far with 3 different charges grouping sub 3/4 MOA with one of those sub 1/2 MOA.

Comment

Just ran a ladder test with them. I found two promising loads. Going back this weekend to decide which one chrono's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                Just ran a ladder test with them. I found two promising loads. Going back this weekend to decide which one chrono's the best.
                What caliber?

6 creed? What powder?

Comment

Bought some for my wife’s 270. Couldn’t get them to group well at all. These were factory loads. Couldn’t find individual rounds for reloading. Maybe they have some now though.

Comment

Tag

Comment

I ran the 64 grain TGK in a 22 inch 22-250Ai with RL 26. Accuracy was decent and about what I expected, just under 2 inches at 300 and 3250.

Should be a great hunting bullet

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        What caliber?

6 creed? What powder?

sorry for the wait...
                        No, I am shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor.
                        130 gr. TGKs
                        on top of IMR 4895. I wish I could remember the load of powder. I got it written down at the house.
                        Started on lowest and went to the highest load in .3 gr. increments.

Comment

Working...
                        X