All Seasons Feeder Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Seasons Feeder Motors

What is the difference in the units? Not fully understanding what I get for $150 vs $80- perhaps a better way to ask would be is one timer unit that much better than another. We feed twice a day, nothing special.

One has "the timer" which i feel is one of the best if not the best timer out there. They run about $60 just the timer alone.

The other has an all seasons branded timer that is the ssme timer as a ton of others. They work but i have jad several of these (different brands but same timer) crap out after a couple yrs

Comment

The $150 box has the eliminator spinner plate and The Timer. Those two items are about $100 alone. The other box has a regular spinner and a cheaper timer.

Comment

I have 8 feeders between 2 setups and run "The Timer" in all of them. I have changed 1 timer in over 10 years. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
          I have 8 feeders between 2 setups and run "The Timer" in all of them. I have changed 1 timer in over 10 years. You get what you pay for.
          Similar results here. Great product.

Comment

Same for me , I run "the timer" in all of my feeders. I have some that are 7-8 years old with no issues. The one I have had go bad they replaced for free.

Comment

I run the Timer in all my corn feeders. IMO, the best corn feeder timer out there. I run the ASF timer in my ASF 12V timed protein feeders because the ASF timer has a Low-Med-high setting. The Timer will slam the protein against the inside wall and break it up. On the ASF 12V Low setting, the protein comes out nice and full pieces.. I say all that to say I have not had a problem from either the Timer or ASF timer.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                Same for me , I run "the timer" in all of my feeders. I have some that are 7-8 years old with no issues. The one I have had go bad they replaced for free.
                Yep i have several west texas feeder supply boxes with solar panel attached they havent been touched in 4-5 yrs. Im shocked at how long the batteries have lasted in them. Usually every 3-5 yrs they need a new battery and thats it. Occasionally ill have a wire end corrode off that will need replacing but thats all.

Comment

I run both The Timer and the ASF Digital timer and I have less issues with the ASF Digital. The ASF Digitals I have are over 8 years old.

If you are looking for just basic feeding the 12v Spin Feeder control unit is plenty good, I wouldn't hesitate myself.

Comment

I run 14 “the timers” and have only had to change 3. All 3 were because of raccoons shorting them out by grounding wires on the feeder box. I triple wrap wiring to insure that doesn’t happen any more. One set of AA batteries in the timer to start each year and no problems past that. It has worked for me now for 8 years. Before that I ran moultrie 6 volts and every trip to the stand was a game of roulette. It amazes me how people spend large money on leases and cheap out by 20-40 dollars on timers.

Comment

Sounds like I'm in the minority here but I'm not a fan of THE TIMER. Returned my first one as it was supposedly a "bad" batch and continued to have problems with the second. I prefer the cheap factory digital timers. As for the eliminator spinner plate I am a fan. However it is just something else to go wrong and for those of us who don't get to visit the lease near as often as I like I prefer to keep it simple and minimize things that can go wrong.

Comment

Same results here....6 feeders with the Timer. Four anywhere from 12-14 years old. 2 that are 4-5 years. Had to replace one of the newer ones as it was in the “bad batch” per West Texas feed and would lose 30 secs a month on the time. Spun and worked fine otherwise. No problems out of the new one or the other one since.

Comment

Working...
                        X