Can i borrow a rangefinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i borrow a rangefinder?

I know this is an off the wall question but i'm cheap so i figured what the hell, ill ask. I just set up a new bow stand this year on the lease. I only have the one setup and id like to shoot some ranges out of my stand to know what i have. However, this is the only thing i currently see myself using it for. I cant justify spending $100+ on something i will rarely touch. So, i wanted to see if someone had an extra crappy model or something in the San Antonio area that i could borrow for a weekend in a couple of weeks?
    Last edited by Abu_dude; 08-20-2020, 02:45 PM.

Use a long tape measure.

Comment

Message me I can lend you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm too far or I'd loan you one.

But..... if it's only a one time deal, why not just "step off" different surrounding objects by foot? Seems easy and logical enough.

Good luck with your search....

Comment

Always took a big step and called that 1 yard.

Comment

Or take some old rope and measure off the increments that you want like 20, 30, 40, 50 yards and use that.

Comment

If you're a bowhunter, you need a rangefinder

Comment

Message me.
                I can lend you one.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                  I'm too far or I'd loan you one.

But..... if it's only a one time deal, why not just "step off" different surrounding objects by foot? Seems easy and logical enough.
                  It was my initial choice but i have scrub brush between feeder and stand that doesnt allow for straight line walking.

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  Message me I can lend you one.
                  That would be amazing man. just need it was 1 weekend in Sept.

Comment

Get the HuntStand app on your phone. With what you are wanting to do it's free. You can view your setup from anywhere on an aerial map and measure distances between any points you make. Also useful for finding area size. You can make plots and find out acreage, distance to stands, etc. Very useful and free. You can pay for additional features but I haven't found the need for them

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Get the HuntStand app on your phone. With what you are wanting to do it's free. You can view your setup from anywhere on an aerial map and measure distances between any points you make. Also useful for finding area size. You can make plots and find out acreage, distance to stands, etc. Very useful and free. You can pay for additional features but I haven't found the need for them
                      Ill have to look into this. I use the Huntstand app but was not aware of this feature. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

No problem. Its pretty cool and very useful. When you have some free time tinker with the options and you will learn what you can do. The compass icon on the right hand side allows you to measure distance between points that you choose
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          If you're a bowhunter, you need a rangefinder
                          This.

Comment

Step it off.

Comment

I have a Nikon 4K you're welcome to. It's not an extra crappy one but should work for what you need. You pay shipping both ways and it's yours to borrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X