Any Dozer Mechanics???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Dozer Mechanics???

I have a couple questions for a dozer mechanic. I recently purchased a smaller dozer with a 6-way blade that has lots of slack in the blade. Got it all cleaned up and upon pulling the outer pins and checking the bushings I’d say they are 95%+. Still have a tight fit. Now, all the ram ends and pins have vertical movement (up and down) and there are no shims to fill this void. I have not yet pulled the main center pin but I feel that this will have lots of slack, could this One pin be the main culprit for all the movement?

I can get in you in touch with a good mechanic, one of my best buddies. He works For caterpillar. Was with ASCO before

Comment

If you get someone else in the seat, have them put the blade on the ground, pick it up and set it down, put a little pressure on it, you can see exactly where the slack is. Lock it out of gear before you do this if there’s someone in the seat that’s not an operator. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        If you get someone else in the seat, have them put the blade on the ground, pick it up and set it down, put a little pressure on it, you can see exactly where the slack is. Lock it out of gear before you do this if there’s someone in the seat that’s not an operator. Good luck !
        This right here. Just like a vehicle. Get under under it and have someone wiggle the steering wheel. You will see the slack in everything that is bad.

Comment

That’s a good thought. I’ll put my wife behind the controls and see what I can find.

Comment

DO NOT have any part of your body under, directly in front of, or between the tractor and the blade when the engine is running!

Comment

Sounds like most likely it’s the joint and center pin needs replacing.

Comment

Look up "BenCo" equipment in north texas. Wont find a better guy. Call Ben and tell him Brandon sent you.

Comment

when is the last time it was greased? I have a JD 650 H and controls will feel a bit sloppy if it isn't greased

Comment

If all the pins/bushings are tight, it's the blade ball/socket.

Comment

Several things could be the culprit on a 6 way. Best to do as said above get someone to move it around and you watch for the slack. Might also have to set it down on the ground and have them ease back and Forth a little to to see where the slack is.

Comment

Working...
                      X