X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas has been open for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
      I dont think anyone is saying your daughter is lying to you. Just that the rona restrictions are having little to no effect on infection rates that is all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      I disagree to an extent. I do believe social distance helps and the mask in certain situations. I don't believe shutting down business helps and causes more harm then good. My daughter and wife disagree with me but I have to remind them that they see the worse cases. The drug my daughter is testing is looking good for treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
        Texas has been open for me.
        For real Floyd's has been full for several months, church has been in person for 3 months and the theater is open. Only thing not open is some bars but I don't drink.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          I disagree to an extent. I do believe social distance helps and the mask in certain situations. I don't believe shutting down business helps and causes more harm then good. My daughter and wife disagree with me but I have to remind them that they see the worse cases. The drug my daughter is testing is looking good for treatment.
          I could be persuaded that social distancing helps. There is zero emperical evidence to suggest masks work, especially given that no specific type of mask is to be worn. So most folks trot around with old, dirty reused masks on, or worse yet home made cloth masks, and they don't wear them properly. But by God you better have one on. Serious question what is your wife and daughters take on herd immunity? I've heard several Dr.s claim 15-20% and we reach heard immunity. Seems we could have hit that long ago without these restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
            I could be persuaded that social distancing helps. There is zero emperical evidence to suggest masks work, especially given that no specific type of mask is to be worn. So most folks trot around with old, dirty reused masks on, or worse yet home made cloth masks, and they don't wear them properly. But by God you better have one on. Serious question what is your wife and daughters take on herd immunity? I've heard several Dr.s claim 15-20% and we reach heard immunity. Seems we could have hit that long ago without these restrictions.

My daughter thinks herd immunity is achievable and could get here before the vaccine is ready. My wife doesn't really treat covid patients, she's seeing them either for other issues or to draw labs. Your right about the masks they will not protect you from getting it but will lesson the chance of you spreading it. I only wear one when there's a sign on the door just to keep peace, i don't wear one to church or to chiropractor as they don't have a sign.

I'll add one more thing some of the patients in icu have been there several months and will most likely die as they have been on a vent for too long. The newer patients in the icu are mostly younger obese people
            Last edited by deerplanter; 09-26-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Believe Mississippi is doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Now wait a cotton pickin minute......you aint dead?
                obviously a SUPER SPREADER!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Time will tell.
                  Yep

Watching Florida's CVD-19 ICU case load after opening up will give us a clear picture on how the restrictions were, or were not, working.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    My daughter is an infectious control NP and she told me her case load is going back up, the covid unit icu is full again. I would like to see it open up but I think certain areas of Texas are not ready yet.
                    I know that, as the number of cases drops, many hospital networks are designating one or two hospitals in their networks as COVID hospitals, and directing COVID patients only to those designated facilities, while transitioning the remaining hospitals in their networks back to normal operations. As you would imagine, those hospitals that are COVID centers have seen an increase in COVID patients simply because they are now serving a larger geographic area. I wonder if this could be happening in your area as well?

Comment

I was out of town this weekend and didn't see much news. But this doesn't seem widely reported even though it is great news for our country. Guess it doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        I was out of town this weekend and didn't see much news. But this doesn't seem widely reported even though it is great news for our country. Guess it doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative.
                        It also goes against the DemoKraut narrative for mail-in balloting...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          It also goes against the DemoKraut narrative for mail-in balloting...
                          Nah they’re just trying to kill off the wealthy retirement community to spark the real estate market in support of the economy.

Comment

Working...
                          X