No announcement yet.

50-53gr 223 bullet for deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In front of shoulder neck shot turns the lights off of everything I’ve seen shot with a 22-250 and 223.

Comment

Don’t let the 223 naysayers discourage or talk your son into taking a shot he may not be comfortable with. Keep the distance reasonable (under 100 yards if possible) and put this Bullet behind the shoulder and you’ll have a dead deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just shoot the 55 grain v max and keep the shots inside 100 yards. He will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          https://www.jgsales.com/-p-105168.html

Don’t let the 223 naysayers discourage or talk your son into taking a shot he may not be comfortable with. Keep the distance reasonable (under 100 yards if possible) and put this Bullet behind the shoulder and you’ll have a dead deer.

Good bullet, not any varmint rd. Mike knows his shtuff

Comment

Gold Dot. Good Deal. That's a little pricey for 223, but the times are what they are. Appreciate it.

Comment

The hornady 55gr soft points are dead nuts accurate in my .223 rifle. Another one for you to try if you can't find above.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                The hornady 55gr soft points are dead nuts accurate in my .223 rifle. Another one for you to try if you can't find above.
                The one's that come in the box of 50?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  In front of shoulder neck shot turns the lights off of everything I’ve seen shot with a 22-250 and 223.
                  100% agree. Nothing walks/runs from my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    https://www.jgsales.com/-p-105168.html

That Gold Dot is bad medicine for deer and hogs. I load the 64gr in front of 29.6gr of 2000MR and even big hogs don’t like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      That Gold Dot is bad medicine for deer and hogs. I load the 64gr in front of 29.6gr of 2000MR and even big hogs don’t like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I needed some more 64 grain and it appears they have been replaced with 62 grain for whatever reason.

Luckily I have a few hundred of the 64 grain loaded up.

Comment

Take your pick.

Comment

For off shelf .223
                          The federal fusion is my go to! 62gr
                          Also done good with the BLACK 75gr BTHP.... don’t group as good but good enough @50yards.

Like mentioned about keep it short. I wouldn’t let Lola shoot an animal past 50. There won’t be any tracking. They either drop... or you go find em

If the chart your referencing has the yellow, red and green chart with bullet weights. I’d print it out and keep it in your pocket. You may need to wipe with it in a bind. It’s been 100% wrong in every .223 and AR we have checked against it. Lol
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 09-25-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Im telling you gotta use the gold dot. Its like a little partition. Hold together well mushrooms out and penetrates deep.

Comment

Gold Dot or Barnes TSX. Might even TRY the Sig 60 grain HP rounds to see how they shoot.

Comment

A 1/12 twist will shoot 60 to 65 grain bullets if they are the right profile I handload 70 grain Speer bullets in .223 for deer and hogs, and they shoot MOA out of a Remington model 7. I don't believe that bullet is available in a factory load, though. One of my friends has had good luck with the 64 grain Winchester factory load on deer in a standard (1/12) twist .223. And there are other 60 grain loads out there that i haven't tried since I mostly handload, but they might be worth looking at.

Comment

Working...
                                X