What chrono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What chrono?

Im in the market for a chronograph. Not looking to spend the coin for a labradar so thats out of the question. Any suggestions? TIA

Oehler 35p if you can find one...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Oehler 35p if you can find one...

6mmBR.com has one listed right now for $300

The 35P is old school technology that takes 4-5 minutes to set up but is the most accurate chronograph on the market

Comment

I saw a guy using one of these at the rifle range last year and I have been thinking of picking one up, but have not pulled the trigger. He seemed to really like.

I believe this is the one with bluetooth and there was an app that recorded everything.

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post
          I saw a guy using one of these at the rifle range last year and I have been thinking of picking one up, but have not pulled the trigger. He seemed to really like.

I believe this is the one with bluetooth and there was an app that recorded everything.

That’s the one I’ve had my eyes on. Seems nice for the money. Reviews are great. I don’t need one often enough to justify spending big money on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by roberts View Post

And it’s as accurate as it’s $125 price tag would suggest, I have one...

The 35p mentioned above will be the most economical accurate option if found at that price, from there look at MagnetoSpeed and the LabRadar.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, looks like i better get ready to spend a little more. Although it wont be used much, accuracy is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
                Thanks for all the help guys, looks like i better get ready to spend a little more. Although it wont be used much, accuracy is needed.
                I have one similar to the posted link and it works ok but I’ve never tested velocity against another chronograph.

I’ve definitely noticed some major inconvenience with velocity and groups shot.
                For instance I can shoot a 5 shot group and have 3 in the same hole and the next round 50-75fps faster but not have a poi change. Just doesn’t seem right.

I’m thinking about a new chronograph too.

Comment

20+ years using my old Crony. Still works good as long as it is set up properly. Avoid direct bright sunlight and be sure it is set dead level. Sun shades work but sun angle must be directly overhead. When all is set properly it is accurate and consistent. I think these my be discontinued now but way back then they were about $100.

Comment

Magnetospeed V3

Comment

I need to upgrade myself. I have a Chrony beta master but it’s really old school. No way to save and download data.

I’m going to bite the bullet and get a Labradar.

I don’t like the magneto speed because I shoot velocity and group tune at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Mike.

Have you seen any pics of people using fixtures to hold the magneto in position without attaching to the barrel? Not sure it's really a viable option but one to think about.

More money down the rabbit hole but it's part of the allure of fine tuning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Magnetospeed V3 and you’ll thank me later. No setting up to make sure it’s perfect. No issues with light or shade and works every time. Buddy has a labradar and his will miss consistently a few every time. After thousands of rounds I’ve only missed a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            I'm in the same boat as you Mike.

Have you seen any pics of people using fixtures to hold the magneto in position without attaching to the barrel? Not sure it's really a viable option but one to think about.

More money down the rabbit hole but it's part of the allure of fine tuning.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have the Mag Speed with a fixture that mounts to front sling stud.

Finicky to set up, its only a matter of time till I shoot the Mag Speed and I will go LabRadar when I do

Comment

I’m running to magneto v3 and it’s awesome. But I do hate that I can’t run groups with it

Comment

Working...
                              X