No announcement yet.

Feeling bummed maybe hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the expense, limited access, and overall lack of want(by most folks).. we're in a dying sport.

Kudos to taking someone hunting

Comment

Well I leave tomorrow for the lease to fill feeders and clean shooting lanes. It'll be a solo b trip.

I've been excited all week for this weekend. Now I'm just bummed and dreading going.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-25-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I've been excited all week for this weekend. Now I'm just bummed and dreading going.

why?

Comment

The part I'm dreading is trying to cover all the bases.

There's 8 feeders i think. If it's only me hunting I don't need all 8.
          But......

Comment

Well that sucks PB. Don't worry you'll have your friends back next week [emoji846]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The part I'm dreading is trying to cover all the bases.

There's 8 feeders i think. If it's only me hunting I don't need all 8.
              But......

if You don’t need 8 feeders then only fill what you need. Man if you’re bummed by going to the deer lease maybe you need to rethink what makes you happy. I go to my lease all alone plenty of times. Sure I’d rather have some hunting buddies with me, but that doesn’t have to be the case. I will enjoy being out there regardless.

Your happiness shouldn’t depend on other people. It should come from within you.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                if You don’t need 8 feeders then only fill what you need. Man if you’re bummed by going to the deer lease maybe you need to rethink what makes you happy. I go to my lease all alone plenty of times. Sure I’d rather have some hunting buddies with me, but that doesn’t have to be the case. I will enjoy being out there regardless.

Your happiness shouldn’t depend on other people. It should come from within you.
                I agree with everything you posted.
                I really like sharing and helping others.

There's 4 spot's that I really like and think nI'm going to fill those and call it a day

Comment

I did not read all the responses. You need to move on and dont worry about them. You are more than generous and they are lucky to have what you offered. We have land and as a teenager I had many "friends" at deer season and that stayed true through the majority of my life. Pick a few people that are good friends prior to hunting if you want to be generous and take them. Friends A and B would be finding another hobby if they were in my circle of life.

Comment

They obviously have 0 interest in hunting...
                    You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink..
                    Move on..

Comment

Let's call me buddy C, I will gladly work for a place to hunt. I would highly recommend cutting them off, I have learned that people who mooch off of others will always do it. Whether they are so called "friends" or not. I use to have a buddy who was like this. Ihave been friends with him from the age of 8 and now I am about to be 39. I started noticing back in highschool he would never have is wallet conveniently when we would all go out. That continued until our mid 20s. We would go to dinner or a bar and I always got covered him. However it was pretty amazing the first time I stood my ground and said I couldn't cover him he surprisingly found his wallet. Now about 8 years ago he stumbled across a girl we went to school with who inherited a significant amount of money. Needless to say he no longer smooches off of me, he bow has a wife he can do that to.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        ............All that aside, there have been others they have offered the same opportunity. Come work with us and we will give you a spot to hunt. Some people just don't want to commit to the labor or the hunt.......
                        Working to get the lease ready to hunt is half the fun.

Comment

Find buddy C that actually loves it and can pay their portion.

Comment

I agree with everything you posted.
                            I really like sharing and helping others.

There's 4 spot's that I really like and think nI'm going to fill those and call it a day

I hope you have a great weekend. I will be at my lease, alone on my tractor, planting a food plot today.

Comment

You have extended the olive branch and then some. Giving the opportunity is all you can do. If you have them $20 a day in a week they’d want $30. Be their buddy, and know you did your part Eventually they may come around or not.
                              But I’m close to Brady, I’ll pay my way, fill feeders and clear lanes. I’m new to archery hunting, not archery really and have the respect enough to appreciate the opportunity. Plus I’m mature enough to take care of my stuff as well as others.

Comment

You can call me buddy D, I don't really care that much about hunting anymore, I do like sitting in blind and taking pics. I do enjoy everything else that goes on in a deer camp. I do not drink anymore either.....I did more than my fair share when I did drink. So I am like the bestest and most desirable lease partner you could ask for. I pay my share of the bills, do my share of the work and I am the designated driver. On poker night when the beer runs out, I provide an extremely valuable service Just let me know the location and gate combo

Comment

Working...
                                X