• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying For all you guys and gals

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell_County View Post
      What's pushing it north ?
      Laura is rounding the edge of the high pressure ridge, and there is also a trough to our west that is helping to limit the extent of the westerly movement.

Comment

I’m still seeing the same path right on the TX LA line. If so it’s impressive that the NHC nailed it several hours ago. Prayers for all those effected...my family came from Cameron parish before migrating west many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
          I’m on the northern end of Toledo Bend on the Texas side. When it gets here we’re are suppose to get 90 mph sustained winds and 110 gusts. Thankful the lake level is down so shore erosion might not be to bad. Going to be rough here tomorrow. The lake will look like the bay tomorrow. Everyone be safe.
          Yes sir, maybe wearing another chain saw out cutting up downed trees. Thank goodness Rita knocked down most tress around the houses.

I am liking the east northeast winds right now at the coast. Should help a ton on storm surge in the south east Texas areas.

Rwc

Comment

[ATTACH]1016731[/ATTACH]

Comment

Its not much but I sure hope she starts to loose steam in the next few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                I’m still seeing the same path right on the TX LA line. If so it’s impressive that the NHC nailed it several hours ago. Prayers for all those effected...my family came from Cameron parish before migrating west many years ago.
                NHC really nailed this days ago. They held steady for the most part with what had to be a lot of pressure and questioning when the various models were flipping back and forth. When you factor in that Houston/Galveston was possibly under the gun, and then all of the Petro Chemical impact in this area that's some serious pressure to get it right. There will always be tweaks, and movement of the tracks but they seem to nail it a lot.

Comment

I am sending prayers to everyone in the Laura’s path and everyone dealing with the aftermath. My stomach hurts for what y’all are about to take on your chin. I wish we could be there to jump in and help.

I will be on my knees, sending them north for all of you tonight.

“Buckle to the sky, and make sure to tuck your chin”

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    Yes sir, maybe wearing another chain saw out cutting up downed trees. Thank goodness Rita knocked down most tress around the houses.

I am liking the east northeast winds right now at the coast. Should help a ton on storm surge in the south east Texas areas.

Rwc
                    Chainsaws are ready. All I can see around me are pines and oaks. We are surrounded by the Sabine nation forest.

Comment

Danged tornados near Baton Rouge

Aunt Living north of Baton Rouge Just called a tornado is heading towards saint francesville La that is supposed to be in a safe zone
                      Every one please use extra caution This girl is big and getting meaner by the minute

The eye just hit 155mph and 9000 feet tall

Basically every part of Louisiana and Arkansas, west Mississippi are under tornado warning
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-26-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Just heard that the peak storm surge will miss southeast Texas per Greg Bostwick.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Refinery report. Forecast 155 MPH sustained, praying this isn’t correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Looks like they nailed it. 155 mph.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CraigDarder View Post
                            Just heard that the peak storm surge will miss southeast Texas per Greg Bostwick.
                            Patrick Vaughn saying the same..

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                              I am sending prayers to everyone in the Laura’s path and everyone dealing with the aftermath. My stomach hurts for what y’all are about to take on your chin. I wish we could be there to jump in and help.

I will be on my knees, sending them north for all of you tonight.

“Buckle to the sky, and make sure to tuck your chin”
                              This, and also remember the support we received during Harvey from the Cajun Navy and others. It will soon be time to return the favor. If anyone has links to send money or supplies please post them up.

Comment

Its amazing what 24 hours will do, I'm not looking forward to the news reports of that area tomorrow morning. Over the next 12 hours alot of lives are going to change, we have been through it, and I dont wish it on any of you

Comment

Working...
                                X