Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone spent much time around Tempe, AZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    I did a few years there. Maricopa county I believe is the most populous county in the country that voted for Trump. Tempe is a bit liberal compared to Scottsdale. I think the PD in Scottsdale drops the bums off in Tempe.

I used to go to Puerto Penasco, MX for the beach. I think it was under 4 hours. San Diego is 6 hours away. You can be skiing in 2 hours and have great hiking and biking everywhere. In the summer when it is brutally hot during the day you can drive 1 hour to the mountains to beat the heat.

Cost of living is similar to Texas but outdoor activities and public land are everywhere. Even when it is 115 in July the nights and mornings are still nice. The monsoon season was my favorite time of year. The lightning storms in the desert are incredible.
    Agree with everything minus the cost of living, buying has gotten expensive (even mesa and gilbert have gotten steep). But renting is about the same. And yes, the PD in scottsdale still takes the bums to tempe. Crime in the county has gone up since sheriff joe lost.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      I lived in Tucson for two years. Drove to Tempe/Phoenix area on a regular basis. I really enjoyed it. Plenty of outdoor activities. I also found the cost of living to be very reasonable. Lots of snowbirds. And, no humidity was a big plus.

Not sure what beach you would miss near Houston? Unless you consider dirty bay in Galveston a nice beach.
      When you grow up in alaska, then a military base in cali, then the rest in landlocked ohio, and dont really have the funds for beach vacations (we went once my 18 years growing up), surfside and crystal beach are welcome lol.

Comment

Hot real Fing hot, so hot could hardly walk around the pool in Scott’sDale, lots of bugs and spiders, everything is dusty and gritty inside and out. No grass sand, dirt and rock for your yard. Very little green grass and water. Water is $$. I would take a couple weeks and go there, not on any 5 star resort vacation. Blend in with people and talk to them. Also change is good , how and what’s family think. If momma isn’t happy there is no happiness

Comment

Anyone spent much time around Tempe, AZ?

I love Arizona and go back every year or so to see friends and family. Not sure I could live in the greater Phoenix area again but up North is awesome!

Spent 4 years chasing tail from 20 to 24 around Scottsdale and Tempe. Ended up meeting my wife there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Black Ice; 05-24-2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
            Hot real Fing hot, so hot could hardly walk around the pool in Scott’sDale, lots of bugs and spiders, everything is dusty and gritty inside and out. No grass sand, dirt and rock for your yard. Very little green grass and water. Water is $$. I would take a couple weeks and go there, not on any 5 star resort vacation. Blend in with people and talk to them. Also change is good , how and what’s family think. If momma isn’t happy there is no happiness
            Good advice
            Go there Jun-Sep and see what it is really like. When you have over 100 days in a row over 100 degrees it gets old.

People say it is a dry heat and for part of the year that is true, but I've seen 122 degrees of dry heat and it is miserable. July and Aug are monsoon months it is usually a little cooler with most days still being 105 plus and humid. That is the time of the year when you are outside at midnight or starting work at 5am and it is still 95 degrees.

ASU is in Tempe and when I was younger I could drive by and fall in love about a half dozen times per mile. So Tempe and Scottsdale are a good place for trophy hunting.

Arizona has some good quality animals for hunting with plenty of public land, it also has a draw system for tags which are in high demand. If you want to hunt big elk every year, hunt out of state. When I left AZ 14 yrs ago I had 11 bonus points for elk. So hunting is great if you can draw a tag, good luck with that.

Public schools are ok I guess, not as good as Texas because they don't get as much money. I lived in north Scottsdale which is mostly higher income people and most of them sent their kids to private schools.

If coyote tan is your favorite color it might be a place you want be.

I moved there in 1972 and left in 2006 only being gone 4 yrs in the Army. Ive seen a ton of changes there. I've never lived in Houston and never will, to many people for me.

Some thing will probably be more expensive in AZ.
            State income tax
            Housing was not sure it is now
            Electric
            Motor vehicle reg
            fuel

Comment

Working...
            X