Bad Customer Experience with Mac Haik Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Customer Experience with Mac Haik Toyota

Another day another bad experience with a dealership. Let me start with a little background and then ask for thoughts from the GS.

I set out to find a decent smaller truck for when he starts up with college classes in the spring. He worked pretty hard to save up some money and we sold another older vehicle we had to help buy one. He has been waiting 4 years to get one to call his own and we took our time finding one that we felt would be good.

I found one online at Mac Haik Toyota that was low miles and looked to be in good shape. The dealership is in Houston area and I live in San Antonio. So I talked to the Salesperson about the vehicle and asked if there were any issues before I made the trip to come look at it and probably buy it. He said there were no issues and it was a pretty nice truck. He then mentioned that the dealership offers free shipping to your door like Carvana. I was a little apprehensive at first but being that it's the second vehicle I've purchased from a Mac Haik dealership, I gave it some consideration.

We do all the paperwork and the vehicle is delivered. At first glance everything looked fine. After having it a few days we notice a couple of things.

1. The AC smells every now and then. I had another vehicle that smelled like that and it was a leak in the coil. I'm hoping that is not the case but we will see.

2. The bigger issue...it had a dent in the door frame. Normally I wouldn't be concerned but the door frame is pushed underneath the weather stripping an leaks.

I spoke the the salesperson (Larry McBride) and he was going to find out if the dent was already there. I found the cached images online and it was tough to see from the angles they took but you can see that it was. I talked to the salesperson again and he said he would talk to the manager.

A few days go by and no response. I follow up and he says still checking. A week goes by and no response. No replies to my calls or texts. I call the dealership asking to speak to a manager and ask to speak to GM. No call back. That was a few days ago.

I thought it was a long shot getting the leak fixed but didn't expect to be ghosted like that. That rubs me the wrong way.

Having a car shipped is my first and last experience for me. I definitely recommend not working with Larry McBride as he will just leave you hanging.

Thoughts? Next Steps?

Make a visit in person. If you need to cause a scene, do so.
    That’s terrible. Everyone has a boss. Go up the chain until they make it right.

Comment

^^^ what he said. You never did say in your post, but is this a new or used truck?

I would be hot if I were you...

Comment

Down load tapeacall app, call back about another truck, ask for sales person, once you get the sales person let him know who you are and ask about the response. Get him to admit he told you there was no damage.

Then you can use the recording to escalate. It is legal to record a call in Tx if one of the people in the conversation is aware. YOu are the person aware.

Comment

I didnt notice how many miles were on the vehicle or if they offered any warranty but I'd have thought you had the option to look it over before taking possession of it, but there should've been a grace period on your satisfaction kinda like driving a vehicle home for a day or three to decide if you wanted to keep the deal or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            ^^^ what he said. You never did say in your post, but is this a new or used truck?

I would be hot if I were you...
            The truck is 2016 Chevy Colorado. I'm pretty upset mainly because my son is a little bummed about it. He loves everything about the truck "but" the two issues mentioned. I feel bad because he put in quite a bit of work and was patient while we tried finding one.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
              I didnt notice how many miles were on the vehicle or if they offered any warranty but I'd have thought you had the option to look it over before taking possession of it, but there should've been a grace period on your satisfaction kinda like driving a vehicle home for a day or three to decide if you wanted to keep the deal or not.
              The vehicle has 40k miles. I tried finding something like that on their website but didn't find anything. I'm sure they strung me along long enough for that period to expire.

Comment

I am not going to lecture you on buying a used vehicle sight unseen since you know this now.

If it were me, I would drive the vehicle to the dealership, along with someone in another vehicle to drive me back home, and pay a visit to the General Manager demanding a resolution.

Comment

blast them on social media

Comment

Sorry I put this in both of you...you should have gone. What do you expect them to do? Did you tell them what you want to do? Are you unwinding the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by TxLonghorn View Post
                      Sorry I put this in both of you...you should have gone. What do you expect them to do? Did you tell them what you want to do? Are you unwinding the deal?

Im not following. What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by locknload View Post
                        blast them on social media

That was a thought. Although TBH is a huge community already.

Comment

I had my truck delivered as well (first time) I was clear with the salesman that if anything was not as advertised his driver would be hauling it back. Looked it over real good before the driver left and all good. I’d go in person with the truck.

Comment

If it were me, I would drive the vehicle to the dealership, along with someone in another vehicle to drive me back home, and pay a visit to the General Manager demanding a resolution.
                            Yup, see if Burnadell will go with you and talk to them.

Before it's all over the GM, sales manager and salesman will all be curled up in fetal positions sucking their thumbs and you drive home in a new truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              Yup, see if Burnadell will go with you and talk to them.

Before it's all over the GM, sales manager and salesman will all be curled up in fetal positions sucking their thumbs and you drive home in a new truck.
                              I like the idea of going to the dealership. I'm trying to free up my schedule to make a trip over. Probably early next week.

Anyone know about disclosure laws in Texas? Someone mentioned that they should have disclosed it if they knew about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X