archery legal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

archery legal question

I saw this come up a while ago but I can't remember what the consensus was here. I did my due diligence to try and find the thread but i can only dedicate so much time to searching on a workday and i need an answer soonish.

I want to target deer and turkey with the crossbow this weekend but i have hogs galore coming in pretty regularly. Can I carry a firearm with me for hog? Additionally, can I bring my brother, who does not have a bow nor crossbow, with me and he carries a rifle or shotgun and only targets hogs if they happen to come by?

thanks in advance.

Yes you can.

Comment

Totally legal KAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Think I would ask the local GW!! He might have a, NO answer.

Comment

I'm not a GW, but I'll tell you my .02.....

It's not illegal to watch a deer while holding a gun in archery season, it's just illegal to harvest one with it.

Any reasonable GW should understand if you explain how you did above....

Comment

Y'all are legal assuming you have your license and archery endorsement. Nothing illegal about hunting hogs while also archery hunting for deer.

Comment

Just make sure your brother is the one holding the guns all the time.
              If GW shows up tell them you told your brother not to bring them but he did anyway & see what happens.

Will make for a good family story for years if something goes wrong.

Comment

yes you can. just dont shoot a deer with the gun..

Comment

It should be no different than if you are carrying a gun in the woods when deer season is closed. You just can't shoot a deer with it, nor can you "hunt" deer with it.

Comment

Good question MrDHall.

Seems to be a go.

Comment

Working...
                    X