Academy Feeders Good/Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Feeders Good/Bad?

It’s a toss up between this and the ASF from Buc-ee’s. I think the ASF is 100$ more ( and I’m sure is the better choice) but figured I would ask the Greenscreen if anybody has had good or bad reviews with the Game winner feeders

Attached Files

We have 16 of them on our lease for the last three years haven’t had any problems with them at all .

Comment

If the lid blows off, or it falls over, you are toast. Helped clean rotten corn out of 2 different Game Winner Feeders, and it isn't pretty.

Comment

Any issues with motor or timers? I haven’t seen these first hand but have used the asf timers in the past and liked them

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          If the lid blows off, or it falls over, you are toast. Helped clean rotten corn out of 2 different Game Winner Feeders, and it isn't pretty.
          Thats ANY FEEDER I just got one and set it up at the lease. Seems pretty solid lid stays on on the trailer doing 85-90 mph the stakes it comes with are pretty solid up less you hit a big rock when putting them in with a 10lb sledge

Comment

They don't funnel corn real well due to the non-sloping bin. I would also recommend a bunch of silicone. I've had to re-seal mine twice. The motor/solar panel has worked well.

Comment

I have 3 of the 600# bucees feeders , they are 12 V and have been out for 3 years with no issues. They are $299 each.

Comment

I the Academy cube feeder is very light weight material I would think the ASF is a lot better built.

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION KING View Post
                  I the Academy cube feeder is very light weight material I would think the ASF is a lot better built.
                  Agreed, its cheaply made.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                    I have 3 of the 600# bucees feeders , they are 12 V and have been out for 3 years with no issues. They are $299 each.
                    Which ones are these?? Are these the stand and fill type..? 299 is temping

Comment

Going on my third season with $399 buccees ASF stand n fill w timer and solar panel no issues so far. There is a multipage thread on here check it out for reviews

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                        Going on my third season with $399 buccees ASF stand n fill w timer and solar panel no issues so far. There is a multipage thread on here check it out for reviews

That’s actually what started this, I need to replace 2 feeders and I stumbled across the ASF thread. I think that’s the way to go personally.. but then again wanted to see if the academy ones were worth it or not just out of curiosity

Comment

I have tested both of these feeders for 3 years on different leases. No issues with either one. Basically built the same. Timers, motors work flawlessly. As for the comment about the the lid on the Gamewinner blowing off, well it has a hasp latch that can be clipped closed so no way to blow off.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post

They are $399 at every Bucees I’ve ever been to

Comment

OP you’re comparing a 325# feeder to a 600# feeder. Yes the ASF EZfeeder is $100 more because it’s worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X