2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Oh yeah its greens. Mustard, purple tops, rutabaga , collards, and tendergreens
    Oh my. I can smell the mustards simmering with a ham hock now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=TX Outlaw;15274829]Wife got this 10 pt in liberty county on Saturday morning.

Congratulations to your wife!

Comment

Very nice.

Congrats again to you sir.

J

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
          Wife got this 10 pt in liberty county on Saturday morning.
          Congrats to your wife. Nice looking buck.

J

Comment

My dad got our target buck this morning. It is by far the biggest buck he’s ever killed and we are thinking he has to be close to 140-150”. He had 2 encounters with this buck 2 weeks ago but each time he was a little too far, so my dad didn’t feel comfortable with the shot. He’s hunted really hard since then and it’s been extremely slow. He had been hunting the stand he saw him 2 weeks ago and for some reason last night I texted him and told him he should go to another stand. It’s a stand where we’ve killed some good bucks and is usually a great pinch point where bucks tend to chase doe. About 7:00 this morning a doe popped out in the oat patch and big boy was not far behind. Dad let the 7mm-08 eat and he fell in his tracks. I just wish I had been there to celebrate in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
              My dad got our target buck this morning. It is by far the biggest buck he’s ever killed and we are thinking he has to be close to 140-150”. He had 2 encounters with this buck 2 weeks ago but each time he was a little too far, so my dad didn’t feel comfortable with the shot. He’s hunted really hard since then and it’s been extremely slow. He had been hunting the stand he saw him 2 weeks ago and for some reason last night I texted him and told him he should go to another stand. It’s a stand where we’ve killed some good bucks and is usually a great pinch point where bucks tend to chase doe. About 7:00 this morning a doe popped out in the oat patch and big boy was not far behind. Dad let the 7mm-08 eat and he fell in his tracks. I just wish I had been there to celebrate in person.

Comment

Congratulations to your dad!

Comment

Very cool.

Looks sort of like it has some blacktail genes in that rack. Hahaha

J

Comment

That's an awesome buck!

Comment

Man that's a cool deer. Congrats to him!

Comment

Congrats to her
                        Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                        Congrats to your wife. Nice looking buck.

J
                        Thanks

Comment

Nice buck cool looking horns
                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Two sets of eyes and ears are better than one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter got her first East TX buck last night in Wood County, goofy looking dude, but she was stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post

Nice buck cool looking horns
                                [/QUOTE]

Dang nice deer

Comment

Working...
                                X