No announcement yet.

All of my DIY projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had Lowe's quote our countertops and chose Alluring by Allen Roth. They sent out a technician with the installer that measured and told me about needing to have countertop supports on the bar. So i built these supports and used my router to cutout the 2x4 top plate so that the bars would be perfectly level with the cabinets. That was a chore.

The countertops came in and were installed, as well as the undermount sink.

I then installed a faucet that we ordered online as well as our reverse osmosis water filtration system. (will post more on that in the next post).

The very next day half of our appliances were delivered (the refrigerator and dishwasher).

The last picture was taken last night and is where we are at now! (and it's proof of a happy wife happy life!)
    Attached Files

Comment

You look handy. I am not. I don’t have those skills. Nice work.

Comment

Looking good. Love the new kitchen scheme!

Comment

Appreciate it. It’s coming along, writing a check sure would be easier but where’s the fun in that!

Comment

nice work! I bet you saved more than $1k on that fence, my parents just got a couple bids to clean up and re-stain their fence and they were all around $2k

I feel lazy now, we just bought a house and the wife wanted a white kitchen and white/cream walls instead of the entire house grey like it was. I got a handful of bids and just let the pros knock it out before we moved in... I did change all the drawer pulls though so I guess that counts!

Comment

Dang you are way more handy than me. Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                nice work! I bet you saved more than $1k on that fence, my parents just got a couple bids to clean up and re-stain their fence and they were all around $2k

I feel lazy now, we just bought a house and the wife wanted a white kitchen and white/cream walls instead of the entire house grey like it was. I got a handful of bids and just let the pros knock it out before we moved in... I did change all the drawer pulls though so I guess that counts!
                Dang, yeah I’m sure you are right. Anything counts! I probably should have gotten a few quotes on the kitchen so I would at least know how much I saved..

Comment

RO Filter install (Reverse Osmosis by Apec Water)

Tired of wasting water bottles and drinking from the fridge so I put in this RO water system.

Overall I am impressed, the install was a breeze and the water is great tasting. Pretty happy with it so far.

Attached Files

Comment

Decided to build a few barstools for the house! Built out of 3/4” square tubing, powder coated flat black and for the seat I went with an 8/4 (2”) slab of hard maple. Really thinking about selling these. Not sure how I would go about doing it but really think I could do it! Had fun making them for sure.
                    Attached Files

Comment

How thick was the tubing you used? Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        How thick was the tubing you used? Looks good!
                        It was 063 wall. Thanks!

Comment

Pretty slick kitchen. I like the barstools, got some ideas now myself.

Comment

Bar stools

Those bar stools look really good. Where did you find the thick maple blocks for the seat at?

Comment

Originally posted by TannaciousZ View Post
                              Those bar stools look really good. Where did you find the thick maple blocks for the seat at?
                              I went to my local wood supplier that sells hardwoods and bought an 8/4 board of S4S hard maple. Cut them to size and glued them up to make them wide enough for the seats.

Comment

Bar stools

I think our local sawmill gets some walnut, hickory and maple from time to time. I'll have to stop in and see what they have on hand for my next project.

Comment

Working...
                                X