How safe is Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
    So flying into Cancun renting a car and driving with my wife and son to Tulum is a bad idea?
    I've never felt unsafe driving down there. I go way past Tulum and actually feel safer the further I get from Cancun. Of course I've only been solo, having my family with me would definitely change my thoughts on that, but id have no problem taking my family to Tulum.
    Last edited by Clay C; 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      I've never felt unsafe driving down there. I go way past Tulum and actually feel safer the further I get from Cancun. Of course I've only been solo, having my family with me would definitely change my thoughts on that, but id have no problem taking my family to Tulum.
      Thanks

Comment

Had dinner in French quarter last night. Female shot in face and killed on 900 block there about midnight last night. Unfortunately fairly common experience there

Comment

Who has some good info on a charter for Cabo. Going on the 6-27 till 7-2

Comment

Sounds like you made the right call. I used to love going down there, but seems like there are better options. Might not be cheaper, but definitely better.

Comment

Yes, there are just as dangerous places here in the states, but I would never take my family to those areas either. Never understood comparing slums to resorts. Mexico has one of the highest murder rates in the world. There were over 33000 murders last year alone that were reported. How many of those drug and rural murders do not even get reported??

If you landed went straight to resort, never left the resort till time to go to the airport that should be fairly safe.

Last edited by BrianL; 05-17-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Salud...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^ Where and what resort are you at?

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                    ^^^^ Where and what resort are you at?
                    That's Sandos finesteros in cabo. Its across from the marina up a hill. Nice joint.

One of the guys from zz top was married there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Salud...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                      Dang Shane. Looks nice.

Comment

Went once. Never going back. Avoided the water, still got sick.
                        Laying on the beach next to the resort the day before we left, some idiot para sailor guide through his 300 lb bundle of equipment over the cliff and landed on a beach chair right next to me. Would have cracked my skull if it had hit me. IDIOT.

Wife and I decided to save 25 bucks, take a bus into downtown Cancun and catch a skiff across to one of the islands. Mistake. Was just as bad as mexican border and eyes all over us. Surprised we made it back. Don't try to save money, stay in the tourist area.

Bus drivers were rude. On occasion wouldn't stop for folks and they go too far up.

We like south padre much more.....Good food and dont have to eat pizza and sprite for breakfast to keep from getting sick.

Comment

Tattoo your name on the inside of your wrist and ankle. Tell a friend when you plan on coming back. You "should" be fine

Comment

Originally posted by El Forajido View Post
                            Tattoo your name on the inside of your wrist and ankle. Tell a friend when you plan on coming back. You "should" be fine

Comment

Do we have a bunch of hippocrits or did y'all all vote for Beto?

Comment

For those that go, do you get personal drivers to and from resort ?

Comment

Working...
                                X