Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #51
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
If it was reversed you no they would shove a justice down our throat. Appoint someone tomorrow..............
Agree, get it done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #52
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysdad View Post
I don’t think Trump knows yet.

How awkward would it be if he cracked a joke about her...man, tomorrows msm would be pure gold.

LOL..schumer is in shock.

Schumer: Ginsburg vacancy should not be filled until 'we have a new president'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-new-president

Last edited by Artos; 09-18-2020 at 07:36 PM.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:36 PM   #53
Clay C
Ten Point

This is an important point in history however. Regardless of who replaces her, this is no point to get complacent. Anything done at this point is simply delaying the inevitable.

Last edited by Clay C; 09-18-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #54
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Like obooboo said elections have consequences,we won ,get over it. Tell the loony left the same thing!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #55
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk128 View Post
The times are different because someone on “the good team” is in the Whitehouse now. I know they will ram through a new justice before the election. Everyone just needs to admit the McConnell is a giant hypocrite and it was never about anything other than stealing a Supreme Court seat in 2016. Any other argument is indefensible.
Has anyone ever tried to argue otherwise? For once the Republicans out dirtied the Dems and it destroyed them.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #56
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
How awkward would it be if he cracked a joke about her...man, tomorrows msm would be pure gold.

LOL..schumer is in shock.

Schumer: Ginsburg vacancy should not be filled until 'we have a new president'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-new-president
Does Schumer think he is in charge? Like some are quoting McConnell's remarks form when the Repubs stiff armed Obama, I would like to see them quote Schumer's remarks during that time. He is equally being just as big a hypocrite.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:48 PM   #57
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
In all honesty. This is the stupidity of the left. Why was she even still on the SC? She could have retired 8/12yrs ago and been replaced by another liberal but for what ever self serving reason she had to hold on till her last breath.
She/they thought they had 2016 in the bag, that is why. God had other plans.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #58
Rcole1310
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brackettville,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
State your definition of “overplay”, please? Either side would rush a nominee through now.

Well, he has until Jan 20. Why push the country even more by rushing it before the election? Also, every republican senator said that Feb was too late in an election year to confirm a judge when Merrick Garland was up. So how is October now all of a sudden not too late? I’m glad we get another conservative judge, I just can’t stand a hypocrite. And this would be the mother of all hypocritical acts. If it turns into a battle, rep senators have no ground to argue other than, “well it’s our guy now so forget what we said last time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rcole1310 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:51 PM   #59
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

There was a Clinton operative that just left her house. She got Epsteind. Really I. A Friday night lol
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #60
PlanoDano
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, ID, CO

Nothing will happen before election day, McConnell is at risk of losing the Senate majority and that might push it over the edge. Now a lame duck Supreme Court is a distinct possibility.
PlanoDano is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #61
JFISHER
Pope & Young

JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #62
Laszlo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Will it be counted as a Covid death? No doubt Trumps fault.

Oh boy.....three weeks of national mourning, Democrat self flagellation, endless stories and anecdotes, TV specials, self righteous opinion pieces disguised as obituaries, Biden confusing her with someone else, constant references to her "courage, wisdom and foresight, passion and conviction" and all that bulls**t ........ This woman was a witch. Bury her and move on. That is all.

My sympathies to her family.
Laszlo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #63
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Name:  EiPS2nmWoAQdQgJ.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  116.0 KB
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #64
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Push. We don't vote for them to (work across party lines). We voted to 100% veto what the left is pushing.

Ideology difference is what we are up against.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:17 PM   #65
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC

Here is another slant- does anyone believe that our November election results won't end up in the Supreme Court? The Dems are going to fight tooth and nail to keep this from happening and Mitch is going to have to count noses before he goes thru this. Some Republicans that are in tight races may be leery about moving forward. You also need to consider that Mitt Romney will not fall into line so we are already one down.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #66
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Let’s not forget this is freedom vs communism in this election. I don’t give a **** about them seeming hypocritical, or precedent or anything else. To hell with “fair”! Let’s take this country back.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #67
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central TX, Elk in NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcole1310 View Post
Well, he has until Jan 20. Why push the country even more by rushing it before the election? Also, every republican senator said that Feb was too late in an election year to confirm a judge when Merrick Garland was up. So how is October now all of a sudden not too late? I’m glad we get another conservative judge, I just can’t stand a hypocrite. And this would be the mother of all hypocritical acts. If it turns into a battle, rep senators have no ground to argue other than, “well it’s our guy now so forget what we said last time”.

Millions of innocent unborn lives are at stake...that's why.

Not hypocritical at all.....America elected the senate....they control the rules....go ahead and cry some more.
unclefish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #68
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

RIP
Amy Barrett come on down!
MassMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #69
Rcole1310
Ten Point

Default Ginsburg is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoDano View Post
Nothing will happen before election day, McConnell is at risk of losing the Senate majority and that might push it over the edge. Now a lame duck Supreme Court is a distinct possibility.

Exactly. The smart play, trump admin slow their roll way down. There is no upside to them even discussing this now. Even if they lose, they still get the lame duck appointment. If they make a fuss over this it puts the senate in even more jeopardy. Although, in my opinion they should stand by what they said about election year appointments in the first place.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:44 PM   #70
SabineHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Lol! I was thinking of typing something very similar. Great minds...
Yeah, my two BFF here.
SabineHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #71
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default Ginsburg is Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwk128 View Post
The republicans played their hand in 2016 after scalia’s death. How can they defend appointing a new justice 6 weeks before an election when they wouldn’t do it 9 months before the 2016 election. I don’t see any way to do it without seeming like huge hypocrites. I know everyone is a politician and they’ll come up with some mealy mouthed excuse, but how could anyone take them at their word. It’ll be an easy way for every republican senator and the President to be attacked by their opponents. It could **** off enough people to swing some elections and give the democrats the senate majority.

I think the best option might be for the republicans to just tell everyone to suck it and that they’re in charge right now so they’re going to do what they want and don’t have to explain *****. I don’t think any of them have the balls to say that though, except probably Trump.

They are politicians, they are all hypocrites.

Trump has way more to lose by not pushing a nomination and senate vote. The liberals will never vote for him under any circumstances but a portion of his base sure will drop him like a potato if he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Mike D; 09-18-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #72
UncleBubba
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dickens, Hunt, and Red River Co.

All though I disagreed with her I still pray for her family. She is now facing the ultimate judge. Let’s hope Trump gets re-elected and gets another SC pick!
UncleBubba is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #73
etbowhunter
Four Point

Between the Democrats and media, hypocrite is the least offensive thing Republicans have been called over the last 4 years. The Dems have ignored the procedures and traditions of Congress since Trump was elected. Now those are suddenly important. Nancy Pelosi and her fan boy, Chuck Schumer have blocked every attempt to do anything concerning the pandemic because they control the House. They set the rules, Repubs need to play by them.
The only question now is, how many Republican senators have the stones to give the media the bird and live with the fall out? And for anyone counting on a lame duck appointment, do you really believe a majority of the Republicans that get re-elected are going to rock the boat and confirm anyone that the incoming VP doesn't approve?

Last edited by etbowhunter; 09-18-2020 at 08:53 PM.
etbowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #74
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Well........shucks
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #75
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Exactly. The smart play, trump admin slow their roll way down. There is no upside to them even discussing this now. Even if they lose, they still get the lame duck appointment. If they make a fuss over this it puts the senate in even more jeopardy. Although, in my opinion they should stand by what they said about election year appointments in the first place.
I'm gonna have to eat crow on this one with this announcement...Read Mitch's statement again about history & mid term.

This is war not ping pong...bring it.

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate'
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #76
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Prayers for her family as she was one tough woman to deal with 3 types of cancer for that long!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:57 PM   #77
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

RIP Ma'am! I didn't agree with your liberal views, but you always stood by them.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #78
Rcole1310
Ten Point

She was a fighter and a brilliant legal mind. Condolences to her family.

Old 09-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #79
unclefish
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoDano View Post
The new Senate is sworn in on Jan 3, 2021. The average number of days from nominee to senate confirmation is 67 days. Kavanaugh took 89 days.

They will have to nominate someone before the election in order to have a chance at confirming with the current senate simply due to timeline.

IMO this will help the GOP's chances in the senate election....not the other way around.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:03 PM   #80
mwk128
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
They are politicians, they are all hypocrites.

Trump has way more to lose by not pushing a nomination and senate vote. The liberals will never vote for him under any circumstances but a portion of his base sure will drop him like a potato if he doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You think people in Trump’s base would abandon him at this late date because he holds off on a Supreme Court nomination? It doesn’t seem like he’s lost one person from his base in the last 4 years, and he’s said some crazy things. I think he could walk over to the Supreme Court tomorrow and machine gun down the remaining 8 of them and he might still win the election, definitely still win Texas. I think about 9/10 of the people in this forum would probably cheer him on.
mwk128 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:06 PM   #81
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

She was a liberal with whom I disagreed on everything, but she was a basic American liberal, not a tear-it-all-down leftist like we see today. There is a big difference between a liberal and a leftist. She believed in the principals of the American founding she just held liberal views on what powers the federal government can and should have and liberal views on the relationship between the citizen and the state. I’m glad she is no longer a member of SCOTUS but I’m not going to dance on her grave.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:07 PM   #82
unclefish
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well, he has until Jan 20. Why push the country even more by rushing it before the election?

Correction....they only have until Jan 3, 2021. The new Senate is sworn in then.
They will have to bring nominate someone before the election or they won't have enough time to get it done.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #83
SabineHunter
Ten Point

There are 107 days until the Senate inaugural. The longest in recent history was Thomas with 99. Don't fret so much.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:17 PM   #84
Huntindad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kerr county & TP&W

I heard that Amy Coney Barrett will get the nod...
Huntindad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:17 PM   #85
SabineHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineHunter View Post
There are 107 days until the Senate inaugural. The longest in recent history was Thomas with 99. Don't fret so much.
Also, when Thomas was selected, the Dems HAD the majority in the Senate, 57 to 43
Old 09-18-2020, 09:21 PM   #86
Stuck
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
I think this is kind of classless. Give your statement about RBG’s passing and leave it at that, the rest of the country can wait 24/48hrs to hear your plans to replace her ASAP.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #87
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think this is kind of classless. Give your statement about RBG’s passing and leave it at that, the rest of the country can wait 24/48hrs to hear your plans to replace her ASAP.

What do think of Schumer addressing the exact same thing in his comments? Classless?

Old 09-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #88
SabineHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Nah, McConnell did great. You and others like McCain and rommney try to play too nice. Dems are nasty
Old 09-18-2020, 09:30 PM   #89
txhunt7
Four Point

Quote:
That’s for when you don’t have the Senate.
Exactly, it aint over till the fat girl sings
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:31 PM   #90
Stuck
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
What do think of Schumer addressing the exact same thing in his comments? Classless?

Yes. (Pretty much everything Schumer does is classless) It can wait 24/48hrs. If the neighbor you hate dies, it’s ok to dance, just don’t do it in the street in front of his family as the ambulance is leaving.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #91
C-dubyah
Six Point

Good riddance

Last edited by C-dubyah; 09-18-2020 at 09:47 PM.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #92
txhunt7
Four Point

the facts. we all die. we will all be judged. I truly don't like seeing anyone visit hell we're all brothers, sister in Christ. I can only pray she repented before her death.
As far as getting control of the Supreme court to kill abortion in the USA, we're one step closer. This may come across harsh but who the hell are we if we cant call evil evil good good.
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #93
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

There are people here who have lost their marbles. There is no way Trump gets a conservative justice nominated and confirmed even by the end of his term. Absolutely no way. The other side will pull all manner of legitimate (by rules) shenanigans to delay it.

It would be hypocrisy at an order of magnitude that would turn off all most but the most right leaning Republicans in this country - and actually hurt Trump more than help him.

President Trump should take the high road for once and not try to cram this through. He should acknowledge the hypocrisy it would represent to try, take the time to honor RBG, and tell voters that he even though he is confident of a 2020 victory, we are going to hold our nomination for SCOTUS until after the election is decided.

Trying to cram this through is not worth the votes it will cost. Just the fact that there is a Supreme Court justice in the balance of this election results will be motivation for every Republican to get out and vote.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 PM   #94
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

When trump re-elected he will get to replace Breyer and Thomas....

I think both are ready to step down.....
MacDaddy67 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:55 PM   #95
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
there are people here who have lost their marbles. There is no way trump gets a conservative justice nominated and confirmed even by the end of his term. Absolutely no way. The other side will pull all manner of legitimate (by rules) shenanigans to delay it.

It would be hypocrisy at an order of magnitude that would turn off all most but the most right leaning republicans in this country - and actually hurt trump more than help him.

President trump should take the high road for once and not try to cram this through. He should acknowledge the hypocrisy it would represent to try, take the time to honor rbg, and tell voters that he even though he is confident of a 2020 victory, we are going to hold our nomination for scotus until after the election is decided.

Trying to cram this through is not worth the votes it will cost. Just the fact that there is a supreme court justice in the balance of this election results will be motivation for every republican to get out and vote.
😂
Old 09-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #96
flywise
Pope & Young

�� ��
Old 09-18-2020, 09:57 PM   #97
MassMan
Ten Point

Obama tried to get her to step down and she refused. Thems the breaks. Bring on a right of right conservative.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #98
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I think it would be a mistake to try to push a nomination through before election. I think this is sewed up, if he can be magnanimous.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 10:02 PM   #99
MassMan
Ten Point

It's not hurry to push a nomination through before the election. It's push to get it done before the inauguration in Jan.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:03 PM   #100
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
😂
That emoji of yours will only be crying when you realize there will be multiple senate Republicans who won't support cramming this in before Trump's first term ends. This is going to backfire on Trump and Republicans if he tries to push it anyway.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top