Tactacam Reveal question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam Reveal question??

I was told to use the 3U SD card. What SD card are y'all using? I set up the camera and it was working fine the first night and then stopped tacking pics. They also told me the camera will take 24 hours to reboot. I also noticed the display that shows the battery, signal, and memory was not working. Says unknown. I guess this will start working after the 24 hour period. However the pics it did take looked good.

I have had mine out a few days and had zero problems. I have no explanation for your issues. Sounds odd though.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
      I was told to use the 3U SD card. What SD card are y'all using? I set up the camera and it was working fine the first night and then stopped tacking pics. They also told me the camera will take 24 hours to reboot. I also noticed the display that shows the battery, signal, and memory was not working. Says unknown. I guess this will start working after the 24 hour period. However the pics it did take looked good.
      Im not sure what 3U means, but I use the Class 10 in all of mine. That is what I was told to use because it is faster.

Comment

Mine said unknown when I first put it out and after it update the first time all that(battery life signal and memory started working. I was also told to use a Class 10 sd card too. Mine was taking pictures every 2 min once the sun got up but I switched the sensitivity and it seemed to fix it. My only complainant is it seems to fall asleep and not take pictures during certain times of the day(first light and last light), then it goes back to working fine.

Comment

[QUOTE=bowaddict40;15089295] I think it might be the faster one. I used a sandisk 32GB the blue one. They recommended the 3U sandisk.

Comment

[quote=Johnson;15089339]
            Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            I think it might be the faster one. I used a sandisk 32GB the blue one. They recommended the 3U sandisk.
            As long as it is class 10 then it should be fine.

Comment

So I put a high speed SD card in and it seems to be working great. The 24 hour reboot went through as well, all the setting are showing on my phone. I also hooked up the 12 volt battery and solar panel and changed the battery setting to lithium not alkaline. I have the camera at my house at the time and will be bringing it to my lease in Mexico soon, will see if it works there. My phone get decent service at the lease so hopefully it will work. I'll report back.
              Last edited by Johnson; 09-10-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Mind took few good pictures, and then all other pictures were just black, nothing.
                Any idea?
                I called and email to tech support, and haven't hear from them for two days.

Comment

Originally posted by chino View Post
                  Mind took few good pictures, and then all other pictures were just black, nothing.
                  Any idea?
                  Email them they normally get back to me that day.

It takes 24 hours after turning the camera on for all of your camera information to update and the camera will refresh/update every 24 hours.

Also I just used a ScanDisk Ultra Class 10 32GB and haven't had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                    So I put a high speed SD card in and it seems to be working great. The 24 hour reboot went through as well, all the setting are showing on my phone. I also hooked up the 12 volt battery and solar panel and changed the battery setting to lithium not alkaline. I have the camera at my house at the time and will be bringing it to my lease in Mexico soon, will see if it works there. My phone get decent service at the lease so hopefully it will work. I'll report back.
                    I asked them about this when I first got mine. They said to put it on Alkaline, but that it really did not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chino View Post
                      Any idea?
                      I called them and talked to a tech. There customer service is good.

Comment

For those running solar with a 12 volt. What delay are y’all running? On my covert I ha e to run 3 minutes for it to not run down battery

Comment

Finally, got hold of the tech support.
                          Problem solved.
                          Just need to re-format the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                            For those running solar with a 12 volt. What delay are y’all running? On my covert I ha e to run 3 minutes for it to not run down battery
                            I have my delay set on 55 sec and it's working too. But I haven't had my camera out but a few days. As of this morning the battery shows 100%.

Comment

What sensitivity are y"all running your cameras on? I'm running it on high and get pics of nothing and small birds sometimes. I was wondering if the pics of nothing might be the feeder heating up during the day. Normally I get the pics of nothing around 1-2 in the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X