Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #251
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
No I donít. What does that have to do with this subject?
Duck! It hit you right between the eyes and you still didn't get it.
See what happens when you toke?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #252
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Duck! It hit you right between the eyes and you still didn't get it.
See what happens when you toke?
I think youíre the one that is high. What kind of juvenile BS is that?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #253
HarryHunter
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
What amazes me is where I read the tax revenue from dope in Co surpasses that of alcohol...crazy.

I can't believe anyone would promote or condone banning booze knowing the horrors prohibition caused this nation...that is just totally irrational thinking.

Whatís crazy too about the tax from Weed here in CO is how they fooled everyone into passing it on the account it would go towards K-12 Education funding which it has not. In fact CO still has one of the worst public school systems in the US. Iíve been a resident of CO for three years now and Iím actually moving back to Texas. Came up here for better hunting opportunities in all actuality itís been worse. This state is full of bums, losers and hippies strung out on recreational weed. The state sold out the prestine hunting and landscape for every resident and non resident hunters, outdoorsman/woman dollar they could get a hold of. The customer service,quality of craftsmanship regardless of the service and the kindness of people here has al dropped since the introduction of recreational weed.

Personally after coming up here my whole life and actually being a resident of CO for the last three years. I can truly say I am 100% against recreational weed. Medicinal all day long but the lack of ďgive a crapĒ that anyone has up here since the legalization is worthless. I have countless friends from LE to general industry that have all said they saw a noticeable decline in quality of CO since the introduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HarryHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 02:35 PM   #254
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
Iíd be right there in that crowd with you. Butttt...

Weíve tried that before and it was an epic failure. Zero reason to give those in the black market trades another item, thatís even more widely used, to sell and profit from.

Cats out of that bag, tough to put it back now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well people were certainly different back then. They didnít take crap off the government like we do now.

Example: Covid 19 lockdowns and mandates.

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #255
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
But when you drink, you alter your state of mind. Even though itís a little, you alter it. Thatís why, specifically in terms of something like Conceal Carry, there isnít a legal limit. Because even one ounce of the stuff can alter your decision making ability. Also, alcohol is a drug. So is caffeine. Theyíre all drugs.

Furthermore, if you havenít ever used the substance, you have no idea how much or little it alters your mind. I think you might be misinformed on how much the substance alters your thinking and reactions, especially compared to alcohol.

Also, to be 100% honest... None of what you talked about as far as others wanting to escape reality is any of your business. Itís not your decision to make. I donít understand why youíd be concerned with what someone elseís preference is. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Actually the statue on LTC was changed to state ďintoxicatedĒ. And intoxicated has a .08 threshold.

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 02:47 PM   #256
HarryHunter
Four Point

Default Legalize marijuana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/ho...l-in-september

This is one thing the democrat house is going to do that I agree with. We need to deal with our drug problem in some other way than we have been doing. Doing more of the same expecting a different result.

I think we should legalize this and tax this just like we do cigarettes. Don't make the taxes too high or people will just keep going the illegal route. This will not solve our drug use problem. We need to find another way to solve that problem.

I would encourage you to live in CO for at least six months and let me know if your approach on this subject is different.I moved up to CO three years ago from TX and itís been awful. You begin to speak to locals(not transplants) but locals and they will all say they have seen a distinct drop in quality of CO since the introduction of recreational weed. The revenue from the taxation of its profit was supposed to go towards K-12 educational funding, which it has not. Still most funding for education for this state is from Oil/Gas royalties(which they are constantly attacking so we shall see how that goes).

I can tell you from living here what ever it has done to curb the arrests for weed it has been overshadowed by so many negative consequences.

Here is one of the major impacts when they legalized it the shops moved in overnight and aggressively. Over night these shops where making absolutely hand over fist money. So much in fact that the banks couldnít keep up with insuring that much money so what did the dispensaries do? They bought insane amounts of housing, residential property and mansions. Many of which are still to this day vacant. This further sky rocketed the housing prices. Compound that with an insane flood of nonresidents overwhelming the state. Which further raised the housing market making it near impossible for regular citizens to be able to afford a mortgage here. So not only are they still making insane profit on the weed itself. They are also driving the housing market up to a point where most canít afford to live here. Rent has sky rocketed, land is near impossible to buy, panhandlers inundate every major city like a plague. Car break ins and vandalism are on a rise. They also bought insane amounts of vacant business lots, buildings, parts of strip malls, etc.. then inflated the price making that much harder for other businesses to afford to move into other areas or afford rent. They have and are making so much money that they have it tied up in so many other ventures that many others just canít afford it here. So whatís left? Itís all the riff raff, all the panhandling hippies that have moved from CA,OR,WA,IL, NY,FL,etc.. all the individuals that donít want jobs, have zero issue living homeless or exploiting the system. As long as they have a little cash for their weed, they are right as rain. All the while your rent, mortgage and cost of life goes sky high but all you have around you is the riff raff scumming your city and neighborhood up. Breaking into cars and vandalizing when ever they wish.

Iím not making any of this up. Iíve lived this crap for the last three years. The going joke is CO is the next CA. Heck itís already here. The hunting sucks, itís over crowded, everyone treats the beautiful mountains and landscape like itís a dang amusement park. Parking at some 14írs, trail heads, many parks are so overwhelmed with vehicles that for example Summit County Search and Rescue has had difficulty even getting land based rescue to the site. There is a whole Facebook page dedicated to calling out people who are not supposed to park in certain parts. On protected tundra and grasslands. Itís pathetic really.

The panhandler and transient issue in the state is absolutely insane. Itís so bad cities have tried to sue each other over loading them up and busing them to other cities. This was cranked to an eleven upon legalization. The quality of peopleís respect for one another, quality of craftsmanship among services, customer service, mailing services, etc.. have all declined in quality since legalization. Also many believe here that the state became aggressively a blue state after the legalization of it. Howís everyone feel on here about a influx of registered Democrat voters moving to Texas? They sure seem to love guns, hunting rights, oil/gas, etc.. am I right?

Iím actually in the process of moving back to Texas. I can confidently say the state of CO has gone to crap since the legalization of weed. Iím totally fine with medicinal. However people here have absolutely abused the recreational aspect of it. The amount of bottom feeding low lifeís here who have zero ambition, zero goals, zero value that just go about day after day aimlessly without direction is seemingly limitless. I assure you take it as a warning from countless locals I know in CO who have lived here before and after the legalization. It will damage the state with irreversible consequences.

Personally this is one of those hot button issues that people NEED to consult the residents of a state where it has been legalized and ask them what they think of it. I assure you more times than not your going to get a very different response. Itís constantly complained about from residents of CO,WA,OR,etc..

I live about a 45 mins from Wyoming and itís night and day difference the type of people and quality of life you see between those two states. As a state trooper buddy once told me who has live his whole life here. ďLegalizing weed has done more harm than what ever good it could have broughtĒ

Last edited by HarryHunter; 09-18-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #257
BlackoutRam2500
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHunter View Post
I would encourage you to live in CO for at least six months and let me know if your approach on this subject is different.I moved up to CO three years ago from TX and itís been awful. You begin to speak to locals(not transplants) but locals and they will all say they have seen a distinct drop in quality of CO since the introduction of recreational weed. The revenue from the taxation of its profit was supposed to go towards K-12 educational funding, which it has not. Still most funding for education for this state is from Oil/Gas royalties(which they are constantly attacking so we shall see how that goes).

I can tell you from living here what ever it has done to curb the arrests for weed it has been overshadowed by so many negative consequences.

Here is one of the major impacts when they legalized it the shops moved in overnight and aggressively. Over night these shops where making absolutely hand over fist money. So much in fact that the banks couldnít keep up with insuring that much money so what did the dispensaries do? They bought insane amounts of housing, residential property and mansions. Many of which are still to this day vacant. This further sky rocketed the housing prices. Compound that with an insane flood of nonresidents overwhelming the state. Which further raised the housing market making it near impossible for regular citizens to be able to afford a mortgage here. So not only are they still making insane profit on the weed itself. They are also driving the housing market up to a point where most canít afford to live here. Rent has sky rocketed, land is near impossible to buy, panhandlers inundate every major city like a plague. Car break ins and vandalism are on a rise. They also bought insane amounts of vacant business lots, buildings, parts of strip malls, etc.. then inflated the price making that much harder for other businesses to afford to move into other areas or afford rent. They have and are making so much money that they have it tied up in so many other ventures that many others just canít afford it here. So whatís left? Itís all the riff raff, all the panhandling hippies that have moved from CA,OR,WA,IL, NY,FL,etc.. all the individuals that donít want jobs, have zero issue living homeless or exploiting the system. As long as they have a little cash for their weed, they are right as rain. All the while your rent, mortgage and cost of life goes sky high but all you have around you is the riff raff scumming your city and neighborhood up. Breaking into cars and vandalizing when ever they wish.

Iím not making any of this up. Iíve lived this crap for the last three years. The going joke is CO is the next CA. Heck itís already here. The hunting sucks, itís over crowded, everyone treats the beautiful mountains and landscape like itís a dang amusement park. Parking at some 14írs, trail heads, many parks are so overwhelmed with vehicles that for example Summit County Search and Rescue has had difficulty even getting land based rescue to the site. There is a whole Facebook page dedicated to calling out people who are not supposed to park in certain parts. On protected tundra and grasslands. Itís pathetic really.

The panhandler and transient issue in the state is absolutely insane. Itís so bad cities have tried to sue each other over loading them up and busing them to other cities. This was cranked to an eleven upon legalization. The quality of peopleís respect for one another, quality of craftsmanship among services, customer service, mailing services, etc.. have all declined in quality since legalization. Also many believe here that the state became aggressively a blue state after the legalization of it. Howís everyone feel on here about a influx of registered Democrat voters moving to Texas? They sure seem to love guns, hunting rights, oil/gas, etc.. am I right?

Iím actually in the process of moving back to Texas. I can confidently say the state of CO has gone to crap since the legalization of weed. Iím totally fine with medicinal. However people here have absolutely abused the recreational aspect of it. The amount of bottom feeding low lifeís here who have zero ambition, zero goals, zero value that just go about day after day aimlessly without direction is seemingly limitless. I assure you take it as a warning from countless locals I know in CO who have lived here before and after the legalization. It will damage the state with irreversible consequences.

Personally this is one of those hot button issues that people NEED to consult the residents of a state where it has been legalized and ask them what they think of it. I assure you more times than not your going to get a very different response. Itís constantly complained about from residents of CO,WA,OR,etc..

I live about a 45 mins from Wyoming and itís night and day difference the type of people and quality of life you see between those two states. As a state trooper buddy once told me who has live his whole life here. ďLegalizing weed has done more harm than what ever good it could have broughtĒ

We moved back to Texas right before they legalized it but continued to work up there until early last year and you are 100% correct.

The only thing that will help Colorado now is legalization everywhere so other states can share in some of the negative effects. My guess is places with better weather and lower costs of living will become absolutely overwhelmed by the worst of the worst.

In a vacuum I take no issue with legalization but with all the other BS that we as a society cannot seem to get a handle on it seems silly to make weed easier to obtain than it already is.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
BlackoutRam2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #258
HarryHunter
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
We moved back to Texas right before they legalized it but continued to work up there until early last year and you are 100% correct.

The only thing that will help Colorado now is legalization everywhere so other states can share in some of the negative effects. My guess is places with better weather and lower costs of living will become absolutely overwhelmed by the worst of the worst.

In a vacuum I take no issue with legalization but with all the other BS that we as a society cannot seem to get a handle on it seems silly to make weed easier to obtain than it already is.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah itís rough up here and your right. I personally have zero issue with it in itself but people fail to not abuse it.

I stand by this statement and make zero apology to anyone for it. Legalized marijuana states are a magnet for the scum of society. Just a bunch of losers and bottom feeders who canít function without it.

Itís not hard to spot these bad apples out either. Anyone who has partaked enough can vouch that it begins to affect you apart from actually being high on it. It robs you of your drive, your focus and ambition. I was a site supervisor before I got laid off up here and I could easily spot who was a pot head. Just lazy, dragging a long workers just doing the bare minimum to get by. The bad thing is you had to be super selective about drug tests. Because if everyone actual tested like they should, we wouldnít have a work force up here in the DJ Basin. Heck I would say 90% of our operators where from other states. You canít rely off of just CO based workforce to supply enough competent clean workers who are willing to stay off the grass.

But yeah I donít have an issue with it in itself but the Mt. Everest size mountain of crap it brings along. NOPE!!! Keep that junk out of Texas.

CO is quickly going to hell in a hand bag anyways. Between the unregulated OTC tag system inundating the hunting units, damaging the health of the elk herds and altering the migration patterns and now we have more anti-hunters than ever using that to fuel their pursuit to limit hunting in this state. To overcrowding at parks, trailheads ruining protected landscapes and tundra. To the increase in crime and protesting. As well as the insane cost of living here.

I moved here to increase my chances of harvest elk on the regular and that has not been the case. Each year the units look more and more like a parking lot, specially during archery season. Harvest numbers are decreasing and Hunter numbers are only increasing. Now with all the other issues. This state has sold itself out for the unregulated revenue from Hunter to the snowboarder and are not accessing the consequences itís creating.

Paired with all the riff raff the legal marijuana brings in. Itís just a sad shell of what CO used to be and offer.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:04 PM   #259
Death from Above
Pope & Young

I think you can close the thread after the last 3 posts.
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #260
4wheels
Ten Point

@ Colorado and legal weed. When weed was illegal and people were getting high all of those issues did not exist? I have a hard time believing that. Making behavior did not make the behavior go away. We still have to deal with that behavior. Every example ya'll pointed out shows the results of the soft bigotry of low expectations. Legalization does not solve these issues and they are even worse with meth, heroin and fentanyl. You can even throw alcohol into the mix of homelessness.

If making drugs illegal, then we should not have any of the problems you stated in ANY city in America. All I am saying is we must stop trying to do more of the same expecting a different result. I doubt anyone has agreed that this drug mess we have in America is working for anyone. But making it illegal is not cleaning it up or getting rid of it.

We can deport illegals, let's deport the homeless. Somehow we need to make the homeless move to different places. Build laws that enable us to deal with this issue. There are too many people buying drugs and living lives to stop the flow of drugs. There is no way cheech and Chong are buying all the weed in America. The weed trade in America is in the billions. That is way more money than the apathetic, homeless losers you're pointing out have.

All the circumstances you stated were used to argue against the legalization of alcohol. Those problems existed before alcohol was legalized and they existed after. Putting the cork in the bottle is the first and necessary step for an alcoholic to deal with their addiction. But the real work begins after they put the cork in the bottle. Same with drugs.

Should we just round these people up and execute them? Ship them off to Afghanistan?

I don't know the answer. I do know that trying to do more of the same expecting a different result is not working. I am tired of our law officers dying to enforce laws that the other half of the nation have no intention of following. The officers deserve better.

When we legalized alcohol - people stopped killing each other to sell alcohol. That is a fact. They also stopped killing each other over territory to sell alcohol. That is a fact.
The social problems of alcohol did not go away. They existed before legalization and still exist to this day. It is still around to destroy lives, jobs and leads to the apathy that you both pointed out.

Legalization does not solve social problems.
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #261
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
@ Colorado and legal weed. When weed was illegal and people were getting high all of those issues did not exist? I have a hard time believing that. Making behavior did not make the behavior go away. We still have to deal with that behavior. Every example ya'll pointed out shows the results of the soft bigotry of low expectations. Legalization does not solve these issues and they are even worse with meth, heroin and fentanyl. You can even throw alcohol into the mix of homelessness.

If making drugs illegal, then we should not have any of the problems you stated in ANY city in America. All I am saying is we must stop trying to do more of the same expecting a different result. I doubt anyone has agreed that this drug mess we have in America is working for anyone. But making it illegal is not cleaning it up or getting rid of it.

We can deport illegals, let's deport the homeless. Somehow we need to make the homeless move to different places. Build laws that enable us to deal with this issue. There are too many people buying drugs and living lives to stop the flow of drugs. There is no way cheech and Chong are buying all the weed in America. The weed trade in America is in the billions. That is way more money than the apathetic, homeless losers you're pointing out have.

All the circumstances you stated were used to argue against the legalization of alcohol. Those problems existed before alcohol was legalized and they existed after. Putting the cork in the bottle is the first and necessary step for an alcoholic to deal with their addiction. But the real work begins after they put the cork in the bottle. Same with drugs.

Should we just round these people up and execute them? Ship them off to Afghanistan?

I don't know the answer. I do know that trying to do more of the same expecting a different result is not working. I am tired of our law officers dying to enforce laws that the other half of the nation have no intention of following. The officers deserve better.

When we legalized alcohol - people stopped killing each other to sell alcohol. That is a fact. They also stopped killing each other over territory to sell alcohol. That is a fact.
The social problems of alcohol did not go away. They existed before legalization and still exist to this day. It is still around to destroy lives, jobs and leads to the apathy that you both pointed out.

Legalization does not solve social problems.
Great Post .
Colorado was also the first, to go full rec.
People flocked there, literally overnight.
Had weed been legal everywhere, Colorado wouldn't have seen the influx it did.
Also weed doesn't make you lazy, today's generation is lazy period, and it's not because of weed.
I know plenty of people, who work as hard as anyone and smoke daily.
I also know plenty of people who don't smoke, and they ain't worth killing.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-21-2020, 06:55 AM   #262
4wheels
Ten Point

OMG - "I know plenty of people that don't smoke, and they ain't worth killing."

That is pretty worthless.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #263
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
OMG - "I know plenty of people that don't smoke, and they ain't worth killing."

That is pretty worthless.
And a bunch of them are politicians, on BOTH sides of the isle!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2020, 05:56 AM   #264
4wheels
Ten Point

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...hedelic-plants

Ann Arber Michigan legalizes magic mushrooms.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #265
gwellstx
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt Co.

Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...hedelic-plants

Ann Arber Michigan legalizes magic mushrooms.

Iím all for cannabis legalization but would be very wary of legal Ďshrooms.

gwellstx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top