Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 09-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #201
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
It's amazing how much different this thread is going compared to the past...

If you're going to let alcohol be legal, let people smoke their pot too. I am of the feeling that in some ways alcohol is worse than weed.

I would be perfectly ok with bringing prohibition back, alcohol does nothing good for society so I say equally ban both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #202
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
I would be perfectly ok with bringing prohibition back, alcohol does nothing good for society so I say equally ban both.

Iíd be right there in that crowd with you. Butttt...

Weíve tried that before and it was an epic failure. Zero reason to give those in the black market trades another item, thatís even more widely used, to sell and profit from.

Cats out of that bag, tough to put it back now.

SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #203
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrbk89 View Post
Itís crazy how many ďsmall government conservativesĒ are so gung-ho about taxing yet another thing when this subject comes up.

How about you stay in your lane and keep your nose out of my business and wallet. Especially when it comes to a practically harmless plant.
Yeah, I don't get that side of it. Kind of like the run of the mill lefty chanting tax the rich. The g-man getting more money isn't going to help the average person.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #204
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Iíd be right there in that crowd with you. Butttt...

Weíve tried that before and it was an epic failure. Zero reason to give those in the black market trades another item, thatís even more widely used, to sell and profit from.

Cats out of that bag, tough to put it back now.

Itís out of the bag I agree and I agree with your general sentiment. Iím just saying two wrongs donít make a right. Every time we legalize something the next thing gets easier to legalize. That old slippery slope!

Old 09-17-2020, 01:59 PM   #205
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's amazing how much different this thread is going compared to the past...

If you're going to let alcohol be legal, let people smoke their pot too. I am of the feeling that in some ways alcohol is worse than weed.

Alcohol has been proven to be very deadly. Alcohol is the only gateway mentioned in this thread. Alcohol leads to degenerate behavior. Alcohol plays a major role in domestic violence.

Cannabis is not even on the same playing field with alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #206
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Alcohol has been proven to be very deadly. Alcohol is the only gateway mentioned in this thread. Alcohol leads to degenerate behavior. Alcohol plays a major role in domestic violence.

Cannabis is not even on the same playing field with alcohol.

Not to mention the level of impairment to decision making and motor skills that alcohol had vs weed.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #207
MadHatter
Ten Point

Quote:
Not to mention the level of impairment to decision making and motor skills that alcohol had vs weed.

Exactly!
People think being stoned out of your mind is like being drunk or something.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Go look who funded all the studies with a negative result .
They've been doing it since 1937.
Statistically more safe than drinking water or driving a car.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #208
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

This is where I stand on the issue

JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #209
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Just curious how any of you guys that are ok with this would be ok with your kids smoking dope if it were legalized. Iím not looking for comparisons to alcohol just whether you would be able to sit down and burn one with your kid?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #210
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Just curious how any of you guys that are ok with this would be ok with your kids smoking dope if it were legalized. I’m not looking for comparisons to alcohol just whether you would be able to sit down and burn one with your kid?

Disclaimer: I am for legalization but don’t partake. Anymore. To answer : Of course not. Children’s minds are still developing. Should be 18+. Just like drinking imo. If you can die for your country , you certainly should be able to have a beer or partake , assuming it’s legal. IMHO.

Also , you can always spot someone with a negative view by the usage of “dope”. Lol. Just a note. Nothing more.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-17-2020 at 04:08 PM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 04:37 PM   #211
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Yessir. Go back and read post 133.

Edit to add: It is also widely known and accepted to be a gateway drug that leads to harder drugs that indeed ruin lives by the thousands...
Quote:
Yep and people will deny the gateway thing all day long

I grew up w/a pretty rough crowd, I'm confident rougher than y'all have spent time with. A lot of these people did hard drugs & would've done hard drugs regardless of what they started with. What y'all don't realize is it's not that pot is a gateway drug, it's that these people would've done hard drugs anyways, they just happen to smoke pot too. Until you realize that (I speak w/experience from being around it for years)you'll continue to use the "gateway" excuse when in fact it's not the truth @ all.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #212
HighwayHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
I grew up w/a pretty rough crowd, I'm confident rougher than y'all have spent time with. A lot of these people did hard drugs & would've done hard drugs regardless of what they started with. What y'all don't realize is it's not that pot is a gateway drug, it's that these people would've done hard drugs anyways, they just happen to smoke pot too. Until you realize that (I speak w/experience from being around it for years)you'll continue to use the "gateway" excuse when in fact it's not the truth @ all.

These people you grew up with, did they use alcohol? Iíd be willing to bet they didnít. Everyone knows alcohol has no relationship with hard drugs.

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 04:51 PM   #213
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD2037 View Post
I know I'm not going to change your mind (or anyone else's probably), but in my son's case it WAS what got him hooked... in the 5th grade of ELEMENTARY school from a neighbor that lived across the street from us... If I knew where he lived now (if he's even still alive), I can honestly say, I'd probably go sit in front of his house and kill him with my bare hands. I've thought many, many times about joining Facebook so I could may be find him, but I know what the outcome would be if I did. Right now, there are too many people that depend on me to do something like that, but it don't stop me from thinking about it or having the innate desire to do it.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #214
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
These people you grew up with, did they use alcohol? Iíd be willing to bet they didnít. Everyone knows alcohol has no relationship with hard drugs.

They all did & that was what they all (or @ least the very large margin) started with.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #215
Pipeliner1
Four Point

Quote:

What about cheeseburgers? They do absolutely nothing good for society and cause more death and destruction than alcohol and weed combined.Then weíve got soft drinks to ban,candy bars and lots of other things that are bad for you.
Pipeliner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #216
Laszlo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

This thread is getting really tiresome. Like most of the stoners I hung around with in college.

But the question still remains.... What does Q say?
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #217
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
This thread is getting really tiresome. Like most of the stoners I hung around with in college.

But the question still remains.... What does Q say?
Q said puff puff pass.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #218
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
What about cheeseburgers? They do absolutely nothing good for society and cause more death and destruction than alcohol and weed combined.Then weíve got soft drinks to ban,candy bars and lots of other things that are bad for you.

But none of those things potentially endanger otherís lives but if you want to use that comparison to justify it then so be it.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #219
Roz
Four Point

Hunt In: Great State of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Be careful guys cause once it's legal then all the other drugs will be eventually. Look at California and their pedo laws.

Roz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 08:26 PM   #220
Roz
Four Point

Hunt In: Great State of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota7493 View Post
I know too many people like this. I donít smoke personally and to each their own. However, if you canít function in a normal life (job, family, responsibilities, etc) than you have no business with weed. If you smoke and can still function in society then good on you. No different then me having a few beers during the week and still getting up for work, paying bills, and raising my kids.

Agree 100%

Roz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-17-2020, 09:42 PM   #221
Pipeliner1
Four Point

Quote:
But none of those things potentially endanger otherís lives but if you want to use that comparison to justify it then so be it.

How would someone smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol potentially endanger others lives? If Iím obeying the law thereís no danger to others.Its against the law to drive impaired,weather itís marijuana,alcohol,prescription drugs or any thing that can impair or distract you.If youíre gonna make laws about potentially endangering others then driving should be outlawed all together,thereís a potential you may harm someone else. Adults should be allowed to responsibly enjoy whatever drug they want to do.If you act irresponsible then thereís laws to punish that behavior.Why should they be illegal,because they put you in a different state of mind? Thereís plenty of other things that do that too that no one complains about.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:25 PM   #222
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Yeah because people make really rational decisions when they are drunk or high right? Like the guy that was drunk and hit my dad, mom and brother head on and killed them all. Iím sure when he started drinking he thought he would never hurt anyone.

Anyway, smoke and drink away and I hope it never effects you or anyone you care about.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:29 PM   #223
Pipeliner1
Four Point

Quote:
Yeah because people make really rational decisions when they are drunk or high right? Like the guy that was drunk and hit my dad, mom and brother head on and killed them all. Iím sure when he started drinking he thought he would never hurt anyone.

Anyway, smoke and drink away and I hope it never effects you or anyone you care about.

Your talking to someone whoís parents were killed by a drunk driver in 2001,never once did I blame alcohol,just the irresponsible man that killed them.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #224
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeliner1 View Post
Your talking to someone whoís parents were killed by a drunk driver in 2001,never once did I blame alcohol,just the irresponsible man that killed them.

Iím not blaming the alcohol but the simple fact is if alcohol would not have been involved the accident wouldnít have happened. Based on your position should I assume we should legalize meth, cocaine, heroine?

Old 09-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #225
Pipeliner1
Four Point

Quote:
Iím not blaming the alcohol but the simple fact is if alcohol would not have been involved the accident wouldnít have happened. Based on your position should I assume we should legalize meth, cocaine, heroine?

This thread is about marijuana.Those other 3 drugs you mentioned are a lot different than marijuana.Ive done them all though and I guarantee it never affected yours or anyone elseís lives.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:40 AM   #226
txhunt7
Four Point

Requesting for a pot poll here -
How many of the pot supporters are voting for biden?
How many for Trump?
just wondering if there's a pattern
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 03:57 AM   #227
JBizkit
Eight Point

This thread adds a whole new meaning to ďgreen screen.Ē Lol.

Scan//(review) Q drop 4-20-2020 @ 4:20 pm
They knew this would happen......

JBizkit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 04:44 AM   #228
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhunt7 View Post
How many for Trump?
On this forum? Definitely more Trump supporters.
Old 09-18-2020, 05:30 AM   #229
HighwayHunter
Ten Point

Quote:
How many for Trump?

Light up for trump

HighwayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 05:43 AM   #230
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

I am one that says tax it. Reason is I don’t think I should pay added taxes for the burden it places. Law enforcement budget will increase. Training. Will have more commercial vehicle problems as truck drivers would obviously then use while driving etc. Fire and EMS also increase calls as same result. Would also have to have agencies to enforce - enforcement of under age, selling to minors, and the list goes on. Then you have other areas where it has associated costs. Tax it enough it covers itself.

Alcohol in my opinion is not taxed enough to cover its expenses
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #231
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just curious how any of you guys that are ok with this would be ok with your kids smoking dope if it were legalized. Iím not looking for comparisons to alcohol just whether you would be able to sit down and burn one with your kid?

Do you legit think they wouldn't set the legal age to use the substance to 21? Are you still going to be making decisions for your child at that age or are you going to allow them to make their own?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #232
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Do you legit think they wouldn't set the legal age to use the substance to 21? Are you still going to be making decisions for your child at that age or are you going to allow them to make their own?

I have no idea what the legal age will be, based on come comments it seems like itís so harmless maybe 16 is safe since it doesnít impair any cognitive or decision making skills. Just because Iím not making decisions for my kids at some age doesnít mean that i wonít advocate against them doing something. Stupid decisions arenít limited to people under the age of 21 or any other arbitrary Number.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 AM   #233
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
How many for Trump?

Prohibitionist have supported Biden and other swamp donkey policies for many decades.

Trumpís only been involved with politics for nearly four years.

ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:24 AM   #234
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
I have no idea what the legal age will be, based on come comments it seems like itís so harmless maybe 16 is safe since it doesnít impair any cognitive or decision making skills. Just because Iím not making decisions for my kids at some age doesnít mean that i wonít advocate against them doing something. Stupid decisions arenít limited to people under the age of 21 or any other arbitrary Number.

Then we will use precedent set by others states. Itíll be 21, same as alcohol.

I really donít think you actually believe 16 would be even considered? Right?

I agree. Stupid decisions are made by people regardless of age or impairment level.

But, to try and use the argument that kids would be allowed to legally use the substance... Thereís no way you genuinely believe that.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #235
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Pot kills healthy brain cells and leaves the weak and inferior cells alone. Nothing like a bunch of paralyzed brains to make the world go round. Dumb and dumber.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:33 AM   #236
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Pot kills healthy brain cells and leaves the weak and inferior cells alone. Nothing like a bunch of paralyzed brains to make the world go round. Dumb and dumber.
I'm sorry, but that is categorically false... Scientist can't even prove that it kills brain cells, much less is able to search out healthy brain cells and leave the inferior ones. This isn't some sort of virus or robot that is programmed to do that...

https://www.healthline.com/health/do...ll-brain-cells
Old 09-18-2020, 08:40 AM   #237
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol! Youíd be shocked at the people who smoke.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #238
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Lol! Youíd be shocked at the people who smoke.
Not really. You ever watch CNN?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:43 AM   #239
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not really. You ever watch CNN?
No I donít. What does that have to do with this subject?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #240
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Then we will use precedent set by others states. Itíll be 21, same as alcohol.

I really donít think you actually believe 16 would be even considered? Right?

I agree. Stupid decisions are made by people regardless of age or impairment level.

But, to try and use the argument that kids would be allowed to legally use the substance... Thereís no way you genuinely believe that.

Iím not trying to say kids would be legally allowed to use it although If itís so harmless then why not? There have been many comments on how harmless it is so just trying to determine when pot goes from being harmful to harmless

Let me just get to my ultimate view on drugs of any kind. Drugs alter your state of mind and we all know this yet people choose to do it for whatever reason. I personally believe for people to consciously desire to alter their state and loose their faculties then their is likely an underlying issue ie. A desire to escape from reality for whatever reason. I have never been able to understand this so this is why I have a certain position on drugs in general. I have never touched drugs because Iíve never had the desire to escape my reality, in my mind my reality is pretty incredible (kids, job, family, etc) and I have no desire to escape any of that. Do I drink yes but I donít drink to get drunk and if alcohol was gone tomorrow Iíd have zero issue with that and actually think society as a whole would be way better off. I just donít get doing something on purpose to alter your mind. I get the medicinal side but not the recreational where a person can just sit around and get high whenever and wherever.

Old 09-18-2020, 08:51 AM   #241
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Iím not trying to say kids would be legally allowed to use it although If itís so harmless then why not? There have been many comments on how harmless it is so just trying to determine when pot goes from being harmful to harmless

Let me just get to my ultimate view on drugs of any kind. Drugs alter your state of mind and we all know this yet people choose to do it for whatever reason. I personally believe for people to consciously desire to alter their state and loose their faculties then their is likely an underlying issue ie. A desire to escape from reality for whatever reason. I have never been able to understand this so this is why I have a certain position on drugs in general. I have never touched drugs because Iíve never had the desire to escape my reality, in my mind my reality is pretty incredible (kids, job, family, etc) and I have no desire to escape any of that. Do I drink yes but I donít drink to get drunk and if alcohol was gone tomorrow Iíd have zero issue with that and actually think society as a whole would be way better off. I just donít get doing something on purpose to alter your mind. I get the medicinal side but not the recreational where a person can just sit around and get high whenever and wherever.

Well there you go!
Old 09-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #242
Froggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Public land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
On this forum? Definitely more Trump supporters.
I saw this TBH'ers Trump gate sign yesterday.

Name:  Trump1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  66.4 KB

Don't know why it posted sideways.

Last edited by Froggy; 09-18-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Froggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #243
SB09
Pope & Young

Default Legalize marijuana

Quote:

But when you drink, you alter your state of mind. Even though itís a little, you alter it. Thatís why, specifically in terms of something like Conceal Carry, there isnít a legal limit. Because even one ounce of the stuff can alter your decision making ability. Also, alcohol is a drug. So is caffeine. Theyíre all drugs.

Furthermore, if you havenít ever used the substance, you have no idea how much or little it alters your mind. I think you might be misinformed on how much the substance alters your thinking and reactions, especially compared to alcohol.

Also, to be 100% honest... None of what you talked about as far as others wanting to escape reality is any of your business. Itís not your decision to make. I donít understand why youíd be concerned with what someone elseís preference is. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Last edited by SB09; 09-18-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #244
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Attachment 1019731
Old 09-18-2020, 09:02 AM   #245
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Attachment 1019731

That is NICEEEEE!

Old 09-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #246
Calitexembalmer
Six Point

If they legalize, all the stoners wont have anything to talk about.
Calitexembalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #247
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
This is bull crap. It's either bad all the way around and should be illegal or it's not bad and should be legal. To say somethings ok so lets make it legal but then create stiff penalties is dumb.

I agree with the rest of the post BTW.
This is the way it is with alcohol and tobacco. It is illegal to produce and sell moonshine..... unless it is licensed and taxed.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #248
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
Light up for trump

Pro pot and vote for Trump! Hows that for your trend and im guessing you will see alot of the same on this forum.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #249
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
I am one that says tax it. Reason is I donít think I should pay added taxes for the burden it places. Law enforcement budget will increase. Training. Will have more commercial vehicle problems as truck drivers would obviously then use while driving etc. Fire and EMS also increase calls as same result. Would also have to have agencies to enforce - enforcement of under age, selling to minors, and the list goes on. Then you have other areas where it has associated costs. Tax it enough it covers itself.

Alcohol in my opinion is not taxed enough to cover its expenses

I donít see how those would be added expenses, those situations already exist. I am for taxing it though, if made legal.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-18-2020, 11:34 AM   #250
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

What amazes me is where I read the tax revenue from dope in Co surpasses that of alcohol...crazy.

I can't believe anyone would promote or condone banning booze knowing the horrors prohibition caused this nation...that is just totally irrational thinking.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top