Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #101
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Interesting article on BB...


As the Legal Cannabis Market Grows, the Illegal Market Shrinks

Chivis Martinez Borderland Beat From Green Entrepreneur

A Congressional report quantifies what we all suspected was happening: Drug cartels are taking a hit as the legal cannabis market expands



Legal marijuana entrepreneurs are finally starting to win the battle against a long-time enemy—the illicit market. For years, black market operators have undercut cannabis prices and taken away part of the cannabis market share.

But a new study has found that the coronavirus epidemic has accelerated the long hoped for reduction in the illegal market. The legal market has especially taken away business from Mexican drug cartels, according to a report from the Congressional ResearchService.

That means the legal cannabis industry is not just supplying U.S. consumers a safer, regulated weed market. It’s also keeping people away from the black market and products from Mexican drug trafficking organizations “that pose the greatest crime threat to the United States,” according to the report.

Positive impact

The findings of the report might seem somewhat ironic to those in the cannabis business. After all, cannabis remains illegal at the federal level, where it’s listed as a Schedule I drug on par with cocaine and heroin. But this federal report shows how much legal cannabis has helped curtail the purchase of illegal weed from south of the border.

The report states that authorities on both sides of the 2,000-mile-long border project a “continued decline” in U.S. demand for Mexican marijuana. They write that this is partially “due to legalized cannabis or medical cannabis in several U.S. states and Canada, reducing its value as part of Mexican trafficking organizations’ portfolio.

The report also credits Mexican authorities who seized 91 metric tons of cannabis and “eradicated” 2,250 hectares of marijuana in the first six months of 2019 alone.

According to the report, much of the Mexican drug trade centers in the state of Sinaloa, known for beautiful cities and beaches on the Gulf of California and many secluded mountainous areas difficult to access. The report notes that lower demand in the U.S., coupled with more law enforcement and the prospect of legalization in Mexico, has put the cartel in a tough spot.


“The Sinaloa Cartel appears to have been under a certain amount of pressure thus far in 2020. Some analysts warn that Sinaloa remains powerful given its dominance internationally and its infiltration of the upper reaches of the Mexican government,” the report noted. “Other analysts maintain that Sinaloa is in decline, citing its breakup into factions and violence from inter- and intra-organizational tensions.”
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #102
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
I don’t understand some of the point counter point arguments here. We have professional law enforcement officers here tellin folks straight up about the devastation they have witnessed on the highway and found marijuana to be the only thing in their system.
We already have folks driving drunk, eating mushrooms and driving in Colorado, driving distracted while texting, talking, eating, watching t v, and yes, even reading while they are driving. Why in the world would you wanna add something else to the causation list?
Unfortunately what it takes sometimes is for the chickens to come home to roost for the very advocates of this kind of thing. It’s different when it’s your loved one splattered on the road, disfigures, or paralyzed for the rest of their life. We’ve tried to legislate morality with prohibition. What makes some of the sharpest minds on here think that legalizing what clearly has the ability to cloud peoples thinking is a good idea? Go figure.
You mean like all the professionals who have been telling us about Covid, and the 10s of millions who will die?
Or the professionals who told us weed makes white girls attracted to black guys, and on and on?
I'm questioning everything buddy, especially when I have years of first hand experience, and have never witnessed these things.
It real easy for people to tie marijuana into anything, when they are trying.
How about the fact weed was the most prescribed drug by midwives back in the day, etc..etc..
Now they find it in your system and they take the baby .
The propaganda machine did exactly what they wanted it to do obviously.
Yes I've seen people all kinds of high, from heroine,crack,meth, alcohol, etc..
Being high from weed is apples to oranges to everything else.
Being high from Alcohol trumps them all imo.
Alcohol kills more than all the other drugs combined, but guess where you find it?
On street corners, in almost every town across America, legally .
I guess you're fine with beer being sold at the grocery story, but I can't smoke a joint because it's the devil, or whatever you think..
Weed also doesn't burn your brain up over time lol.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #103
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK14 View Post
I believe the war on drugs is a joke. Especially When you have law enforcement being paid to turn a blind eye.
Or they resell the drugs
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #104
SRK14
Six Point
 
SRK14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Atlanta tx
Hunt In: Cass, miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
You mean like all the professionals who have been telling us about Covid, and the 10s of millions who will die?
Or the professionals who told us weed makes white girls attracted to black guys, and on and on?
I'm questioning everything buddy, especially when I have years of first hand experience, and have never witnessed these things.
It real easy for people to tie marijuana into anything, when they are trying.
How about the fact weed was the most prescribed drug by midwives back in the day, etc..etc..
Now they find it in your system and they take the baby .
The propaganda machine did exactly what they wanted it to do obviously.
Yes I've seen people all kinds of high, from heroine,crack,meth, alcohol, etc..
Being high from weed is apples to oranges to everything else.
Being high from Alcohol trumps them all imo.
Alcohol kills more than all the other drugs combined, but guess where you find it?
On street corners, in almost every town across America, legally .
I guess you're fine with beer being sold at the grocery story, but I can't smoke a joint because it's the devil, or whatever you think..
Weed also doesn't burn your brain up over time lol.

I agree with everything stated. As long as it is creating tax revenue it is good to go. It’s a double standard plain and simple. They need to spend more time busting people for the hard drugs such as meth and heroin. They could sell marijuana right next to the snuff and cigarettes and it wouldn’t bother me a bit. I’m an adult and can chose wether or not I want to use it or not. But too many adults nowadays need to be spoon fed and put in a padded room so they won’t hurt themselves. It’s a joke. And I agree, i don’t put any faith into the CDC or any other government entity to tell me what’s safe or not. We live in a society where grown men are offended by cigarette smoke
SRK14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #105
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

The “War on Drugs”
Is a political saying. We have units that focus on drugs. But we have motors, license and weight, Lakes, Parks, Robbery, Financial Crimes, and the list goes on. The dope guys focus on that but it is tied to many things - gangs- trafficking girls - printing bills and the list goes on. Our Dope Unit deals with criminals. And most of them you want in jail even if it’s on dope charges. Now sure there are a lot of guys out there involved that smoke weed etc. They usually stay out of the system because they don’t have their hand in everything else that co-exists in a lot of the narcotics culture
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #106
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Interesting article on BB...


As the Legal Cannabis Market Grows, the Illegal Market Shrinks

Chivis Martinez Borderland Beat From Green Entrepreneur

A Congressional report quantifies what we all suspected was happening: Drug cartels are taking a hit as the legal cannabis market expands



Legal marijuana entrepreneurs are finally starting to win the battle against a long-time enemy—the illicit market. For years, black market operators have undercut cannabis prices and taken away part of the cannabis market share.

But a new study has found that the coronavirus epidemic has accelerated the long hoped for reduction in the illegal market. The legal market has especially taken away business from Mexican drug cartels, according to a report from the Congressional ResearchService.

That means the legal cannabis industry is not just supplying U.S. consumers a safer, regulated weed market. It’s also keeping people away from the black market and products from Mexican drug trafficking organizations “that pose the greatest crime threat to the United States,” according to the report.

Positive impact

The findings of the report might seem somewhat ironic to those in the cannabis business. After all, cannabis remains illegal at the federal level, where it’s listed as a Schedule I drug on par with cocaine and heroin. But this federal report shows how much legal cannabis has helped curtail the purchase of illegal weed from south of the border.

The report states that authorities on both sides of the 2,000-mile-long border project a “continued decline” in U.S. demand for Mexican marijuana. They write that this is partially “due to legalized cannabis or medical cannabis in several U.S. states and Canada, reducing its value as part of Mexican trafficking organizations’ portfolio.

The report also credits Mexican authorities who seized 91 metric tons of cannabis and “eradicated” 2,250 hectares of marijuana in the first six months of 2019 alone.

According to the report, much of the Mexican drug trade centers in the state of Sinaloa, known for beautiful cities and beaches on the Gulf of California and many secluded mountainous areas difficult to access. The report notes that lower demand in the U.S., coupled with more law enforcement and the prospect of legalization in Mexico, has put the cartel in a tough spot.


“The Sinaloa Cartel appears to have been under a certain amount of pressure thus far in 2020. Some analysts warn that Sinaloa remains powerful given its dominance internationally and its infiltration of the upper reaches of the Mexican government,” the report noted. “Other analysts maintain that Sinaloa is in decline, citing its breakup into factions and violence from inter- and intra-organizational tensions.”

A cruel “War on Drugs” created the Cartels.
A legalized plant for recreational and medical purposes helps destroy them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #107
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Ladrones- weed ain’t the money maker any more. Fentenyl , heroin, meth are the cash cow. They still sell weed but too big and harder to smuggle. Sure they still do it but gears have shifted
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #108
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Artos. Is that article recent? You think it is currently correct or see the big shift into other easily transported bigger payout hauls.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #109
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

Glen, it popped up on borderland today but look where the article was pulled from & could very well be biased. I didn't go search green entrepreneur to confirm the congressional report link but it mentions 2019.

You really don't see or hear of MJ busts much on BB or local news stories like you have by a lot so I personally say it has merit in regards to getting into the narco MJ market. What it doesn't talk about is the illegal growing fields in Cali & Co, along with how this medical grade dope is leaving the states where legal, so in essence the regulated weed is now also the black market supplier for states like Tx if that even matters...in the end MJ SOTB is certainly declining.

It also makes sense to me the narcos would abandon weed with the huge rise in meth use, other drugs like coke & pills being much more profitable pound for pound. Taking over the MJ market will do nothing to decrease the problems we see with the narcos...human trafficking & harder synthetic drugs is where they were moving anyway so Still fubar.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #110
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

I don’t think there’s any way to argue that there are no negative consequences to legalization. Some trying to cash in on the bonanza deny it, but the honest legalization advocates admit there are some negatives, but believe they are outweighed by positive impacts. That may be so. I am most worried about kids. It is indisputable that heavy use when your brain is still developing does lasting damage. (As does alcohol) It only makes sense that when it becomes more available, more kids will use. A recent study in JAMA (journal of the American Medical Association) found youth pot use went up an average of 25% in states where it is legal. However it is statistically a small percentage. Two questions - what percentage of cannabis is used for legitimate medicinal purposes as opposed to those who just enjoy being high? I am mostly libertarian on this issue but the other question is this - is having another legal intoxicant a net positive or net negative for society?
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 05:34 PM   #111
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I don’t think there’s any way to argue that there are no negative consequences to legalization. Some trying to cash in on the bonanza deny it, but the honest legalization advocates admit there are some negatives, but believe they are outweighed by positive impacts. That may be so. I am most worried about kids. It is indisputable that heavy use when your brain is still developing does lasting damage. (As does alcohol) It only makes sense that when it becomes more available, more kids will use. A recent study in JAMA (journal of the American Medical Association) found youth pot use went up an average of 25% in states where it is legal. However it is statistically a small percentage. Two questions - what percentage of cannabis is used for legitimate medicinal purposes as opposed to those who just enjoy being high? I am mostly libertarian on this issue but the other question is this - is having another legal intoxicant a net positive or net negative for society?
A net negative.
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #112
Artos
Pope & Young
 
Artos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Deep South TX
Hunt In: Deep South TX
Default

It's a sensitive subject Jerp but I don't see how staying the course is helping...I'm just tired of it having negative effects on LE be it the no knock warrants like Breonna (yes they are still calling it no knock) & enormous funds spent on anti task units with no effect on distribution / demand / supply. I see no reason to risk / take lives over a commodity that is said to be the largest grown consumer product in the world. What new law could be put into place to curb underage drinking / pot consumption as the age limit would still be in place?? How will making it legal in Tx increase consumption when it's everywhere already...those not wanting to be seen won't go in dispensaries anyway?? How do crowding our prisons improve society when nothing on the outside changes with one's MJ incarceration?? It's mind boggling & not sure if it's the right thing to do but I sure know what isn't currently working.

I don't think we are getting the whole story...all this adverse crap over drugs.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/photos-de...na-taylor-shot

Here's a canine that got stabbed for the 2nd time raiding an illegal grow field in a state where I think it's legal.


https://www.foxnews.com/us/a-califor...ing-in-4-years

To me getting the stigma, LE & even the narcos out of it isn't going to hurt anymore than anything we've been trying keeping it illegal??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #113
DaveC
Pope & Young
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crosby,Tx
Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County
Default

On a recent trip to Colorado I got to eyeball a receipt for a small purchase of gummies and chocolates.

Taxed is an understatement.
It reminded me of looking at a landline phone bill, it seemed everyone had their hand in that jar. Going off memory- state, county, city, and few other such-n-such, this and that's thrown in.

Interesting reads on this thread, I didn't realize the increased homelessness was associated with the legalization of pot in Co.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #114
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
On a recent trip to Colorado I got to eyeball a receipt for a small purchase of gummies and chocolates.

Taxed is an understatement.
It reminded me of looking at a landline phone bill, it seemed everyone had their hand in that jar. Going off memory- state, county, city, and few other such-n-such, this and that's thrown in.

Interesting reads on this thread, I didn't realize the increased homelessness was associated with the legalization of pot in Co.

Here you go. 1 oz of bud to make olive oil.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #115
tpack
Ten Point
 
tpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Erath
Default

It seems that over time it has become unpopular to be against marijuana, so people cave into pressure from the media and others about how it is some wonder drug or how it is not any worse than alcohol but I am still voting against it. You can try to justify it for whatever reason you want but it is still a gateway drug in my opinion and it is still "Illegal" in my world.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #116
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpack View Post
It seems that over time it has become unpopular to be against marijuana, so people cave into pressure from the media and others about how it is some wonder drug or how it is not any worse than alcohol but I am still voting against it. You can try to justify it for whatever reason you want but it is still a gateway drug in my opinion and it is still "Illegal" in my world.

Agree, and the younger a kid gets hooked on it, the more damage it does to a developing mind. This crap is just one more nail in the coffin of America (and the world for that matter). Were it not for the research and study I've done, I'd be pretty well bummed out, but I've read The Book and the last chapter... In the end we win! This weed is a fantastic tool of Satan, but he's already defeated! Come Lord Jesus.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #117
4wheels
Ten Point
 
4wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
My cousin retired from Colorado Springs p d after 38 years. Said when they legalized weed their d u i,s quadrupled. If I’m not mistaken they legalized mushrooms as well. They place is covered up with homelessness. Many came to work and smoke weed and got popped, lost their jobs, panhandle, and live and crap in the creek bottoms. At highway 50 and 25 there were routinely 20-30 at one intersection. I vote no.

But didn't these things exist before legal weed in CO? People have been getting high and driving and it is illegal. That stuff is not going solved by making weed illegal. Homelessness, addition and such need to be solved another way. There is no reason why we need to keep letting people live under bridges, tent cities and such in all of our cities.
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #118
4wheels
Ten Point
 
4wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogmauler View Post
I don’t understand some of the point counter point arguments here. We have professional law enforcement officers here tellin folks straight up about the devastation they have witnessed on the highway and found marijuana to be the only thing in their system.
We already have folks driving drunk, eating mushrooms and driving in Colorado, driving distracted while texting, talking, eating, watching t v, and yes, even reading while they are driving. Why in the world would you wanna add something else to the causation list?
Unfortunately what it takes sometimes is for the chickens to come home to roost for the very advocates of this kind of thing. It’s different when it’s your loved one splattered on the road, disfigures, or paralyzed for the rest of their life. We’ve tried to legislate morality with prohibition. What makes some of the sharpest minds on here think that legalizing what clearly has the ability to cloud peoples thinking is a good idea? Go figure.
Your 100% right about the destruction drugs cause. The point is making it illegal is not working. If it were working, we should not have a drug problem should we? I am very concerned that homelessness, addiction gets worse with legalization. But those things are getting worse now and drugs are illegal.

When it comes to our nations drug problem, we have got to stop trying more of the same expecting a different result. We are looking at a nation that is not wanting to 'adult'. They get addicted, locked up and now need the state to 'parent' them. We have about 2.3 million people in prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarc..._United_States


Meth, herion, cocaine, alcohol are all addictive and addicts find a way to get their favorite drug. Legal or not. What do we do? Lock up every person that gets high, and leave them in prison for 30 years?

We have to try something else. The things we have tried have not worked.
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #119
tpack
Ten Point
 
tpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
But didn't these things exist before legal weed in CO? People have been getting high and driving and it is illegal. That stuff is not going solved by making weed illegal. Homelessness, addition and such need to be solved another way. There is no reason why we need to keep letting people live under bridges, tent cities and such in all of our cities.

I agree with you... What is your address ?
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #120
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Weed is not the homeless drug around here. K-2 is their choice or heroin, crack. K-2 is cheap but problem is it’s just chemicals and nobody controls. If it is made illegal they just change one component.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #121
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Agree, and the younger a kid gets hooked on it, the more damage it does to a developing mind. This crap is just one more nail in the coffin of America (and the world for that matter). Were it not for the research and study I've done, I'd be pretty well bummed out, but I've read The Book and the last chapter... In the end we win! This weed is a fantastic tool of Satan, but he's already defeated! Come Lord Jesus.
Slick, me and you will never agree on this, but I gotta a question.
Before 1937, and one of the biggest propaganda pushes in our governments history, what kept the world from going crazy?
Why weren't we all burned out zombies walking around?
Weed was legal, grown all over the US, prescribed for all kinds of things, etc..etc..
It was used for multiple things and integral to society.
Nobody saw it as the devil's drug, or any of this other bs.
All that was created by our government, the same time they decided to tax it, outlaw it, and introduce Rayon & Polyester.
Mexico, it's been around forever, and kids smoke it from a early age.
How come all them illegal dopers coming over here, who been smoking weed since age 7, are reading the blueprints to build your house, surveying the land to build your new Wal-Mart, handling your construction crew's for you, etc...etc...
Shouldn't they all be burned up in the brain by now?
Shouldn't weed have destroyed the brains of all Mexicans by now since its been legal there since forever?
Meanwhile our fat, snowflake kids, sit on their azz, playing video games, never being made to mind, work, deal with consequences, etc...and then they get ahold of some weed at age 15 and we blame everything they do on weed .
Our biggest problem is culture, and the developing brain.
Weed isn't nor ever will ruin a kid, as bad as today's society is.
Also love the Satan reference, yet the first page, first chapter of the good book, says,
"And the earth brought forth grass, and HERB yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good"
So did Satan corrupt this somewhere between then and now?
You reckon God thinks he screwed up?
Especially considering it's one of the most useful plants on earth?
Or that it played a huge part in founding this country, you know the one y'all call God's Country.
It's been used and accepted for centuries, all over the globe, by 1000s of cultures, but now, due to a law passed in 1937, the effluent of the USA have deemed it EVIL.
Riddle me that?
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #122
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Hat you really have no clue. Mexico isn't great likebus because of the bad choices like that.
That's why too many new home owners thought they were getting this and really got that because the illegal didn't understand the plans or couldn't properly read them.
I make up for those types of things all the time in what I do.
It's very easy to see you stand to profit from this and have a personal investment because of use wants but you also represent the type of individual most of the responsible public would rather avoid.
I don't want a stoner builder, doctor, lawyer or heavy equipment operator.
The easiest way to eliminate illegal drug use is to eliminate illegal drug users. Stop the demand and the supply will dry up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #123
Hogmauler
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Yes they did four wheels but according to my cousin the d u I,s in Colorado Springs quadrupled when they legalized it. So the law apparently did have some sort of effect on curbing d u i,s in the Springs. And most folks do have valid points here. Alcohol does appear to kill more folks each year than marijuana intoxication.
It’s a different story for Joe average that comes home and smokes blows a dobie, eats $35.00 worth of Frosted Flakes, and falls asleep in his recliner; unfortunately, for most young folks that just getting the night started off right. They’ll got out and get “turnt up” afterwards and then it’s anything goes. It sounds like the popular consensus here is that folks are gonna do it anyway. Heck if that be the case let’s remove speed limit signs. People are gonna speed anyway right?
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #124
C-dubyah
Six Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

I like to make brownies but only for pain. I dont enjoy the high. Legalize it.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #125
neilmc70
Eight Point
 
neilmc70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Jack,Parker,Tarrant,Young
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Hat you really have no clue. Mexico isn't great likebus because of the bad choices like that.
That's why too many new home owners thought they were getting this and really got that because the illegal didn't understand the plans or couldn't properly read them.
I make up for those types of things all the time in what I do.
It's very easy to see you stand to profit from this and have a personal investment because of use wants but you also represent the type of individual most of the responsible public would rather avoid.
I don't want a stoner builder, doctor, lawyer or heavy equipment operator.
The easiest way to eliminate illegal drug use is to eliminate illegal drug users. Stop the demand and the supply will dry up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Simple just eliminate the users then lol
People of all proffessions use marijuana probably your attorney, builder,doctor
neilmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #126
SRK14
Six Point
 
SRK14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Atlanta tx
Hunt In: Cass, miller
Default

Why not ban little Debbie cakes? I mean, I can’t get a halfway decent parking spot at wallmart due to all of the obese people parking at the front. We have bigger problems in America than someone smoking a joint on their back porch. And as far as addiction goes, you can get addicted to anything with prolonged use. When my feet hit the floor in the morning I’m looking for Copenhagen snuff and a Dr Pepper. But it’s all in my mind. Some days I just say no to myself to prove that I have willpower. Many of you who preach about addiction may have somthing that is routine that you go day to day with. Coffee every morning? Etc. I’ve known many people who smoke instead of drink alcohol and treat it as such. Most people I have known who smoke marijuana aren’t obese and many are upstanding people...I personally don’t think that smoking anything is good for you, but if someone wants to grow a plant on their own property and smoke it, more power to them. There is no doubting the medical uses for it. I say legalize it, and be sure to tax it so big brother can get his cut of the money. People are gonna do it and that includes kids,maybe yours or mine. But they will do it wether it’s legal or not. Drug dealers don’t check ids like the beer store does
SRK14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #127
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc70 View Post
Simple just eliminate the users then lol
People of all proffessions use marijuana probably your attorney, builder,doctor
He really has no clue .
I'm sure the Mexican reading the blueprints messed up because he was high lmao .
Good old redneck John messed up because that happens sometimes, or because more than likely, he's tugging on a bottle hidden in the truck every 30 min .
I see that more than I see stoners sneaking off to blow one.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #128
C-dubyah
Six Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Default

We need to legalize meth. I could get so much more done in the week if I only had more meth.
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #129
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc70 View Post
Simple just eliminate the users then lol
People of all proffessions use marijuana probably your attorney, builder,doctor

Don’t worry about it. Most of the posters like this are truly the best advocates for the legalization of Cannabis based on they’re ability to use prohibition as a means to spread ignorance about the plant.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 05:48 PM   #130
SRK14
Six Point
 
SRK14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Atlanta tx
Hunt In: Cass, miller
Default

Why not ban opiate medicines like hydrocodone? I mean they are derived from opium and we know pill addicts overdose everyday and die.
SRK14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #131
Roy Munson
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
No. I got my medical card here in NM. I have a personal production license that allows a patient to grow several plants with a certain number in bloom at any given time.

I’m also allowed to gift up to 2 ounces per day to other patients. I’m fixing to take on a grow for an ill veteran that needs lots of medication with service related issues. His PPL and residence. I get to do a little labor that I enjoy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the state have the right to inspect your premises to ensure compliance?
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #132
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

Colorado is now a dump... mostly due to the legalization of it and the riff raff that followed.

I would vote no.
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:07 PM   #133
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Hat, you are right. We will never agree on this. I agree with a lot of what you posted regarding how things used to be. And I agree we have a culture issue more than anything. That's another tool of Satan, and yes all plants and animals that God created have a good purpose, but many are abused and because of our free will that God also gave us, we mess things up pretty bad sometimes and we play right into Satan's hands. Every one he can grab or make fall is a reward for him. I respect your opinions on most of your posts. we've had some good conversations over the years. However my view is (and it is likely a minority view) that if you have a fire already raging out of control, why would you give it more fuel?? We as you say have a cultural problem in this nation and in fact the world. Only God can fix that, and He can only fix it short of the Second Coming if people turn from their wicked ways and seek His face and Pray. Until that happens or until He comes again and sets up His Kingdom on a new earth, our cultural problem will be with us and grow worse. This weed as you refer to it is but fuel for that fire. Sure, it has good uses, and products made from it without the THC in it are widely used for a variety of things very successfully. I personally will fight with all my being to keep it out of kid's hands because I buried my only son because of it. Weed flat killed my son. He blew his own brains out with a shotgun I gave him when he was 9 years old. When he was in the FIFTH grade in ELEMENTARY school a high school kid gave him a joint and he smoked it. That's what got the spiral downward started. I have an addictive nature as did my dad before me, and my son inherited that genetic trait from me. I will have to live with that the rest of my life. A few of his other "friends" that got started in that little group are still around, useless as tits on a boar hog and parasites of society. Others are OK today. No matter their station in life, they could have been better without the weed. It did NOTHING positive for them. At least one other kid from that group is also dead... He OD'd... not long after my son died. So you see, I have a very different perspective from you and apparently the majority on here, but I see it as pure evil in today's society. Society back before 1937, heck before the late 60's, Viet Nam, and the hippie craze it was different. Today with the instant information world we live in, and the ability to get anything you want whenever you want it, we don't need to make it easy to destroy kid's lives. You can say it doesn't harm kids, but it has been medically proven without a doubt that THC indeed destroys brain cells from the very first use and it is not reversible.


I just do not think it should be a part of normal everyday life in today's culture.


Sorry for the long post, but I wanted you to understand my perspective and wanted to answer your question as completely and honestly as I could.
Thanks.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #134
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
I believe you 100% but that doesn't mean anything does it?

How many wrecks have you worked with 0 intoxicants?

Just because you had a wreck and had weed in your system doesn't mean weed was the cause of the accident.

We probably have more sober wrecks in DFW each morning than impaired wrecks across the state....

People are so quick to fault weed immediately though, without any evidence.

As mentioned earlier, people treat it like covid.

How did Mary die?

From smoking that weed.

Yeah, well what happened?

Train derailed and hit her.

I'm so sorry man, but you know weed is bad stuff


You aren’t seriously saying that weed won’t (can’t?) be a contribute an accident?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:14 PM   #135
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Does the state have the right to inspect your premises to ensure compliance?

I would welcome anyone that can find a judge that would grant them a warrant to come in for sure.
I don’t know why they would want to as there are over 17,000 plants worth of Personal Production Licensees here in the state and that number is growing by the day now that baby boomers are flocking to cannabis to treat inflammation.
Cannabis is considered Essential in most states nowadays.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #136
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

I'm on the side of decriminalization but I don't believe for one second that it doesn't have significant negative affects on long term users.
I'm saying they'll use regardless and prison beds shouldn't be taken up for that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #137
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Hat, you are right. We will never agree on this. I agree with a lot of what you posted regarding how things used to be. And I agree we have a culture issue more than anything. That's another tool of Satan, and yes all plants and animals that God created have a good purpose, but many are abused and because of our free will that God also gave us, we mess things up pretty bad sometimes and we play right into Satan's hands. Every one he can grab or make fall is a reward for him. I respect your opinions on most of your posts. we've had some good conversations over the years. However my view is (and it is likely a minority view) that if you have a fire already raging out of control, why would you give it more fuel?? We as you say have a cultural problem in this nation and in fact the world. Only God can fix that, and He can only fix it short of the Second Coming if people turn from their wicked ways and seek His face and Pray. Until that happens or until He comes again and sets up His Kingdom on a new earth, our cultural problem will be with us and grow worse. This weed as you refer to it is but fuel for that fire. Sure, it has good uses, and products made from it without the THC in it are widely used for a variety of things very successfully. I personally will fight with all my being to keep it out of kid's hands because I buried my only son because of it. Weed flat killed my son. He blew his own brains out with a shotgun I gave him when he was 9 years old. When he was in the FIFTH grade in ELEMENTARY school a high school kid gave him a joint and he smoked it. That's what got the spiral downward started. I have an addictive nature as did my dad before me, and my son inherited that genetic trait from me. I will have to live with that the rest of my life. A few of his other "friends" that got started in that little group are still around, useless as tits on a boar hog and parasites of society. Others are OK today. No matter their station in life, they could have been better without the weed. It did NOTHING positive for them. At least one other kid from that group is also dead... He OD'd... not long after my son died. So you see, I have a very different perspective from you and apparently the majority on here, but I see it as pure evil in today's society. Society back before 1937, heck before the late 60's, Viet Nam, and the hippie craze it was different. Today with the instant information world we live in, and the ability to get anything you want whenever you want it, we don't need to make it easy to destroy kid's lives. You can say it doesn't harm kids, but it has been medically proven without a doubt that THC indeed destroys brain cells from the very first use and it is not reversible.


I just do not think it should be a part of normal everyday life in today's culture.


Sorry for the long post, but I wanted you to understand my perspective and wanted to answer your question as completely and honestly as I could.
Thanks.
My condolences on that devastating loss.
My eldest sister started out with "weed". Ended up smoking it with her teenage and eight year old daughters. Then it was on to harder drugs. She is 69 and never recovered. Her and two of her three daughters have served time for theft, drug possession and selling drugs. Only the youngest got out of the cycle.
My youngest sister is a burner living in a state where certain amounts have been decriminalized and still uses in her 50s. She has a job sometimes but even her kids avoided her knowing her lifestyle choices.
One sister was a life-long alcoholic as was one brother. Both died young due to not having money to get medical help for health issues because they threw their lives away on alcohol.
Both gateway drugs. Both can have devastating effects.
But if alcohol is legal, why isn't Marijuana?

It's a fool's tale to tell people everyone is doing it to try justify a wrong behavior. But I'd figure a stoner to use that thought process..
However, like most wrong behavior, those who choose to will regardless. It's just not worth the return on investment to arrest and prosecute for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #138
Roy Munson
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
I would welcome anyone that can find a judge that would grant them a warrant to come in for sure.
I don’t know why they would want to as there are over 17,000 plants worth of Personal Production Licensees here in the state and that number is growing by the day now that baby boomers are flocking to cannabis to treat inflammation.
Cannabis is considered Essential in most states nowadays.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't suggesting that. I was just wondering how they would know the number of plants you had and whether or not they were in bloom.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #139
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
Hat you really have no clue. Mexico isn't great likebus because of the bad choices like that.
That's why too many new home owners thought they were getting this and really got that because the illegal didn't understand the plans or couldn't properly read them.
I make up for those types of things all the time in what I do.
It's very easy to see you stand to profit from this and have a personal investment because of use wants but you also represent the type of individual most of the responsible public would rather avoid.
I don't want a stoner builder, doctor, lawyer or heavy equipment operator.
The easiest way to eliminate illegal drug use is to eliminate illegal drug users. Stop the demand and the supply will dry up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk


This is true. I can tell you for a fact that many/most can’t read blueprints. I had very detailed drawings done on my house and they couldn’t get them right because they couldn’t read the details on the prints. I had the Jefe’ tell me he’s never seen a set of prints and that he didn’t understand them after ripping out the framing he just put in wrong for the 2nd time.

Same in commercial construction. The workmanship I see is flat out **** poor in a lot of instances and sadly in my own trade. Those of us that came up the rough the trade say all the time, we no longer have craftsmen, we now have installers that put the jobs together like legos because we have to prefab so much of it to make it easy enough to install.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:02 PM   #140
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
He really has no clue .

I'm sure the Mexican reading the blueprints messed up because he was high lmao .

Good old redneck John messed up because that happens sometimes, or because more than likely, he's tugging on a bottle hidden in the truck every 30 min .

I see that more than I see stoners sneaking off to blow one.


He’s tugging on the bottle because it’s legal. If MJ was legal don’t fool yourself into thinking the same won’t happen then.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #141
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I wasn't suggesting that. I was just wondering how they would know the number of plants you had and whether or not they were in bloom.

No worries. Each PPL is allowed 16 total plants with four of those 16 in flower.

I currently have three in flower right now that will be cut down this week. I’m interested in see what kind of first return this stimulus budget tent gets. I will have to dry them first.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #142
Roy Munson
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
No worries. Each PPL is allowed 16 total plants with four of those 16 in flower.

I currently have three in flower right now that will be cut down this week. I’m interested in see what kind of first return this stimulus budget tent gets. I will have to dry them first.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Am I correct that you can't sell what you grow?
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #143
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Am I correct that you can't sell what you grow?

Lawful to give away to any medical license holder.
Unlawful to take compensation for cannabis.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:31 PM   #144
Roy Munson
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Hat, you are right. We will never agree on this. I agree with a lot of what you posted regarding how things used to be. And I agree we have a culture issue more than anything. That's another tool of Satan, and yes all plants and animals that God created have a good purpose, but many are abused and because of our free will that God also gave us, we mess things up pretty bad sometimes and we play right into Satan's hands. Every one he can grab or make fall is a reward for him. I respect your opinions on most of your posts. we've had some good conversations over the years. However my view is (and it is likely a minority view) that if you have a fire already raging out of control, why would you give it more fuel?? We as you say have a cultural problem in this nation and in fact the world. Only God can fix that, and He can only fix it short of the Second Coming if people turn from their wicked ways and seek His face and Pray. Until that happens or until He comes again and sets up His Kingdom on a new earth, our cultural problem will be with us and grow worse. This weed as you refer to it is but fuel for that fire. Sure, it has good uses, and products made from it without the THC in it are widely used for a variety of things very successfully. I personally will fight with all my being to keep it out of kid's hands because I buried my only son because of it. Weed flat killed my son. He blew his own brains out with a shotgun I gave him when he was 9 years old. When he was in the FIFTH grade in ELEMENTARY school a high school kid gave him a joint and he smoked it. That's what got the spiral downward started. I have an addictive nature as did my dad before me, and my son inherited that genetic trait from me. I will have to live with that the rest of my life. A few of his other "friends" that got started in that little group are still around, useless as tits on a boar hog and parasites of society. Others are OK today. No matter their station in life, they could have been better without the weed. It did NOTHING positive for them. At least one other kid from that group is also dead... He OD'd... not long after my son died. So you see, I have a very different perspective from you and apparently the majority on here, but I see it as pure evil in today's society. Society back before 1937, heck before the late 60's, Viet Nam, and the hippie craze it was different. Today with the instant information world we live in, and the ability to get anything you want whenever you want it, we don't need to make it easy to destroy kid's lives. You can say it doesn't harm kids, but it has been medically proven without a doubt that THC indeed destroys brain cells from the very first use and it is not reversible.


I just do not think it should be a part of normal everyday life in today's culture.


Sorry for the long post, but I wanted you to understand my perspective and wanted to answer your question as completely and honestly as I could.
Thanks.
That is tragic and there is no need to apologize for the length or content of your post.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #145
tpack
Ten Point
 
tpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmc70 View Post
Simple just eliminate the users then lol
People of all proffessions use marijuana probably your attorney, builder,doctor
And your point is ?
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #146
stevieray54
Ten Point
 
stevieray54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: League City,Tx Galveston Co
Hunt In: Alvin/Danbury Brazoria Co.
Default

Legalize Marijuana tax it, all money collected should be used on drug awareness programs. Stiff penalties for illegal drugs, if caught.
stevieray54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 03:43 AM   #147
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Lots of issues with culture and society in today's world. Not sure where Marijuana ranks in the grand scheme of things or if legalizing it will either solve some issues or creat additional ones.

IMHO the biggest issues all start with personal responsibility and the lack of it being taught to kids. Too many want the government to solve their issues. Kids grow up with little to no disciple and we wonder why they abuse different substances.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 07:14 AM   #148
Laszlo
Eight Point
 
Laszlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray54 View Post
Legalize Marijuana tax it, all money collected should be used on drug awareness programs. Stiff penalties for illegal drugs, if caught.
This. Every dollar. Specifically towards awareness, treatment and prevention programs. Stigmatize marijuana use.

Make it law. 100% of the fund must be used for awareness, prevention and treatment. No steering of the tax revenue toward the black hole of political pet projects. No "borrowing" from it either. Don't allow it to become a lottery fund fiasco. No tax revenue shell games. Hard core disclosure of every dollar spent and every program funded. Poison pill the fund so that if it does get compromised then marijuana automatically reverts back to its illegal status with harsh penalties for its use and sale, and even harsher penalties for the politicians that allowed the misuse of the tax funds. This will help insure the special interests keep the fund free of any misuse. Accountability.

Of course the above is not likely to happen. Not in this political climate.
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #149
Laszlo
Eight Point
 
Laszlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
Lawful to give away to any medical license holder.
Unlawful to take compensation for cannabis.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wink Wink.....
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #150
MadHatter
Ten Point
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
That is tragic and there is no need to apologize for the length or content of your post.
I agree .
I got no beef with Slick at all, quite the opposite .
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com