Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
texan16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Freestone/Schleicher Counties
Default "In the Zone"

Been shooting my bow quite a bit in the evenings here lately, one cause their ain't much else to do and two cause I just like to practice. Any rate, the last 3 days the 3" dot looked about 30" at 50 yds and I was filling it up. Today it looked about 3 centimeters and I had a hard time staying consistent. Started me thinking back to when I was playing ball and I would get "in the zone" and the baseball looked like a beachball floating up there and other days it looked like a bb going 100 mph. Any rate, don't get discouraged if you're a little inconsistent from time to time, and go to making a lot of changes to your set up. Just keep shooting and you will be good.
texan16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2020, 10:08 PM   #2
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan16 View Post
Been shooting my bow quite a bit in the evenings here lately, one cause their ain't much else to do and two cause I just like to practice. Any rate, the last 3 days the 3" dot looked about 30" at 50 yds and I was filling it up. Today it looked about 3 centimeters and I had a hard time staying consistent. Started me thinking back to when I was playing ball and I would get "in the zone" and the baseball looked like a beachball floating up there and other days it looked like a bb going 100 mph. Any rate, don't get discouraged if you're a little inconsistent from time to time, and go to making a lot of changes to your set up. Just keep shooting and you will be good.
Heck yeah I know what you mean. I've been in my zone after making a minor tweak to my Vertix.....then i got out my Hoyt CS and drilled a few good shots with no sights with the Hoyt. Man I love that bow. I shoot at 25yds, 30 and 45 yds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top