Three Old Men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Old Men

This week on CARNIVORE, Larry Weishuhn, Mark McDonald and I will be visiting about the recently released book, EYES FRONT. I must admit that the kind words from Larry and Mark were quit humbling.
    I hope that you will tune in if you get a chance.
    Thanks and Adios,
    Gary

Gary, I don't know Mark, but I have had some great sit down breakfasts over the years with Larry at the old TownHouse in Uvalde. It's been many years since I've seen him. I'd be on my way to the Moody ranch south of Del Rio (where Murry Burnham used to hunt with the foreman there), and I'd stop in for breakfast or dinner. If Larry was there, he was always gracious and ready to talk hunting and deer...

I'll do my best to watch. Last weeks show with the new predator call was a very good one!! Love the Carnivore series! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Thank you, my Friend! Larry is one of the truly nice Gentlemen and a legend in Texas hunting. We began hunting together back in the 90's and have remain close all these years. We were fortunate to have some of the same sponsors, Ruger, Trijicon and Hornady which allowed us to hunt together and work together at the NRA Convention, Shot Show and a few others. While Larry is slowing down a little, turning the TV show over to Blake, he is still writing and doing a podcast, DSC's Untamed Heritage.
      Mark was the outdoor writer for several Texas newspapers, publisher of the TEXAS HUNTING JOURNAL and now publishing books and magazines. I have known Mark since he was writing for the San Antonio Express News and then wrote for him in the THJ which was a very slick publication.
      By the way, Larry has moved from Uvalde back to Brenham, close to where he was raised. Don't look for him in Uvalde...
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        Thank you, my Friend! Larry is one of the truly nice Gentlemen and a legend in Texas hunting. We began hunting together back in the 90's and have remain close all these years. We were fortunate to have some of the same sponsors, Ruger, Trijicon and Hornady which allowed us to hunt together and work together at the NRA Convention, Shot Show and a few others. While Larry is slowing down a little, turning the TV show over to Blake, he is still writing and doing a podcast, DSC's Untamed Heritage.
        Mark was the outdoor writer for several Texas newspapers, publisher of the TEXAS HUNTING JOURNAL and now publishing books and magazines. I have known Mark since he was writing for the San Antonio Express News and then wrote for him in the THJ which was a very slick publication.
        By the way, Larry has moved from Uvalde back to Brenham, close to where he was raised. Don't look for him in Uvalde...
        Adios,
        Gary
        Didn't know he moved. I do know he has a helluva whopper Leopard sitting on the counter at Double Nickle Taxidermy in New Braunfels. Thing is a GIANT.

Did his daughter move as well? I notice her store is no longer in downtown Uvalde.

Comment

Gary, you ever work with Larry Strand and Lee Taylor and that group that had the American Sportsman Club back in the '70's and '80's? I used to run around with those guys... haven't seen/heard from them in a long time. Never knew what happen to Larry after the ASC folded... It was a cool concept, but doomed from the start with his model...

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
            Didn't know he moved. I do know he has a helluva whopper Leopard sitting on the counter at Double Nickle Taxidermy in New Braunfels. Thing is a GIANT.

Did his daughter move as well? I notice her store is no longer in downtown Uvalde.
            Beth moved the store to Round Top.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Gary, you ever work with Larry Strand and Lee Taylor and that group that had the American Sportsman Club back in the '70's and '80's? I used to run around with those guys... haven't seen/heard from them in a long time. Never knew what happen to Larry after the ASC folded... It was a cool concept, but doomed from the start with his model...
              I knew Lee from the TTHA shows but I didn't know Larry. I have not seen Lee in many years. I am guessing the last time I saw Lee was at San Antonio TTHA show when he stopped by for a visit. He was not working with TTHA at the time.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                I knew Lee from the TTHA shows but I didn't know Larry. I have not seen Lee in many years. I am guessing the last time I saw Lee was at San Antonio TTHA show when he stopped by for a visit. He was not working with TTHA at the time.
                Adios,
                Gary
                Thx. I had a brain fhart on the name.... It was Allan Strand not Larry!!
                Gettin' old ain't for sissies!

The old Moody ranch foreman Charlie Helms used to talk about "hangin' tails" with Murray Burnam, and he could spin a yarn or two!! I miss those days.
                Anyway, love your show!

Comment

Aging ain't easy. I am sure that I met Allan Strand but I can't put a face with the name or visa versa...
                  Murry really enjoyed hunting on the Moody and was about the time he purchased the Dr. Brinkley house in Del Rio.
                  Thanks so much for watching CARNIVORE!
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X