Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #151
44mAG
Ten Point

Not getting it this year. Will wait and see what happens next year and what the recommendations are going forward.
To this point I have never even been tested.
What’s going to **** me off is when places start requiring a vaccination to travel, enter, etc. Hell I wouldn’t put it past my company doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
44mAG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #152
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

I guess its just what angle/view you are sitting at .. Kinda like buying a new vehicle. and you the see it all over the road in the same color...you see what you want to see.....you hear what you want to hear.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 09:30 AM   #153
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
Nobody should let Dems or Republicans affect how they feel. WE ARE STILL FREE. ALL OF US.

Get the shot or don't. Personal choice.

Another thing...

It's a shot. Like any other. Small pox has a lifetime vaccine. We all took it.

How often have conspiracy ideas and rumors proven to be true? I don't know of one.
Small Pox is the only virus "basically" eliminated by man. It was discontinued in the US as a routine vaccine in 1972, I've never had it. Pretty wild to think that Vaccine originated in 1796.

BCG is no longer administered in the US on a routine suggested schedule either. I'm sure the older folks have had it as well. Not I.

I'm all for people doing as they please. Regardless of what the shot is for. If you want it, get it.

I wonder how many folks follow the every 10 year booster for TD.

Last edited by Chad C; 04-07-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #154
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

Going for the 2nd dose tomorrow.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 09:49 AM   #155
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Did some reading yesterday, two articles said Moderna is the better with 97% effectiveness and two articles said Pfizer is the better vaccine and Johnson & Johnson in 3rd place at 87% effectiveness, but when you ask people they all say Pfizer is the better vaccine!!!
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #156
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit, Live Oak, Duval

Had my 1st Phizer shot on 3/5. Had no immediate discomfort from the shot, no muscle soreness or fatigue. After a few days I noticed some mild headaches ( I never get headaches unless self inflicted ) & a constant noise in my ears ( Tinnitus ) noise is hard to describe, kind of a constant high pitch siren.
Scheduled for the 2nd shot this Friday, hopefully no other complications, maybe the Tinnitus will be reversed.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #157
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post
Did some reading yesterday, two articles said Moderna is the better with 97% effectiveness and two articles said Pfizer is the better vaccine and Johnson & Johnson in 3rd place at 87% effectiveness, but when you ask people they all say Pfizer is the better vaccine!!!

What people and what do they mean by better?

I took Moderna....My wife took Pfizer. No adverse reactions so I have no idea which is better
Old 04-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #158
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
This is what I read also.

my issue is better at what?

The vaccine does not prevent the catching or spreading of the virus. It claims to produce a lessening of the symptoms. However, over 90 percentile of people that have had the virus did not know it.

So what does the vaccine effectively do?

All the information on COVID 19 that forced us into a shutdown remains pertinent. Masks, social distance, closing of non essential business and lock downs.

My fear is due to handling (politicizing) of the pandemic, we will always be second guessing our decision to take or not take the vaccine.

For those calling people antivaaxers and such just shows the continued levels of ignorance. Many of us have family members whose physical ailments have to be weighed and prayed over in a heavy fashion before an experimental solution to a problem with sketchy information can be agreed upon. (I know that is not you).

And then there are those that are mad because people are even dialoguing about it...
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #159
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
For those calling people antivaaxers and such just shows the continued levels of ignorance. Many of us have family members whose physical ailments have to be weighed and prayed over in a heavy fashion before an experimental solution to a problem with sketchy information can be agreed upon. (I know that is not you).

That term is used all over the internet and in general conversation....twitter, FB, TBH etc etc. Its just a term used for those that don't want the vaccine. Just like Pro-vaxxers are for those that did take it. Calling folks who use either of the terms in a general sense, ignorant.....is well, ridiculous.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #160
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith County, Stephens County

Q: If I get the vaccine am I protected?
A: Maybe

Q: Will it stop me from spreading the virus to others?
A: Probably not

Q: Any long term problems from taking it?
A: Probably not

Q: Once I take it can I trash the mask?
A: NO! You should wear 2.

Q: If I get Covid will I survive?
A: You are more likely to survive covid than the vaccine is to do it's job.

Q: FDA approval?
A: Nope

Q: Any recourse if the vaccine causes me health problems later?
A: NOPE

Q: Where do I line up to take it?
A: Now you're talking.

Just a quick summary of what's going on here. Take it or don't but don't assume since you took it you can't get or spread covid because you can. At least non-vaccinated folks know they can get and spread it to others. It's like you're in line for a bullet-proof vest and some people get walmart sacks instead but think they have a bullet-proof vest on. Most of my family got the vaccine. My Granny got it yesterday and is VERY sick today from it. Hopefully it helps them but that's pretty much the extent of what you can do once vaccinated. Cross your fingers and "hope" it does you some good. I had covid last July. It sucked. I lived. If I get it again it will suck and I'll live again. Maybe if I was older or high-risk I would feel differently. My wife asked me if she should get it being a teacher. I wouldn't even give her an opinion. It's a personal choice and I didn't want to influence her either way. She didn't. Only time in my life I've had the flu was a month after taking the flu shot through the fire dept. But it was a different "strain". LOL Pass
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #161
wloftis
Eight Point

Hunt In: All Over Texas

Quote:
a little more info about me and why I'm contemplating it....

We have two babies under 4 years old and a wife who is allergic to many things.

I had to go to a funeral last weekend and I know a few people attending have had Covid-19. I was worried to say the least while I was there, because there's no telling who else in that family could have had it or still carrying the virus and if I get it from someone, then I risk my family's health (and maybe life)...
My family got it back in Feb. (wife, new born son, and 4 year old son). My 2 year old and myself did not get. The entire time I was taking care of them; still never got it...I caught my two year old drinking after my 4 year old...never got it. I did the nasal tests almost every other day for 21 days; never tested positive, and did several antibody tests that showed up negative. I will probably still get the vaccine, but only bc we plan on traveling out of the country this summer.
wloftis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #162
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
That term is used all over the internet and in general conversation....twitter, FB, TBH etc etc. Its just a term used for those that don't want the vaccine. Just like Pro-vaxxers are for those that did take it. Calling folks who use either of the terms in a general sense, ignorant.....is well, ridiculous.
You are not educating anyone...context of how it is used matters...but you now that.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #163
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

My sil was against getting it, but got the jj vacs yesterday...when asked why she changed her mind, she says her church was going to separate those who are not vaccinated. We've reached a point where the church is shaming / guilting people??

I hope this is just a bs story for an excuse to get it...hard for me to swallow this one.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #164
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army of Dad View Post
I’ve got a buddy who has had GI tract issues ever since he was vaccinated with a bunch of **** before being deployed to former Yugoslavia back in the late 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Army was told to stop giving that poison out but not before ruining so many lives and harming so many children (Anthrax vaccine). The courts finally told DoD that they cannot give experimental vaccines to the military anymore. It is also one of the many reasons I wont take it, fool me once. It is the sole reason that right now it is not mandatory to take these covid experimental vaccines if you are currently in the military.

Operation Warp Speed, no thanks.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:45 AM   #165
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

Up to you I guess. I got mine.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #166
savage1134
Eight Point

Hunt In: MO,TX, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwin Darts View Post
The real question is if you do CrossFit, shoot 6.5 Creedmoor and get the Rona vaccine and you meet someone.....which one are you going to tell them about first?
Im into crossfit, I cross my finger and hope my jeans fit my fat asz.
savage1134 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:59 AM   #167
eastover53
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
We've reached a point where the church is shaming / guilting people??

Surely you're joking. The "church" has been shaming/guilting people for 2000 years.
eastover53 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:24 AM   #168
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
You are not educating anyone...context of how it is used matters...but you now that.

You are not educating anyone. Looking for ways to get offended is no way to go through life. But you know that as well.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #169
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastover53 View Post
Surely you're joking. The "church" has been shaming/guilting people for 2000 years.
Bravo
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:26 AM   #170
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hell you just have to scroll down this page and several other threads to see it... There is one specifically asking about taking the second shot and the effects and the anti-vaxxers jumped in heavily. Not a single thing in the OP asked about taking it or not.............and then its followed by sheep this and I'm a leader not a follower that...
Same could be said the the opposite as well smart. Goes both ways but I'm specifically talking about my own personal experiences. Others trying to guilt you into taking it and how they have taken it ect. Hell I even got told the other day I'm selfish and responsible for murdering people because I didn't wear a mask into the liquor store.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #171
yaqui
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Quote:
That is the Question....

Should I take off the tin foil hat and vaccinate?
or
Should I refuse because the vaccine has mini robots in it and "Big Brother" can give me diarrhea with a push of a button and spy on me?

but on a serious note.... Yay or Nay?
To live or not to live, why take the chance? Do you wear a seatbelt? What about the mental issues post Covid sufferers have been or are having?

I say yes!
yaqui is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #172
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Had my 1st Phizer shot on 3/5. Had no immediate discomfort from the shot, no muscle soreness or fatigue. After a few days I noticed some mild headaches ( I never get headaches unless self inflicted ) & a constant noise in my ears ( Tinnitus ) noise is hard to describe, kind of a constant high pitch siren.
Scheduled for the 2nd shot this Friday, hopefully no other complications, maybe the Tinnitus will be reversed.
Tinnitus was one of the side effects from covid that Kent taylor suffered with

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/21/b...ylor-dead.html
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #173
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Same could be said the the opposite as well smart. Goes both ways but I'm specifically talking about my own personal experiences. Others trying to guilt you into taking it and how they have taken it ect. Hell I even got told the other day I'm selfish and responsible for murdering people because I didn't wear a mask into the liquor store.

I can totally understand that. Like I said further down, it depends on where you are sitting where the talk is most noticeable. Sounds like the vile talk is coming from both angles. Personally, I don't give a **** what somebody other than my wife does.... You'll never see me badmouth anybody for their choices on this..
Old 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #174
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
I can totally understand that. Like I said further down, it depends on where you are sitting where the talk is most noticeable. Sounds like the vile talk is coming from both angles. Personally, I don't give a **** what somebody other than my wife does.... You'll never see me badmouth anybody for their choices on this..
Same here amigo. Everyone had their own reasons and deserves to make their own choices without being shamed or insulted. I've got family members that have taken it and some that haven't doesn't bother me either way.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #175
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Speaking of spouses, mine came to me a few weeks back saying that a woman(whom I respect a great deal) was encouraging all of the ladies in her bible study group to get the vaccine. My wife asked me if she should get it. I told her that was completely up to her and I would support her decision either way but I wouldnt make that decision for anyone. I think this is the ultimate personal decision and no two people's circumstances are the same. I told her what I knew about it both pros and cons. To this point she has decided not to get it. She is a lady that will not hardly take a Motrin so it doesnt suprise me. My point is we all have to decide for ourselves, I just hate being ridiculed because of my personal choice. My body, My choice, right? One other thing, in a couple years I may change my mind about it but for now it is a hard no for me.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #176
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
My sil was against getting it, but got the jj vacs yesterday...when asked why she changed her mind, she says her church was going to separate those who are not vaccinated. We've reached a point where the church is shaming / guilting people??

I hope this is just a bs story for an excuse to get it...hard for me to swallow this one.

So medical records are no longer confidential?
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #177
Artos
Pope & Young

I have no idea how they would enforce such a classless decision...just seems like a really bad choice for a church to guilt / separate their flock within a worship service?? Just not healthy to divide the congregation. Pretty bad if true.

SIL is feeling like crap w/ flu symptoms.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #178
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1134 View Post
Im into crossfit, I cross my finger and hope my jeans fit my fat asz.
LOL
Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:10 PM   #179
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
You are not educating anyone. Looking for ways to get offended is no way to go through life. But you know that as well.
There in lies the rub...I would have to care about your opinion to be offended.

I am curious if you received the vaccine due to the multiple push backs I see posted by you here?
Old 04-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #180
myway
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kent county

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Speaking of spouses, mine came to me a few weeks back saying that a woman(whom I respect a great deal) was encouraging all of the ladies in her bible study group to get the vaccine. My wife asked me if she should get it. I told her that was completely up to her and I would support her decision either way but I wouldnt make that decision for anyone. I think this is the ultimate personal decision and no two people's circumstances are the same. I told her what I knew about it both pros and cons. To this point she has decided not to get it. She is a lady that will not hardly take a Motrin so it doesnt suprise me. My point is we all have to decide for ourselves, I just hate being ridiculed because of my personal choice. My body, My choice, right? One other thing, in a couple years I may change my mind about it but for now it is a hard no for me.
Out of curiosity who are you being ridiculed by? I cannot say I have had one person ask me if I have been vaccinated or not?
myway is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #181
Parramore
Eight Point

Hunt In: West Texas

Got round 1 and will get round 2 in two weeks. Go get your vaccine. None of you are doctors and mine recommended we get it, so we are. Listen to your doctor and do what's right.
Parramore is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #182
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by myway View Post
Out of curiosity who are you being ridiculed by? I cannot say I have had one person ask me if I have been vaccinated or not?
Openly? Family members. Subtly? Aquaintances.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #183
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
There in lies the rub...I would have to care about your opinion to be offended.

I am curious if you received the vaccine due to the multiple push backs I see posted by you here?

Well obviously you don't care for the usage of the word anti-vaxxer or pro-vaxxer? ....

You need to ask whether I got it or not? Did you read this thread? It is well noted in this thread and the others that I got it in part due to my wife's auto immune system issue.... We talked about it, researched it, talked to our doctors and prayed about it... God and the doctors told us it was the thing to do for our situation and we did.

See my post a couple posts up to see how hard I'm "pushing back"...I think you'll figure out that I couldn't care less who takes it and who doesn't.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #184
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Quote:
This is only a narrow snapshot of each, so, a lot a variables (some very important) were not included in this evaluation.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #185
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Im with you Smart - get it dont get it- If you are a **** you will still be one -they dont make a shot to fix that. I could care less. Leave me alone with my decisions - i respect your decision whatever it is
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:49 PM   #186
odogg
Four Point

Hunt In: San Diego, Tx

After seeing several relatives and friends lose their lives due to Covid or complications from it, I chose to take the vaccine. Figured either I get Covid and risk dyeing or die due to the vaccine. I'm still here so I guess it went ok.
odogg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #187
DedDuk
Six Point

Hunt In: East and West TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parramore View Post
Got round 1 and will get round 2 in two weeks. Go get your vaccine. None of you are doctors and mine recommended we get it, so we are. Listen to your doctor and do what's right.
What part of individual choice do you not understand? What makes getting the experimental vaccine right?
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #188
piercebronkite
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado

I have not got COVID and dont plan on taking it anytime soon. I may change my mind in the future. However, I have not been sick in over 5 years and and my health is top notch.
I like to think that my daily health and nutrition choices have contributed to a great immune system.
piercebronkite is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 01:59 PM   #189
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:

There are thousands of Dr's & scientists who do not recommend getting these vacs...one side doesn't get to claim this angle.

People should do their own research & come to their own conclusions...Smart's led him into getting the vaccine & mine says no way. It's not complicated.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #190
c3products20
Spike

Look at the data and make your own choice. If your over a certain age and are more at risk you may consider getting the vaccine... If you are young you may not need to get it! Heck, get tested for antibodies first...... You may already have the "natural" vaccine!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
c3products20 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #191
bbqfan5909
Ten Point

Received round 1 a few hours ago, Texas Motor Speedway was very impressive on operation. I got it due to wife has graves disease, 8 months pregnant and doctor said its the good idea for health of my family. Get it or not, do what's best for you and family, not what folks on this site recommend.
bbqfan5909 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #192
Parramore
Eight Point

Quote:
There are thousands of Dr's & scientists who do not recommend getting these vacs...one side doesn't get to claim this angle.

People should do their own research & come to their own conclusions...Smart's led him into getting the vaccine & mine says no way. It's not complicated.
I'm married to a doctor and know a dozen others through her in our area. Our neighbor next door is an ER doctor. Not one of them has recommended to not get the vaccine and I've spoken with several of them.

Please share where these 1000's of doctors are recommending to not get it.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #193
toomuchsun
Eight Point

Hunt In: on the edge

Part of my family has mixed feelings and little proof to back up the negatives. I respect each to their own (as long as it does not hurt others). I started getting flu shots years ago annually. I now included the 2 lifetime pneumonia shots and fully stopped getting the flu which used to frequently rip me apart. No longer. It worked. I'm in asap.
toomuchsun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #194
CEO
Pope & Young

Around the time my dad got his first dose, one of our family members stopped by the office and told us of a different family member who had just died the day after getting the vaccine.

His eyes got pretty big. I told him not to worry, if he died I would slay multiple cape buffalo in his honor as soon as my inheritance hit the bank.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #195
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
I'm married to a doctor and know a dozen others through her in our area. Our neighbor next door is an ER doctor. Not one of them has recommended to not get the vaccine and I've spoken with several of them.

Why? So vaxholes like you can harass?
You do what's good for you and leave everyone else the hell alone.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #196
Parramore
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Why? So vaxholes like you can harass?
You do what's good for you and leave everyone else the hell alone.
I bet you are a blast at parties. Do I know you? If not, have a blessed day.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #197
MIHunter
Pope & Young

Nope, personal choice.
MIHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #198
Artos
Pope & Young

Not going to waste my time...it's out there, you just aren't seeing it in the msm because it doesn't fit the narrative & you will likely dismiss because it doesn't have your favorite 3 letter news channel next to it.

Go to rumble & search 'Shot in the dark / Dr. Sherri Tenpenny' & watch her other vids. She has spent 20 years studying vaccines. Big social media is silencing her & anyone else who doesn't tow the get your vacs line. She does an excellent job explaining the difference between 2 vs 1 shot.

Why do you think the public narrative is so highly favored to getting the shot when it doesn't always work...just read an article where over 200 folks in Michigan tested positive 2 weeks after their 2nd shot. I don't trust the vacs & am glad you are happy getting the jab. There is NOTHING on the msm where you'll see negative reactions to this vaccine, not one. The CDC / VAERS has over 50k adverse reactions & up around 2500 deaths associated with it. Why would it be so difficult to think there are not physicians & scientists who are being silenced. There is a TON of info out there if folks would get away from Corp media.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #199
dac6933
Pope & Young

Quote:

Good for you.
dac6933 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #200
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Whats right is whatever choice an individual makes for THEMSELVES. Not because you or some Dr thinks it's right. You do what you think is right for you and yours let others do what they think is right. Seems fairly simple to me.