Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-07-2021, 10:04 PM   #251
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Wow. I had no idea 80% of TBHers were liberals.

Y'all probably still wearing masks too, huh?

This is nothing but a big pharm money grab or more attempts to see who will conform.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #252
twright
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cotulla, TX

I had COVID in November. So did wife. We were fortunate to have mild cases. Been exposed three times since and everyone who hadnít had it in those gatherings got it. So wife and I not getting vaccine since weíve had the virus. However, if we start hearing of people getting it more than once, then we will consider getting it. I do not judge others. It is a personal decision by each individual. Understand both sides of the debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twright is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:46 PM   #253
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright View Post
I had COVID in November. So did wife. We were fortunate to have mild cases. Been exposed three times since and everyone who hadnít had it in those gatherings got it. So wife and I not getting vaccine since weíve had the virus. However, if we start hearing of people getting it more than once, then we will consider getting it. I do not judge others. It is a personal decision by each individual. Understand both sides of the debate.

I thought people that already had it are still getting the vaxx. Folks on this thread.

Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:56 PM   #254
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
I thought people that already had it are still getting the vaxx. Folks on this thread.

And still wearing a mask after all of that. Let that sink in.

rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #255
Bucknaked
Four Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Jesus...Is this what happens when you take the vaccine?
It certainly seems like it!
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 11:11 PM   #256
Robertt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County, Tx

My dad is 88 and my youngest sun is 16 and has Type 1 diabetes with a lower immune system. I debated taking the vaccine and compared it to all the vaccinations most of us got growing up. I'm sure those parents questioned each of those when they were new. I ate dirt and drank from a hose when I was a kid. I am not concerned about me but I want my family to be safe too.
Robertt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 12:04 AM   #257
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Can't read the article because I refuse to sign up for any site that mandates it but figured this headline could be relevant to this thread.
Attached Images

justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:03 AM   #258
Starman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Can't read the article because I refuse to sign up for any site that mandates it but figured this headline could be relevant to this thread.
246 out of approximately 1.2 million fully vaccinated people in Michigan as of 3/19 is .02%.

.02% cases is a heck of a lot better than the 95% efficacy that was touted.

Iíd call that a big win.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mli...outputType=amp
Attached Images

Starman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 04:46 AM   #259
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjones87 View Post
where can i find more documented facts about item #3?

no plans on getting the shot here

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...al-cell-lines/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
ďAlmost all brandsĒ is not accurate. Only the J&J vaccine.
https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/...ll_Handout.pdf

The document you reference is disingenuous in the fact that, although factual that Moderna and Phizer vaccines didnít use the cell lines in a direct production process, they DID use them in ďpost-production processesĒ. Depending on the manufacturer this use can range from the cell lines being used as test subjects, to being used to essentially farm the spike proteins necessary for the vaccine to function.

A lot of the articles are trying to word play the fetal cell line use by saying that actual fetus tissue isnít used in production or present in the final vaccine, but only down line cells from the genetic line. I would argue that living tissue originating from an abortion, for me, is still a product of that abortion... even if the original cells are no longer a present in the genetic line.

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 05:58 AM   #260
c3products20
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...al-cell-lines/

The document you reference is disingenuous in the fact that, although factual that Moderna and Phizer vaccines didnít use the cell lines in a direct production process, they DID use them in ďpost-production processesĒ. Depending on the manufacturer this use can range from the cell lines being used as test subjects, to being used to essentially farm the spike proteins necessary for the vaccine to function.

A lot of the articles are trying to word play the fetal cell line use by saying that actual fetus tissue isnít used in production or present in the final vaccine, but only down line cells from the genetic line. I would argue that living tissue originating from an abortion, for me, is still a product of that abortion... even if the original cells are no longer a present in the genetic line.

People are so brilliant... Let's kill one person so we can save another!!! As a matter of fact, let's kill a young one with their entire life ahead of them to save one that's already lived over half their life expectancy! That my friends is evolution at its finest!!!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
c3products20 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #261
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteveo View Post
You guys think there was this much resistance to getting the Vaccine for polio back in the day?
Do you think the polio vaccine was developed in less than a year and then deemed experimental when passing it out to the public?
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 07:51 AM   #262
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerscowboy View Post
Some of y'all are very entertaining for others.

Any of you anti-vac people consume margarine? Did you know it's one ingredient away from being plastic? But some of you eat it everyday. Hmmmm
Did you know you can safely eat plastic and it will just pass on through much like corn will?
Old 04-08-2021, 07:52 AM   #263
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
246 out of approximately 1.2 million fully vaccinated people in Michigan as of 3/19 is .02%.

I’d call that a big win.

That percentage is pretty much along the lines of the mortality rate of the virus itself, before the vaccine.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 08:13 AM   #264
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Y'all know we are all gonna die in the end right? Death is at 100% so far.

I got my Eternal passport...what about you?
Death from Above is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #265
Scubasteveo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kennard,anywhere else I can mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright View Post

My brother has had it twice. Once in March of last year, and January this year. The antibodies only last for a little while, how long they last is a mystery just like the vaccine. But his bout in January was way less severe than the one in March.
Scubasteveo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #266
BmacBmac1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Y'all know we are all gonna die in the end right? Death is at 100% so far.

I got my Eternal passport...what about you?

I do, praise Jesus!

BmacBmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #267
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
My brother has had it twice. Once in March of last year, and January this year. The antibodies only last for a little while, how long they last is a mystery just like the vaccine. But his bout in January was way less severe than the one in March.
I was gonna ask if the 2nd time was more mild. From what I understand, while the antibodies aren't permanent there are other mechanisms retained by the system that will make for a more rapid response. Early on I remember reading that some people who'd had exposure to other corona viruses and common colds had T cells that responded to rapidly create the antibodies and fight it off and these people would have very mild or asymptomatic cases.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #268
Scubasteveo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kennard,anywhere else I can mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Do you think the polio vaccine was developed in less than a year and then deemed experimental when passing it out to the public?
Do you really think that the vaccine they have now is completely brand new? They have a base line since this is a Coronavirus, just like SARS and MERS. I'll go with the science.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-c.../coronaviruses
Scubasteveo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #269
DedDuk
Six Point

Hunt In: East and West TX

Quote:
Do you really think that the vaccine they have now is completely brand new? They have a base line since this is a Coronavirus, just like SARS and MERS. I'll go with the science.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-c.../coronaviruses
Yet the SARS and MERS vaccines are still not approved. I wonder why
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #270
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedDuk View Post
Yet the SARS and MERS vaccines are still not approved. I wonder why
Because there's no money in vaccinating 3rd world countries probably. Forcing the tax payers to vaccinate 300 million Americans though... that's some big profits.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #271
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
millions of american children received the polio vaccine before it was ever approved by the FDA.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #272
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

I personally know 4 people who've died of covid, and I know several more who've been very sick, some that nearly died. I know a whole lot of people who've lost family members. I don't know anyone who's had more than a minor reaction to the vaccine. I also know that cases are dropping rapidly as more and more people are vaccinated. It was an easy choice for me. When the vaccine was offered I took it. I'm not in the high risk group, but i'm not the healthiest person either. It's certainly a choice, and I don't condemn people who choose differently than me. I also don't care much when they get sick. I "took the risk" by getting the vaccine, and they "took the risk" by not.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #273
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets13 View Post
I personally know 4 people who've died of covid, and I know several more who've been very sick, some that nearly died. I know a whole lot of people who've lost family members. I don't know anyone who's had more than a minor reaction to the vaccine. I also know that cases are dropping rapidly as more and more people are vaccinated. It was an easy choice for me. When the vaccine was offered I took it. I'm not in the high risk group, but i'm not the healthiest person either. It's certainly a choice, and I don't condemn people who choose differently than me. I also don't care much when they get sick. I "took the risk" by getting the vaccine, and they "took the risk" by not.
Herd immunity has many definitions, but the free fall in severe cases started long before vaccine output got us where we are today when it comes to vaccinated numbers.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #274
txpitdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fairfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Yeah, and black pepper is one "particle" away from being poisonous...
And saccharine (Sweet N Low) is a hazardous waste per EPA. So are those little silver bbís the church ladies put on fancy cookies
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:24 PM   #275
ATI
Ten Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Just out of curiosity,

Those who say Covid-19 is BS and the vaccine is a scam and it's a Pharma money grab,,,

Do y'all doubt there is a Covid-19?
I was skeptical until people I know got it, but even then, the healthcare people told them they had "it" to me it could've just been a normal Flu...

For those who think Covid-19 is real, how do you know? only because the doctor or nurse and TV News say it is? or if you've had it, because the doctor or nurse that saw you told you you had Covid-19??? how was it different from a normal Flu?

This whole thing is frustrating and very fishy and I hope the truth comes out before I die.

(Edit) die NOT from Covid-19 ;-)
ATI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #276
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post
Just out of curiosity,

Those who say Covid-19 is BS and the vaccine is a scam and it's a Pharma money grab,,,

I was skeptical until people I know got it, but even then, the healthcare people told them they had "it" to me it could've just been a normal Flu...

For those who think Covid-19 is real, how do you know? only because the doctor or nurse and TV News say it is? or if you've had it, because the doctor or nurse that saw you told you you had Covid-19??? how was it different from a normal Flu?

This whole thing is frustrating and very fishy and I hope the truth comes out before I die.

I think the virus is real, and I also think there are people taking advantage of it to line their pockets. I think masks are a false sense of security and this virus is going to spread regardless of face diapers. I guess this puts me somewhere in the middle? I don't feel like public shaming and mandating population to wear things or behave differently is a valid freedom to sacrifice. I believe people need to take steps to protect themselves from this real virus.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #277
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Pretty sure my crew had it last year in March right before nanza & it wasn't like any cold/flu like cootie I recall...never had a fever like the girls, but man that dry cough & mostly the fatigue was pretty crazy. Bet I was sleeping 15-20 hours a day for the duration.

But you are right, I do not know what I had...wouldn't have gotten a test even if they were available so who knows.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #278
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Quote:
I think the virus is real, and I also think there are people taking advantage of it to line their pockets. I think masks are a false sense of security and this virus is going to spread regardless of face diapers. I guess this puts me somewhere in the middle? I don't feel like public shaming and mandating population to wear things or behave differently is a valid freedom to sacrifice. I believe people need to take steps to protect themselves from this real virus.
This here.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 04:58 PM   #279
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith County, Stephens County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI View Post
Just out of curiosity,

For me the difference between COVID and flu was the complete loss of taste and smell. Like stick my nose in a gas can and couldnít smell a thing.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 06:36 PM   #280
twright
Eight Point

Hunt In: Cotulla, TX

Quote:

I have a great Doc. He has lab in office. He has me come in monthly to check antibodies. He wants to see how long they last. Think he is doing it with other patience too. Kind of his own little research I guess. Anyway, I still got em.

twright is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 06:40 PM   #281
lunatic'hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, Montana

Americans.
Attached Images

lunatic'hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #282
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Just got my 2nd shot today. ZERO issues at all. After 20 plus years in BIG pharma and the biotechnology I don't stress over it.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 08:20 PM   #283
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:

Put me in this category.

rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #284
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:

Yep, itís real but the consequences and preventative measures are great over stated. Masks are a sham, used properly they could help but the way most people use them they spread more than they contain. If you truly follow the science instead of the hype there is a pretty small percentage of people who need a vaccine.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:54 AM   #285
IkemanTX
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
Americans.

McDonaldís has only ever made one batch of McRibs,... they just pull them out of storage once a year! Lol

IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #286
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Americans.
With a little research you could learn that the McRib is made from 100% farm raised pork.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #287
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

I wasn’t planning on getting the vaccine but they are giving it to us free at my job so why not I guess. I still won’t eat a McRib though.
dc1986 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #288
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpitdog View Post
I wish this didnít come across as advocating for the vaccine, cuz Iím not really fully decided myself on whether it really does what they say it does (though I have gotten it), but I think it is worth mentioning that people who have gotten COVID and beaten it have following health issues that sound like they really suck. Blood clots, organ damage, impact to cognitive function. So if Iím rolling the dice on a vaccine that may or may not have been needed to end a ďplandemicĒ or Iím rolling the dice on documented cases and risk to new chronic debilitating health issues, itís hard for me to scoff at the vaccine.

Iím 46 so Iím right at the point where Iím able to do more adventurous stuff with the kids as well as thinking about all the bad *** rock star cool stuff Iím gonna do once the kids leave the house. If those plans and hopes were cut short or limited because of some stupid health issue that would be a major bummer.

Itís all risk, just which kind are you most comfortable with.

This is exactly why my husband got his vax on Wednesday. Too many proven potential complications of actually catching Covid and getting sick with it. If a vaccine prevents the severe illness that leads to these complications, then great. Itís not just about dying from it for us, though I am higher risk.

Iíve been fully vaccinated since the first week of January because I work in a hospital and Iím immunosuppressed. I got my first dose on the first day offered at my hospital. I did my research and talked to numerous physicians that I work with who work out Covid ICUs. Neither my husband nor I lived/live in fear but if a vaccine gives us a better chance of actually living the rest of our lives then great.
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #289
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBubba View Post
Nay for me but my wife did, I just told her to do what she thinks is best for her. I have never had the flu vaccine either and have never had the flu. If I get the China flu and die, I'll be hugging Jesus!
Me also Unc!!
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 07:54 AM   #290
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Americans.
It's also a personal decision to eat that garbage if you so choose......
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #291
Jake
Four Point

I love the McRib

Wife has never looked better post COVID. No taste or smell for 3 months will for a smoke show.

I see both sides of the vac deal. Still not sure. Had Covid in January, so have some time to decide. I do believe that it was lab created, just based on the fact that the symptoms were so different for me than normal sickness. Not terrible, but different.

Love that as Texans we still have choice and respect otherís choice no matter how crazy their reasoning.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:18 PM   #292
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit, Live Oak, Duval

Got shot # 2 of Phizer at 9:30 this morning. So far so good. Still have the Tinnitus from the 1st dose. Guy administering the shot says it should go away after 30 to 40 days, man I hope he's right.
Wife went to a Funeral today for an uncle that died from Covid, his daughter died from it this morning. Someone needs to pay dearly for this China Plague.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #293
Kmiles84
Eight Point

Hunt In: Texas

Name:  A8CB7B33-7AF7-45FC-8E75-015175BD5E79.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  93.0 KB
Kmiles84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #294
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Still nope.
Wife says nope.
2 of my doctors say nope.
Most of their nurses say nope.

I'm 56, have no spleen and arterial sclerosis. Have had 4 cardiac incidents and 5 stents.

But the way the government has lied and manipulated this there is no way I trust this vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by DRT; 04-09-2021 at 06:19 PM.
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 06:17 PM   #295
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake;15562418[B
]I love the McRib [/B]

Wife has never looked better post COVID. No taste or smell for 3 months will for a smoke show.

I see both sides of the vac deal. Still not sure. Had Covid in January, so have some time to decide. I do believe that it was lab created, just based on the fact that the symptoms were so different for me than normal sickness. Not terrible, but different.

Love that as Texans we still have choice and respect otherís choice no matter how crazy their reasoning.
This says a lot
Old 04-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #296
bobby314
Ten Point

I got it. It was a coin toss politically but my wife is a nurse. ev1 that told me not to get it, struggled in 7th grade science, so I Said efff it and got it.
bobby314 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #297
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Just curious about the face diaper comments. Do you say that in public to someone wearing a face mask?
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2021, 07:15 PM   #298
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Just curious about the face diaper comments. Do you say that in public to someone wearing a face mask?
No, but on the flipside I have certainly had people be completely rude to me for not wearing one. I don't care if you wear one or not(in general) even though its been proven to be not effective(other than exterminating the flu).
Old 04-09-2021, 07:38 PM   #299
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
I don't talk to people in public, but I've certainly said it loud enough for the public to hear it when talking to people that are with me. It's a face diaper, that's literally what it is it's designed to catch the **** spewing out of the mouth.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:41 PM   #300
Bucknaked
Four Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman View Post

Iíd call that a big win.

This is Short Term! The unknown is the long term! People donít think about that!
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top