Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-07-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
breeds13
Four Point

Hunt In: Junction, TX
Default Port Mansfield Wade Fishing

Anyone know any good wade fishing spots down in Port Mansfield? I will be down there later this month for a friendly company fishing tournament. Majority of the guys fish out of a boat, but I'm particular to wade fishing. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the area as I have only fished down there a couple of times in the last few years, with those times fishing being done out of the boat.
breeds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

North hit the chain of islands and the King Ranch shoreline. Cut across from the harbor and fish the east cut flats. Those are the easiest to locate and wade fish.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
TX CHICKEN
Ten Point

Hunt In: Karnes County, Jim Hogg and Duval County
Default Port Mansfield Wade Fishing

Not sure how hard the freeze hurt them but if looking for trout the flats around East cut are good (look for drop offs and sand pockets) and I have had great success fishing the spoil banks just south of PM on the intercostal side. If you want to make a run the land cut always produces but it can be a brutal trip if windy.

Just re read your post...will you have access to a boat or looking for walk in spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX CHICKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2021, 10:21 PM   #4
breeds13
Four Point

Hunt In: Junction, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
Not sure how hard the freeze hurt them but if looking for trout the flats around East cut are good (look for drop offs and sand pockets) and I have had great success fishing the spoil banks just south of PM on the intercostal side. If you want to make a run the land cut always produces but it can be a brutal trip if windy.

Just re read your post...will you have access to a boat or looking for walk in spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iíll have access to a boat but Iíll most likely have them drop me off at some Wade spots while they go drift fish.
breeds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top