Big mature 8pt: learned a valuable lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big mature 8pt: learned a valuable lesson

I filmed this hunt the weekend after thanksgiving. This weekend seems to be the weekend I end up killing a deer almost every season. I thought about not posting this video to my channel or on here and not even putting it together. After some thought I figured this could be a good learning experience for myself as well as others.

This summer I switched from the normal 380-390gr arrow I’ve shot for many years to a 510gr arrow. Needless to say if I was shooting my old arrow set up this buck would have lived to see another day. Below is the hunt.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7SscqY-KQ"]BIG SOUTH TEXAS 8pt whitetail {Bow Kill} - GRAPHIC!! - YouTube[/ame]

Between buck fever, being nervous as my first bow shot on camera, way over thinking and analyzing my shot before I even released the arrow, I shanked it. I am very glad I decided to bump up on my arrow weight this year or I’d be singing the blues. After it was all said and done the 125gr rage went completely through one shoulder blade, clipped a vertebrae, the aorta, and almost made it out the offside shoulder. Not proud of the shot but I think it’s a good argument for heavy arrows when mistakes happen.

Last but not least hit the sub button on my channel if you don’t mind, I would sure appreciate it. There’s a lot of content from Bowhunting here in Texas to hunting and fishing in Alaska.
    Last edited by diamond10x; 02-11-2021, 07:06 PM.

Great video.

Comment

awesome video! I have one question...... how do you take a nap sitting on that bucket

Comment

Need to start a go fund me account for a chair and fat boy cushion. I was squirming in my recliner watching you sitting on that bucket. Good video.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Need to start a go fund me account for a chair and fat boy cushion. I was squirming in my recliner watching you sitting on that bucket. Good video.
          Haha that’s my secret to never falling asleep in the blind or making any creaky noises from a chair.

Comment

Enjoyed it congrats

Comment

Great video

At 3:14 (I think) what was wrong with that does feet?

Comment

Good video! Heavy arrows are the only way to go IMO

Comment

Nice buck and video

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                    Great video

At 3:14 (I think) what was wrong with that does feet?
                    Thank you

I’m not sure I didn’t notice anything, I’ll definitely have to go back and look.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                      Good video! Heavy arrows are the only way to go IMO
                      Thank you.

After this experience I won’t ever go light and fast ever again for a fact.

Comment

Definitely prefer a heavy arrow! Congratulations!

Comment

good shot

Comment

Learned a good lesson with a good outcome, I'd say.

So, was that release aid a HT?

Comment

Great video! Enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X